“Better than expected, our third trip to the Allegro.”
Review of Allegro Cozumel

Allegro Cozumel
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Let me first say I will try to be helpfull in this review.
We visited the Allegro in July 2008 when First Choice took over and there were some not so good changes, we still had fun though. I booked this trip really cheap not knowing what to expect, I did know First Choice(UK) was gone though. Our kids 9 and 12 loved the beach here and the kids pool, they did not like the Iberostar we went to last year.
I was very impressed with the some of the recent changes and we enjoyed our stay and will return. I will list some of the pros and cons however the pros outweigh the cons by a long shot.
Pros-
As of two weeks ago the beach bar is open form 10:00am to 10:00pm-awesome.
Food was good on the buffets, we ate there three nights, I had steak, shrimp, ribs, chicken wings, roast beef, and some pork that was really good, there was also some stuff that was not good but don't eat it. I always found something good, the food was fresh and hot.
Best food was at lunch I thought, fresh fish, steak, fajitas.
The buffet has an air conditioned room that always had room and was very cold for dinner.
The omelette cook at the breakfast buffet made me egg white omelettes every morning at my request.
Beach was awesome as usual.
Rooms and grounds clean and nice.
Kids pool with slides was nice
Front lobby staff, very nice and helpfull, they even had our names in the dailey newsletter welcoming us back.
Nice fire show on the beach one night at the hotel.
Bartenders are good except one, can not remember his name.
Nice lighted walkways and music playing throughout the resort.
Cab ride is 180 pesos or $15USD to downtown.
We got a late checkout at 3:00, it cost $10 per hour if anyones interested in that.

Cons-
Its a buffet and the wait staff is understaffed, I would recommend getting your own drinks just like you would if you were at a buffet at home.
The rooms are small and the beds are firm, this should be nothing new to anyone that has stayed there.
If you are on the second floor the air is not real cold late in the evening but will be cold about 2:00am.
If you are a picky person and have to have someone wait on you hand and foot this is not your resort but if you do not mind getting your own drinks its a great deal and beautifull hotel with an awesome beach.
We could always find a palapa and chairs on the beach or pool anytime.

2  Thank mohunterTexas

Reviewed 21 June 2010

This is our third time back to the Allegro and we were not disappointed. We added three new certified divers to the family with nothing but praise for Chris, Vicky, Toro, Florian, and Michelle at Pro Dive Cozumel. Once again our "First Club Mexican Hosts" made us feel welcome and appreciated. Daniel and Madeleine run a great operation. Miguel, Karina, Jhonny, Jose, and Alejandro took great care of all twelve of us. We think of everyone here as part of our extended family and they respond in kind. Armin and Freddy are wonderful examples of associates who know how to please guests, and we appreciate their efforts. We love the "ease" of the property; with the diving, beach, and dining all in close proximity. Thank you a great time and cherished memories.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

A total of twelve of us arrived to Cozumel. This was the 2nd time around we had all gone to The Allegro as our annual family trip. This is by far our favorite place we have all been, largely due to the exceptional service, gracious staff, and assortment of activities available to please any age group. Although we knew what to expect as we have stayed at the Allegro before, we were once again blown away by the extraordinary customer service and individual attention we received. We are especially grateful to Madeline, Corina, Daniel, Freddy and Miguel for making our trip far better than we could have imagined. It is lasting relationships like these that really make us anticipate each and every trip to the Allegro. In addition, Johnny, Jose, and Alejandro gave us a lasting impression of the resort that will stay with us forever. All in all, a wonderful trip and experience.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank afalahee
Reviewed 18 June 2010

The only negative thing I have to say about this entire resort is that the beds were hard!! There is one mattress sitting on a cement block, we had to order extra blankets to lay on so we could sleep! Everything else was 5 star! The beach especially - one of the most beautiful beaches I have seen. If you have a choice opt for the Select area of the resort...private pool area, private beach area, free internet, and best of all private breakfasts served in 'a la carte' restaurant so you can watch the waves while enjoying coffee and juice and eating your eggs to order! We had been going to the buffet breakfast the first few mornings until we found this little option and never went back! Don't let the beds scare you from this amazing resort, I'll definitely go back regardless!

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TinaB10
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We stayed at the Allegro in 2006 for the first time. We were in a group of 21 people and ages from 6 to 70 and had a great time. There was always something to do for everyone from activities to just plain old relaxing. The staff was incredible and fun fun bartenders. When trying to decide where to go this year to celebrate my daughter's graduation we couldn't help but want to go back to the Allegro. We have just returned from our second trip there in a group of 15 family members and once again had a fabulous time. I could always find something I liked at meal times and the fish at lunch and dinner this trip was delicious. At check in time the staff was very accomodating by arranging a downstairs room for my mother and getting a refrigerator & crib for my son's family (love them for taking care of my family like that). We went to Chankanaab Park so five of the kids/teenagers could swim with the Dolphins. It is expensive but to hear them talk about the experience it was worth every penny. Bring water from room though as the concessions are outrageously expensive and be prepared to walk if going snokeling on the package deal. We were not expecting to have to walk like that and it was a long long journey through the sand for my 74 yr. old mother and for my son pushing a stroller. We made it though and the snorkeling was well worth it. We did find a store that sold water for $1.00 & other items at a reasonalbe price right by where the sea lion show is held. I do wish the resort still had Fast Eddies which was a disco style night club on the resort. It's now more like a sport's bar with no dance floor or fun music. We've decided next time we go back we are taking them a CD of fun music to ask for them to play. Do take bug spray as the bugs were out this time. I do not remember them being this bad back in 2006 but they are out and about in force. I did see them spraying the grounds but still had several bites on my legs, ankles, and feet. The beds are very firm but I had no trouble sleeping at all. Daniel is fantastic as the activities director for salsa dancing, pool/beach volleyball, etc. He has a smile that can never be forgotten. Freddy and Sergio at the swing bar are too much fun! Lots of good times and laughter took place with them. The scenery and beautifully kept grounds truly are breath taking and we will be going back again for sure very soon.

2  Thank trickyvicki2