Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from US$46.00
from US$42.00
from US$55.50
25,307 results
All reviews tour guide seven wonders an umbrella playa del carmen ball court mayan culture bucket list toll road main pyramid buy souvenirs vendors selling lots of water bring water rented a car amazing site hour drive long trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

TripAdvisor should vet their tour operators out of Cancun. We had a no show today. Total let down and disappointment in this website. Had all good experiences before, but this calls for a reevaluation.

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

The archaeological site is beautiful, amazing how they built this however the site is surrounded by many vendors who constantly try to sell you their goods it's annoying and you can't really appreciate beauty of this place

1  Thank Flitz8
Reviewed 27 February 2021

We came to Chichen Itza on a tour we booked through our resort. The entrance area and ticket booths we were able to skip right by. I could definitely see that if you just showed up having not coordinated ahead of time how it would have been a nightmare though. The actual grounds themselves are really spectacular and worth the visit. Seems to be really kept clean and well taken care of and the ruins appear to be taken care of as well. I personally feel that allowing vendors into the actual grounds of the park is terrible and it really kind of took away from the experience for me. Being barraged from every direction with vendors whistling or saying things to get you to look at them all selling the same crap just isn't my cup of tea. I like to experience archeological sites like this in quiet, so I can try to place myself there, in their time and imagine what it would have been like but it is impossible with the vendors all around. I'm not saying get rid of the vendors completely, I understand they have to make a living also, but I think having the Vendors outside the gates or in the newly constructed market area right as you are leaving is a great idea, almost like a gift shop. But having them inside the ruins really distracted from my experience.

2  Thank Kevintravelstheglobe
Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

What a great and interesting place. Only wish they had less vendors You can’t really settle in over the constant begging you to buy stuff. Get an official guid. They are super and not expensive. We bought tickets there and only took 5 minutes - don’t need “skip the line”. Covid protocol was beat I have seen anywhere!
Overall a very great way to spend a day. Get there early and swim in a cenote after !

1  Thank neilpM3206PO
Reviewed 21 February 2021

Beautifully restored ruins. Yes you will look silly but go ahead and join the others in clapping to make the echo at the top. The ball court has some wonderfully preserved carvings showing some gruesome acts. Other temples also have some great carvings. Sadly a lot of the ruins cannot be entered (can't go up the pyramid or enter the 1000 columns). THE WORST, SADDEST EXAMPLE OF GOVERNMENT RED TAPE: at the entrance, the SAME entrance!, you need to buy 2 separate tickets because one is a municipal charge and the other is a federal charge. The ticket windows look the same and are numbered in ascending order which is frustrating because it looks like it's all just one set of ticket windows. What's even more infuriating, one window accepts Amex, the other doesnt! Thankfully the beauty of the ruins erased any annoyances I had with that system.

Date of experience: January 2021