Open today: 7:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Exceptional!

Such a fantastic time!!! I loved every second with Blue magic & their guides. I highly recommend... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Anne D
Raleigh, North Carolina
Great Dive shop

Great dive shop! Very accommodating! I stayed at the Cozumel Beach House resort which had a dock in... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
LightPacker213307
Ontario, California

Recommended experiences in and around Cozumel
from US$92.59
from US$215.00
from US$60.00
from US$52.25
More Info
All reviews dive shop dive master dive sites the reefs valet service open water course office staff night dive diving experience great diving fun dives advanced open water experienced divers boat captain padi certification marine life personal service
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2021

The last 8 weeks I spent in Cozumel doing my divemaster program at Blue Magic Scuba and I simply loved it. I started diving in 2017 and was already thinking about doing it for some years.

Here in Blue Magic Monica and Javier are in charge of the Divemaster program. They do have many years of experience, they are fun, attentive and excellent in teaching all their knowledge and skills.

The divemaster program consists of many different things: swim tests, different workshops like skill circuits, discover local diving, leading a reactivate course, doing dive briefings, search and recovery, assisting different courses (OWD, AOWD, Rescue, Discover Scuba, IDC course), buoyancy trainings, experience diving being "blind" and of course a lot of diving on the beautiful reefs in Cozumel and much much more. The last 2 months I spent literally every day in the ocean and I just fell in love even more with everything. Also all other employees from instructors to captains are super welcoming, helpful and last but not least - I really had a lot of fun and I walked there everyday super excited :) I did also improve my Spanish skills a lot as Javier and Monica really were trying to make me talk in Spanish as often as possible (thanks for that) and also were talking a lot in Spanish to me, so I could pick up all the diving vocabulary.

It is so awesome to see how much I improved my skills and knowledge in the last 8 weeks and how differently I also see diving now. I also met many other people here who did the program and made a lot of friends - I am super sad this time has passed so fast and that I will leave Cozumel in the next days - but I am pretty sure that I will come back and maybe even do the following course to become an instructor, which I can also highly recommend to anyone who is thinking about becoming an instructor.
Thanks again to everyone and especially Monica and Javier for this great experience - I'd always do it again! <3 hasta luego! :)

If you want to see more impressions of my experience you can find a video about the program on my Instagram: rafgoo

Date of experience: April 2021
Javi A, Manager at Blue Magic Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Hello Raphaela.

Thank you for your kind words.

In our divemaster program, we always try to help you become the best diver you can be. We share our experience, so you can use all of that in your future diving career.

Raphaela, you did a great job, and you will be an excellent instructor when you decide to become one. And YES, you can teach in Spanish.

We hope to dive with you again soon.

The Blue Magic team

Reviewed 7 June 2021

With a few friends we went to Cozumel to complete our PADI Open Water certification. We absolutely loved it!! The teachers are really great and there was a chill, nice vibe at the shop. Definitely recommended! Kind regards, Charlot

Date of experience: June 2021

Hello Charlot.

Thank you for your kind words. We always do our best to teach our new divers in an enjoyable and safe way, and we are very happy to hear you had a good time.

I hope we dive together in the future again.

The Blue Magic team.

Reviewed 3 June 2021

I went to Cozumel to complete my PADI Open Water Certificate requirements. I selected The Blue Magic Scuba dive shop from a list of 5 star Dive shops on the PADI site. I am very pleased with the Blue Magic PADI Dive Instructors. I was fortunate enough to have two fantastic instructors, Renala “Ren” and Scott. Both instructors had many years of dive instructor experience as well as hundreds of dives. First, we reviewed everything I had learned at home in my PADI class and my confined pool dive. Ren and Scott both stressed dive safety is the goal and diving enjoyment would be the benefit. I am very satisfied with Blue Magic Scuba and I will certainly book my next Cozumel dive with Blue Magic Scuba.

Bravo to everyone at Blue Magic Scuba A++

Joseph

Date of experience: May 2021
Javi A, Manager at Blue Magic Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Hello Joe.

Thank you for your kind words. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your course and liked our instructors. We always like to have excellent instructors that help new divers to be safe and fun. The safer we are, the more fun we will have. I will make sure that Renata and Scott read this review.

Welcome to the diving community. We hope to see you back soon.

The Blue Magic Team.

Reviewed 2 June 2021

I think the company is great for customers and short class divers.

My review is for the Dive Master program.

Honest review: Just ask more questions before signing up. I did not ask enough about the program i.e. dates, what flexible meant, how many boat dives are actually included etc. I had been researching different companies to do my Divemaster with and, since their website said unlimited boat dives, I chose Blue Magic.

Divemaster accommodation is available and included in the cost. There is no air conditioning in these rooms. 1 or 2 fans. I repeat: NO AIR CONDITIONING.

If I were to do this again I would have asked more questions regarding their definition of unlimited boat diving, flexibility on dates if friends visit, and ask more questions about what is expected of DiveMasters and what kind of fun do they have. How do they handle people with learning challenges such as extreme ADHD and what does it mean that the program can last longer if needed (i.e. does this cost money and how much). I just would have been more thorough.

I learned a lot while diving with Blue Magic but the website oversells what you’re actually getting. Over the course of the program itself I did 24 boat dives and the rest were shore dives from Tikila Beach Bar. This includes boat dives while assisting other courses. For fun dives themselves, I did 16 boat dives. That equates to 8 days on a boat for fun dives over the course of 4 weeks.

No organized events were made and as time continued, it was made apparent that if you weren’t going to invest in the instructor course or spend more money, you were not on their radar.

Date of experience: April 2021
Javi A, Manager at Blue Magic Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Hello Doni.

We are very sad to read your review. Not only because you are disappointed with your training but because it is full of lies and half-truths. Let’s go step by step:

- During your 6-week training (without counting your days off) you did a total of 58 dives. Boat fun dives: 30. Boat training dives: 6. Shore dives: 22. It is a good thing to have a log with all the divers that dive every day at our dive center. Even though the training takes priority over the fun dives, you did lots of fun diving from the boat. If you wanted to do more fun dives, maybe you should have chosen a fun dive package, not a divemaster course.

- Flexible means, for example, lending you equipment to go diving with another company to Cenotes without charge, organizing a trip to the Cenotes at special price for being training with us (we get nothing out of this trip so you can get a better price), take you to some refresher dives to get you comfortable in the water after 4 years without diving, doing some buoyancy dives (not required in any of the courses you were doing) because you requested them and wanted to be more comfortable; experiencing a blind dive, so you can feel how people with special needs feel underwater; not taking days off work, so you can keep training every day in order you have time enough to stay with your friend for 8 days in the middle of your training; even though you were not right, extending 8 days your training because you do not think you should have days off. Those are some examples of flexibility. Flexibility does not mean “Do whatever Doni wants or she will get very angry”,

- Our accommodation does not have air conditioning. We offer “simple accommodation” and if air conditioning is written in any of our emails or website, please let me know because that would be a mistake. Anyways, You could have said that the first day, not 8 weeks later, one week after you left the island and we could have find a solution.

- I am sorry you did not know what is expected of a divemaster. Probably is more about helping you becoming a good dive professional that fun diving and sun bathing. You are right on that, we will be more clear with future students. Again, I think a fun dives packages would fulfill better your expectations.

- You are right about fun. The concept of fun is not the same for everybody and I guess you do not share the fun 99% of our students share.

- About how handle people with extreme ADHD, I guess you think we do not treat them well enough. What I know is that you arrived being extremely afraid of diving and end up being an excellent diver. Maybe we did not do such a bad job. But if we did, a little of feedback would have been appreciated.

- We can extend the program for many reasons, illness, bad weather, high occupation, but not just because you want to.

- Your program was a 6 week program, not a 4 week program. You came to do Rescue, EFR and divemaster. That program take 6 weeks. I tried to explain that to you but obviously I was not able of making you understand.

- You are right. We did not organize events. That is our fault.

We are very surprised about your review because ONLY FOUR DAYS before leaving you sent me this message “Hi! Good afternoon Javi! I just realized I never mentioned the actual day I will be leaving Thursday afternoon. I believe the new date with the added 8 days was the 26th which is perfect but for the 24 hours of flying I wanted to let you know that I will be flying Thursday afternoon. I really appreciate the that you worked with me both in the beginning when I had a mini panic attack as well as listened to me when I came to you with questions. I know how busy you are every day and want to express my sincere gratitude for your help”. You sent this the same day to the other instructor in charge of your training: “Hi! Good afternoon Monica! I just realized I never mentioned the actual day I will be leaving Thursday afternoon. I believe the new date with the added 8 days was the 26th which is perfect but for the 24 hours of flying I wanted to let you know that I will be flying Thursday afternoon. I really appreciate the extra work you have done with me on buoyancy and I watched a couple videos you took which really helped my confidence. I would still live to sit down with you over a beer or coffee and star a couple websites for you.”. I guess your change opinions very fast.

You say the people should check carefully what we offer. I agree with you, everybody should do that. You say, or imply, that we overpromise and under deliver. We are known exactly for the opposite. Our impression is that you are disappointed because we could not take you diving with the rest of the divemaster trainees in your last day in Cozumel and you forget all the rest.

We think you are being very unfair to us.

I hope I answered some of your question and this could be of help to future divemasters in training.

We wish you the best of lucks.

Javier Agudo. Manager.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

Came to Cozumel for my Open Water & Advanced Certification. Blue Magic Scuba is the way to go !!! Amazing Staff, Professional, Kind, Happy People.
I am truly Blessed to have chosen this school.
I recommend 100% .

Roy B.

Date of experience: May 2021
Javi A, Manager at Blue Magic Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Hello Rob.

Thank you for your kind words. We are really happy you became a member of the diving community with our help. We hope we can dive together again in the future and you enjoy your new passion for many years.

Happy Bubbles.