I'll do it the easier way...a list of pros and cons
Pros (bc it's a shorter list):
-The beaches are beautiful!!! They are absolutely picture perfect
-Staff are very friendly and helpful (I had a fresh coconut every morning and afternoon with the help of the male staff who would run into the jungle with machetes to get them for me)
-It is close to town and the ferry to Chichen Itza (about a 15 minutes drive costing about $15USD)
-The food is really bad. I find that they cook what they THINK we as tourists would enjoy. Bad idea. I ate in town almost everyday and stuck to mostly fruit and veggies while on the resort.
-When it rained, my roof caved. I came back to a room that was flooded..all my things that weren't in waterproof bags/containers were soaked (they did set me up with a new room a couple hours later).
-The kids water park and one of the pools were under construction for half my stay so the beach was busier, making finding a good chair a chore. The walls are paper thin...you can and will hear everything your neighbours are doing...
-No wifi in the rooms. You can get access only from the lobby or the snack bar. Prices range from $11USD/hour to $21usd a day to $81usd per week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive