I'm a little overdue, but think about writing this review everyday because the Allegro Cozumel is still on my mind! We went in August for 10 days, and once again - had our best trip ever to our favorite place. We have stayed here about 7 times over the last 15 years, and this was by far the best. They have done so many upgrades, us regulars can clearly see major differences. (To start off --- we are low maintenance, and we want a good beach. And in Cozumel, there is no better beach than this. But we are also not expecting to pay cheap prices and then get disappointed that we aren't staying at the fanciest place on earth. You are on an ISLAND, you are off the grid.)
BEACH - can't get better. Beautiful, calm, always plenty of chairs and space, water is perfect. Beach is clean. We had friends who were in Playa del Carmen the same week we were, and they couldn't sit at the beach because there was too much seaweed. But the time we reached the beach each day - we never saw any of it. The crew works really hard to keep the beach pristine and nice. This is a smooth white sandy beach, water is bathtub warm, clear and calm. Not rocky at all - absolutely gorgeous.
ROOMS - much nicer than before. Showers were nicer, best room we have stayed in during all of our visits.
FOOD - breakfast has always been great and still is, and love that they added a small little juice bar. Omlette line is worth waiting for. Lunch is the same - nothing super fancy, but chicken sandwiches and burgers, and the chips + pick & guacamole are still our favorite. But now they have an ice cream machine --- and there is something incredible about this soft serve, and literally ate so much because it was so great. Dinner (buffet) very much improved and food was good. Some nights, the resort was busier than others so we did have to deal with some lines waiting to be seated at the buffet. BUT - you could always get a drink while you're waiting. OR -- one new thing they put out are disposable plates/cups, etc. so if you didn't want to wait in line --- grab a plate, fill it up, and leave! Loved having that option. Took our food to our room one night. Love that they had a little pasta station every night, which kept my picky teenager very happy. And the homemade ice cream - again, sometimes a line to scoop it out but definitely worth it! Dinner (restaurant) -- the new Japanese steakhouse was great! Great show, great fun, great food! Great addition to the resort.
DRINKS - if your drinks aren't strong enough, get two! It's all-inclusive, and so I can't stand when people complain that their drinks aren't strong enough. Get a margarita with a shot of tequila on the side. Or ask for more liquor. The staff will accommodate you.
POOLS - pools were cleaner than they have ever been. I'm sure it's hard to keep these clean because people go from the ocean to the beach to the pool. But pool was clean - we just didn't spend much time there because we were in MEXICO so we wanted to be on the beach.
WEATHER - we had great weather, but we did get hit with a tropical storm that did keep us inside for 1.5 days. But the resort now has wifi (you have to pay for it) but it was strong enough and worked just fine. But the next day, they had double the staff cleaning up the beach. Very hard workers.
This resort allows you to truly feel like you are in paradise and you can be completely off the grid if you want to be. Very relaxing. This is NOT the resort for you, if you want to party all night (place quiets down pretty early) and this is NOT the resort for you if you just want to hang in your room. But if you want to sit on the beach, relax, swim in the ocean, eat some food, decompress, and get away from craziness - this is the place.
In all --- this was the best trip we've had here. Great staff, great upgrades, great service and it was a great price. We had a great time and we are so thankful to the staff for keeping us happy and comfortable and safe, and can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive