“How do I put this gently...”
Review of Allegro Cozumel

Allegro Cozumel
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I'll do it the easier way...a list of pros and cons

Pros (bc it's a shorter list):
-The beaches are beautiful!!! They are absolutely picture perfect
-Staff are very friendly and helpful (I had a fresh coconut every morning and afternoon with the help of the male staff who would run into the jungle with machetes to get them for me)
-It is close to town and the ferry to Chichen Itza (about a 15 minutes drive costing about $15USD)

Cons:
-The food is really bad. I find that they cook what they THINK we as tourists would enjoy. Bad idea. I ate in town almost everyday and stuck to mostly fruit and veggies while on the resort.
-When it rained, my roof caved. I came back to a room that was flooded..all my things that weren't in waterproof bags/containers were soaked (they did set me up with a new room a couple hours later).
-The kids water park and one of the pools were under construction for half my stay so the beach was busier, making finding a good chair a chore. The walls are paper thin...you can and will hear everything your neighbours are doing...
-No wifi in the rooms. You can get access only from the lobby or the snack bar. Prices range from $11USD/hour to $21usd a day to $81usd per week.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower level. If and when it rains..you could find yourself soaked like me!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank MsGlobeTrotter2011
Write a ReviewReviews (4,628)

Reviewed 24 December 2012

The main reason we return to Allegro Cozumel is the dive shop! Hans and Amanda are now friends as we have visited the island 5 times and 4 of them we have stayed at the Allegro! If you want a 5 star not the place for you! If you want clean rooms and friendly staff then by all means Allegro is for you! The meals are OK, not gourmet but we always found something to eat! We will be returning and staying at the Allegro. Thinking maybe February 2013!!

Room Tip: Ask for a foam pad for bed!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MissouriDivefreak
Reviewed 21 December 2012

My wife and I went in Mid- December 2012. Was only about 20% occupied. Pools closed and all a la carte restaurants as well for cleaning and repair. This resort was average at best.The beach though was great. Kids pools and activities looked liked they might have been fun if they were opened. Food was below avg. If you are just looking to hang on the beach and didn't care about the rest of the property this is the place. Avg rooms but clean. Employees tried hard too please everyone. Price was right.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank beachlover50064
Reviewed 20 December 2012

The Allegro Hotel provided a very good time for myself and my son. It is a little ways from town (10 min) but for us that was a good thing. i would suggest renting a car to see the island. The beach is very nice and is the highlight of the hotel. The food was hit or miss but the staff was very friendly and very accomidating. The only turn off we expirienced were the time share sales people, they were right there when you first arrived and everytime you went to eat. My vacation time is very important to me and there was no way i was sitting through a hour and half sales pitch with no intention of buying. they do not take no for answer. Big turn off Allegro! Other than that i would return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Nectardiablo
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We were very comfortable with our stay and have recommended to friends to stay at the Allegro. The staff and how they listened to our needs and wants and waiting on us with pleasure was the Best! The buffet and fresh omelettes and fresh fruit smoothies was something we would wait for come morning. The restaurants in the evening served a variety of cultural food choices. We both have a physical disability and we asked for a low level room near where we wanted to spend most of our day and was accommodated. I would like to see the ocean bars open in to the evening later as the sun sets and for evening strolls. I woould also like to see some sandwiches, tacos, burritos, etc. available at any time during the day. We do call it our other home and are returning.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple