1,029 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We needed a hotel to spend a couple of nights and we decided to go with this Holiday Inn because it had a wheelchair accessible room available and booking it was easy also. We were kind of surprised for being charged about 300 USD per night but we thought that would be “reasonable” given the property was beachfront located and within the hotel corridor. So we went for it keeping Holiday Inn standards in mind. Long story short: 300 USD per night was a total rip-off and this is why:
First, when we arrived the staff looked really overwhelmed, from the valet (which was not a valet but more like the parking lot guy) to the bellboy to the reception girl. It’s not like this is their fault but overwhelmed staff tend not to be very kind nor amiable.
At first glance the property looked like any given Holiday Inn, but as soon as we were conducted to our room the poorly taken-care-of facilities became obvious. Not to mention the property really looked old fashioned. Humidity all along the corridor was annoying and obviously derived from deficient maintenance. Humidity just got worse in our room: the air was so humid you could feel the blankets and the bed itself as if they had been soaked. The so-called “handicap room” was more like a hollow room with no chairs, no desk, no table, not even a tray for luggage. The reason obviously was to provide more space for wheelchairs but at expenses of comfort and functionality. The bathroom was hideous! Dirty, with humidity all over, and with not even the minimum adjuncts for calling it wheelchair friendly: no safety bars, no raised toilet, and no shower chair. Moreover, when I asked for such a shower chair they provided a ridiculous, unsafe, outrageous solution: they asked me to go grab one chair from the terrace and use it in the shower! Finally, for wrapping up the first experience, turned out that the TV was not working properly, and although they ended up fixing the problem, we had people entering and exiting the room for about half an hour at 10 PM. Need not to say that such a first glance was enough for biasing the overall stay: the pool was small and unheated; though the property was beachfront, the beach was rocky and filled with algae, so not a pleasant one; the parking lot was so small the parking lot guy did not care when people parked at the handicap spots; and housekeeping was so poor they didn’t even take good care of cleaning the room properly.

In a nutshell, if you aim at staying within Cancun’s tourist corridor do not fall in this hotel’s trap; you will definitely be better-off at a business class hotel at the business district.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eddel
Yemil S, Manager at Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Eddel,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn CANCUN ARENAS.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Four adults with two seniors. The building is old and rusty but we were much too tired from our adventures for it to bother us too much. Things to look out for that during the early mornings and late nights there wouldn't be any hot water. We had cold showers, which I didn't mind too much because of the hot climate. One of the elevators, which our room was right in front of, squeaked whenever it was in use. Bothered us a little, but we got use to it.

Why I rated it four out of five despite that? I loved the staff. They were super attentive and helpful. My whole family also enjoyed the food. Lots of traditional mexican cuisine. We missed it when we got back home. The beach is small in comparison to others in the hotel zone, but I liked how it wasn't too busy and made great early morning and evening walks. It's a nice quieter getaway compared to hotels in the downtown area. It is also very close to the cancun downtown area where we'd take a public bus there. I would love to come back!

Notes: There is a buffet and two restaurants. The restaurants aren't open everyday and you can choose to attend one for free *all inclusive* during your stay. We went to the ocean grill. Make use of this option while you're there.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank kaylar368
Yemil S, Manager at Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Dear Kaylar368,

Thank you very much for your kind words described in your review of your recent stay in our facilities. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve every day.

I am pleased to know that you found the level of our staff services and food to be excellent among the aspects of your stay, and we greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the services that need attention into detail.

It would be an honor to host your holiday once again, we hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to show you first hand the improvements that you helped us to achieve and at the same time you will experience a level of excellence that you truly deserve.

Once again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn CANCUN ARENAS.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

we were 7 people, five adults and two children ...
the hotel is very old, the doors of the terraces do not work ..
the food is always the same of the menu all the time, the fruits are the same, they only offer papaya, watermelon and melon, the cheapest fruits, the attention of the restaurant is very bad, in the bar, the person who attends is not good person, they lack a lot of attitude to take care of the people, they deny the children the corn, because they have to eat it sitting there .... they denied us water for the children and apart they charged us the last lunch before leaving the hotel....
It was the worst experience of my life ... please do not choose this hotel, it ruined your vacation, as they did with us ...

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JAIRO T
Yemil S, Manager at Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Jairo T,

Reviewed 21 February 2018

expensive hotel for a terrible time
the rooms are okay, old, some draws do not open,mold in all the shower ceilings, the WiFi is very slow, both pools are not clean as there were bugs and birds swimming in there.
the beach (apart from all the broken chairs on beach/pool side) and bar staff/waiters and waitresses along with karaoke staff and the band were absolutely lovely and very helpful which is great because the hotel is actually horrible and they make it better
the staff at check in are rude and condescending aswell as the manager, the food wasnt great at all, then they charged me 800 pesos for stained towels AFTER 3 DAYS WHEN I WAS CHECKING OUT instead of informing me the night after i washed my hair and stained the towel with dye, i agreed to pay 300 pesos and i transferred to another room with other family members so i was charged extra for it.
i was finally given a towel for my hair 4 days after i requested it and recieved it on my last night (they did not charge me for it)
overall i had an awful stay which was unexpected as i had stayed in watford holiday inn and veracruz boca del rio holiday inn both are amazing

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Yemil S, Manager at Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Emma X,

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Upon arriving to my room it was quite apparent my room wasn’t cleaned properly. All the urine still all over the toilet seat and floor and the hair all over the place. Leaving I asked the front desk to have it cleaned but returned a few hours later to the same mess.
Ok so you get served dinner on a chip plate and a cup of coffee in a chipped cup.
No internet, no customer service, key card is useless. Be prepared to be disappointed if you stay here.
There are so many nicer places to stay in Cancun, it was the worst two days for me

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank E7850QFbriang
Yemil S, Manager at Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Brian G,

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.