Playa Azul(Cozumel)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$175
US$158
Beds Friends Hostel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$26
Hostelworld.com
  • Restaurant
Villas Las Anclas(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$75
  • Pool
Casita de Maya(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$41
Hotels.com
Coral Reef Inn(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$55
The Explorean Cozumel(Cozumel)
US$250
US$210
Priceline
Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$564
US$419
Cancelon
1,266 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetcity viewthe breakfast areasmall poolcentral locationwithin walking distancean ocean view roomrecommend casarestaurants and shoppingferry pieromeletevery morningyogurtdefinitely stay here againocean frontdive triptown square
Reviewed 17 May 2011

If clean is most important to you Casa Mexicana is the place. I have never stayed in a cleaner hotel in Mexico. Didn't have much of a view but everything else made up the difference. Oh yea, the stay came with a wonderful breakfast buffet every day. It was not a lame buffet. It was very good. If I travel to Cozumel again I will stay at Casa Mexicana again.

Room Tip: Book you stay through Aqua Safari Cozumel Mexico r
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank queentriggerfish
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We stayed 13 nights at Casa Mexicana. They exceeded all our expectations and then some. Very clean, wonderful breakfast buffet including smoked salmon, staff all helpful and kind, and would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend them. We had some problems with the room key but they made up for it by transferring us into a full ocean view room which was fabulous at no extra charge. They bent over backwards to cater to guests. It is also very centrally located. Views fabulous. You think you are on a ship because of the extraordinary architecture. To see pictures go to AudreyroseCool and Linda Craig Francisco wall on Facebook.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I spent the last week in Casa Mexicana while diving with Advanced Divers. I have traveled to Cozumel for many years and even though this hotel is familiar I had not stayed here previous to this trip.
My experience could not have been better. My choice of room when booking was in the rear, facing town and I was given a room on the 4th floor. The room was comfortable, clean and quite. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have had in Cozumel.
Escalator from the street level accesses the hotel lobby and the floors are served by an elevator so there is no problem getting dive gear in and out of the hotel each day. I needed a Taxi each day to get to the Calleta and the Taxi line is right across the street from the hotel lobby and the Taxi was always there waiting.
The buffet breakfast is very satisfactory. They have typical Mexican breakfast dishes but they will cook you eggs, French toast bacon and many other items, as you desire. The fruit service is of large variety and there are always homemade breads.
Coffee to go was available in the lobby each morning when I woke up well prior to breakfast being served.
If I had to come up with one complaint it would be that the lobby bar is seldom staffed. This is not a big problem since you can go down the escalator turn right and in ½ block find several places to buy a couple of beers or bottles of water. The room has a small refrigerator so just stock up with what you need and don’t worry about the lobby bar. There is a bottle opener in the bathroom so buy what you want.
This will be my home base in Cozumel from now on.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank fishpictures
Reviewed 29 April 2011

After a three night stay I would return to this business style hotel despite a few minor inconveniences.

This small four story hotel was spotless which is always my first consideration when booking any hotel advertising under $100/night. I was able to upgrade to an ocean view room upon arrival for an additional $28/night. Rooms were spacious with a small bar fridge and a grocery store 3 blocks away.

Regarding reservations, despite phoning directly to confirm the day before, upon arrival they tried to convince me that I had booked 7 nights not 3, and had to honor the booking! Thank goodness, I had both my email confirmation from the hotel and the name of the person that my partner had confirmed the reservation with, in spanish, the day before! They subsequently also asked me to sign a blank credit card slip for additional charges, which of course I would not. Aside from these difficulties and that the front desk staff were completely useless in advising as to attractions, location of certain restaurants very close by, or make any recommendations about where was best to buy certain items, the hotel was a good deal for the price paid!

I would stay again when in cozumel

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank beacontide
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We have stayed in many hotels throughout the years and can honestly say this was by far our best experience. We spent 30 days at Casa Mexicana and had an ocean view room. We had an incredible experience with absolutely no complaints. We found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful, cleanliness was impeccable, breakfast was great. We were never bothered by noise, even during Carnival. Ocean view balcony was fantastic and we spent many hours lounging on the balcony. Will most definitely return!!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms more expensive but well worth it
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple