Upon arrival, we were given the wrong room number by the front desk clerk; wasted about 20 minutes trying to find our room on the first floor which was actually on the 10th floor. When I came back to the front desk and told them we couldn't find our room; he simply said 'Oh, I made a mistake", not even an apology for wasting my time. When I finally located our room on the 10th floor, I opened the door to find that our luggage hadn't been delivered. Back downstairs I went again and finally found our luggage still on the cart sitting by the front entrance; the bell hop brought it back down because there wasn't anyone in our room to let him in-hmm, I wonder whose fault that was. Internet usage is $4USD per hour; some very irate guests were arguing with the front desk because they couldn't get online. I'd be mad too paying a price like that and not being able to connect.
Next day when the room was done, toiletry items weren't restocked; had to call front desk to request shampoo and soap so we could take showers(no houkekeeping staff we met could speak any english). Supplies were finally sent up. Next day we came back to find the maids had only replaced one of the 2 blue beachtowels we had left to be replaced for clean ones and only 1 handtowel supplied,(first day we arrived there were 2). Next day we came back to find that there were no facecloths and only 1 large bathtowel( we were 3 people). Had to call front desk once again. When our toilet plugged up, again called front desk twice before someone finally came up to unplug it after we waited for about 10 hours. The next 2 days weren't too bad. On the 6th day, came back to our room; plenty of towels but the showercurtain was missing this time! Didn't bother to call front desk as we were leaving next morning anyway. Most of the food we found either undercooked, greasy or had no taste. You couldn't get any food after 10:30pm and no drinks after 1:00am or so. Had to wait until 6:30am next morning for food; 10:00am for drinks. First resort we ever stayed at that didn't provide 24 hour service. Not much entertainment either compared to other resorts we had stayed at. Final night, a guest in the next room I think had too much tequila, went on a rampage yelling, swearing and tore a supply room door off it's hinges. Police came to take him away. This could be a really nice resort but it's not being managed very well. The housekeeping staff in particular appeared to be poorly organized and some of the front desk staff were rather blunt and not at all polite. At least the restaurant staff were very good; they attended to all our needs and were very polite and courteous. Wish I could recommend this place but I can't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "I'm all about the kid-stuff: endless entertainment, family-friendly accommodations, child-centric restaurants and a Kids Club that's cool as can be. But I've got that pampered, indulgent side, too, as a visit to my Kin Ha Spa shows - I always find plenty of fun stuff for parents to do while the kids are having fun. I'm like my sister resort, Oasis Palm - but a bit more upscale, with the extra amenities you're looking for. I'm Mexican and proud of it: my dancing, dining and decor reflect the culture of Cancun, with my delicioso Mexican food in the cantina and lots of activities for everyone". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Oasis Palm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Palm Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort