Playa Azul(Cozumel)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$175
US$170
Beds Friends Hostel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$26
Hostelworld.com
  • Restaurant
US$248
US$201
Villas Las Anclas(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$54
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

The Explorean Cozumel(Cozumel)
US$246
US$210
Priceline
Casita de Maya(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$47
Coral Reef Inn(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$55
Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$78
TripAdvisor
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$564
US$470
US$343
5,283 results
All reviewsultimate dive experiencethe oriental restaurantfirst clubfishdive shopkids poolgreat beachkids clubdinner buffeta la carte restaurantsfamily resortdive palancarpicky eaterother resortsbeach volleyballrecommend this resorthard beds
Reviewed 21 March 2004

Just returned from a wonderful trip to the Allegro 3/13 -3/20 . I was very nervous after reading so many negative reviews but they could not have been more wrong!! Our group of ten had a great time!! grounds are beautiful and clean and the beach was the best I had seen on the island!! Food was good, Breakfast buffet was best but dinner buffet was good as well, we stuck to pool snack bar for lunch!! Staff were always friendly, especially the two Freddy's at the pool bar!! I miss them already!! My only complaint ( a minor one) is that the rooms do need some updating but I was only in there to sleep and shower and change, I was not going to let that affect my trip. In conclusion, I would definitely return to the Allegro and will recommend it to friends and family! Have a great time!!

• Stayed: March 2004
1  Thank tracy212
Reviewed 17 March 2004

Stayed at the Allegro w/o March 1st with my husband. We had a great time! I certainly had my doubts when reading some of the reviews before going on this vacation. I can't believe how people can find so many things to complain about! This is Mexico....not the US...sorry if you're not catered to every moment of the day! The staff work extremely hard and I'm sure that they're paid very little......give them a break!
Although I do have to admit that Ricardo in Customer Service was a bit rude! The food was pretty good (better than some all inclusives that I've been to), but the smoothies were the best. Great idea to bring your insulated mugs for drinks! Entertainment was okay, but as I've mentioned the staff that run the nightly entertainment also run the daily activities as well...they work very long hours! The rooms were very simple and small...but who cares...all you do is sleep there! Our room was very close to the disco, so from approximately 10:30 to about 1:30 every night we heard the heavy bass of the music...oh well, we just bought ourselves some ear plugs. The best about the rooms are the hammocks on the front porch of every room! The grounds of the resort are stunning and the beach was fantastic!

A TripAdvisor Member
MA
Reviewed 16 March 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Allegro March 6-13, 2004. We read the reviews and came prepared with a candle, and some febreeze when we heard the rooms were musty. Once we put on the AC, the must went away and we didnt have any issues. You could smell the sewer at night outside, but once inside the room with the AC on, couldnt smell a thing. THe rooms are ok and adequate... NOTHING SPECIAL, but we were there for the beach. There were some very small bugs that we noticed on white paperwork that we had left on the nightstand. The water pressure was hard, but you got used to it, and other than the very first day, we had plenty of hot water. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL, and we found the employees to be friendly and helpful and very appreciative of any tips received. Seeing the iguanas and gekkos walking around the grounds was pretty neat... They run around like squirrels do back home! The woman at the fruit smoothee bar is great! I suggest ordering the "palma, and adding kiwi" We enjoyed the breakfast buffet with the fresh fruit. Most of the time we were at the snack bar for lunch, and yes burgers and dogs got a little old by the end... I was not crazy about the dinner buffets, (I confess a few nights I had stolen some cereal boxes from breakfast and just had that... ) also the fresh pasta made to order helped, as did breaking it up with the other restaurants. The mexican one was good, and the special coffee was great. The italian restaurant was VERY good. We also treated ourselves to the moonlit lobster dinner and that was good. We had no problem getting dinner reservations, and I would suggest making your reservations for the week the morning after you get there... The beach was spectacular and there were more than enough chairs for everyone. The water was great, and while we heard some others talk of jelly fish, we did not see any ourselves. The entertainment at night was ok... rather corny, but they are playing to a wide audience. This was meant to be our "vacation to sit on the beach and relax and do nothing" and that was what we did. We had 6 days of great weather... So other than the food and a few bugs... we were pleased.

Reviewed 15 March 2004

Just returned from the Allegro, spent a week there from th 6th of March till the 13th. I would not give it a 4 1/2 star as our tour book stated. The top problem would be the smell of the sewer. It is nausating! It could be overwhelming at times, especially trying to watch the shows at night by the stage. Our room was in the 1300 section which is the side you want to be on to eliminate the sewer odor. We stayed on one of the upper level rooms, which is nice but the you can hear from the people next to you, heaven forbid if your TV is too loud or you talk to loud! or if you don't like cigarette smoke! The staff is friendly and were accommodating to our requests. The grounds are immaculate and clean and beautiful.The rooms other than the sound thing were clean and fine. I think we lucked out with our room, we had no problems. The beach is great too, not too much to see snorkeling like the book boast abouts, take a tour, much better! The food, well it was not great, my partner will eat anything but there was just not alot of variety for me to eat. Breakfast buffet was great! Plenty of fresh fruit, fresh eggs and bacon and pancakes and stuff, breakfast there was something for everyone. Lunches and dinners at the buffet were disappointing. Dinner especially, long line ups at the buffet and not much food choice, in my opinion, but I tend to be on the picky side for certain things. I did not go hungry and did find something to eat. The was always the snack bar for lunch which served your basic burgers, hot dogs and fries along with nachos and always some type of fried fish.
Great for kids. This place was over run with families, so if your looking for something quieter, this isn't the place. There was a fresh fruit bar where you could order great fruit drinks and fruit. Only from 12 noon till 2 pm. The night life was fairly quiet, the activities staff did put on some fairly good entertainment, the night life was next to nothing and the Fast Eddies bar for later at night is so smokey you cannot sit there. One of the better things was the tea time from 4 -5 daily on the upper level of the front desk by the buffet. They served great speciality coffees! It is their best kept secret. We could only get into the Italian restaurant for one night, that was dissappointing also, most of our group had cold dinners, the dessert and cappicino coffees did make up for that. In the end our group did have a good time but for the price we paid and for the rating, it was disappointing!

A TripAdvisor Member
Oshawa Ontario Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2004

After reading the reveiws beforemy husband and I went to this resort we were a little nervous! good thing we took them with a grain of salt. Most bad reviews came from the states!! The grounds were beautiful clean and always being attended to. As for the septic smell, it was not over powering and was evident only sometimes. The food was always excellent lots of it and very fresh. The rooms were clean average size, unless you plan on spending all your time in your room they were great. The staff were always friendly even when they didn't speak english they tried to help you. the beach was clean the snorkling was wonderful and the entertainment was great!! the staff work 12 hours a day and are always cheerful. Maybe some people just expect far to much from a very small and pretty island!!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member