My husband, 10 yr old, and I stayed at the Allegro 11/18-11/21. Upon arrival we were greeted by the timeshare hard sell (which is common in Mexico now) but we nicely declined and explained I'm a TA and come all the time. Our room was a second floor palapa room which was interesting. The room is very small 12X12ish w/ two picture windows, a tiny bathroom and good size balconly w/ a hammock and table/chairs. The room is dark because of the thatch roof. You don't have any privacy in the rm as the windows open to others. The first impression is, "cool, I'm in a tree house". However it's also damp, dank, dark and a little creepy wondering what exactly lives up there. If you have allergies or breathing problems this place is not for you. The Beach is wonderful and is the saving grace of this property. Period. It's a good snorkel beach/white sand/clean. This is really the best part of the experience. Food was also a pleasant surprise. I thought it was actually above average for an all inclusive. The service was super. I understand this property is undergoing an ownership change. This may explain why the common areas are in such poor/dirty shape. The pools must be repainted. The restaurants need a good cleaning/painting. The Fast Eddies Bar was so discusting we left. The ceilings have lots of leaks, the paint is peeling, the tiles falling down, lots of rehab must be done. Because of the dirty conditions I decided to start taking my Cipro Antibiotic just in case. I've traveled the world and never taken meds as a preventative until this resort. That should tip you off. Because everything is dirty/broken/sticky etc we were shocked the food was actually pretty good. Drinks were bad. No name brands. Very weak. Now, I've read reviews and heard the weak drink complaints and always thought, "well just ask for extra". I tried that and ended up with a drink that was so strong we'd order a third to balance it out. It was inconvenient . They only have light Corona on tap for any dark beer lovers you're out of luck. We had a lot of rain during our stay and were stuck in our room which brings me back to the "leaky hut" we got to enjoy. Luckily, the leaks were only over my daughters bed so we just moved her. I didn't care for this resort. Having stayed at over 20 All Inclusives this is the only one I wouldn't go back to. It has potential because of the beach, but the common areas are a disaster. It got to the point where you just tried not to look too much knowing if you examin things you'd find something that would gross you out or worry you. I plan to contact this resort and forward this review. Hopefully all of the "official looking" people taking inventory on this property saw what we did and fix the place up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive