“Excellent breakfast”

Price range: US$3 - US$25
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: For food lovers looking for creative Mexican and Caribbean using local and the freshest of ingredients. This restaurant puts out some of the best plates on Isla Mujeres. We also have lots of vegan and gluten free options. Stop by and taste the difference everyday 8am-11pm .Smiling faces await to serve you!
Reviewed 12 December 2020 via mobile

My husband and I ate breakfast here and left full and satisfied. We both ordered the stuffed French toast which was amazing. I ordered a mimosa with my breakfast and was brought 2. I was told it was 2 for 1, which was really nice because I didn’t have a clue. Only negative is that it’s a little pricey. Would definitely recommend for breakfast!

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (2,180)

Reviewed 10 December 2020

Great tres leches french toast (that lacks enough sauce) BUT
So many problems:

1) They check your temp and give you hand santizer but yet the same server wears his mask below his nose and will not fix it even if you ask!

2) Sign out front says cash only but that is a LIE

3) Outdated online menus have lower prices. That is THEIR responisbility to fix that

4) Paying with card makes you pay an extra 5-8% ( I forget specifically), which in most countries is illegal

5) 2nd time I went I was given the WRONG dish and the guy swore up and down it was what I ordered despite having the EXACT SAME INGREDIENTS, SAUCE (cinnamon roll!) AND SIDE DISH as the more pricey item he served me! It was too sweet and also cakey. I ordered oatmeal pancakes, which dont even come with fruit. He said ""That's just how it is!" And refused to lower my bill to reflect the fact that he screwed up my order. "Why you didnt tell me when you got it??" Hmm... perhaps I was famished and didnt feel like waiting an extra 20 mins or wasting food! Actually I had a flight in Cancun to catch and couldnt afford missing it for my proper order. And also I hate wasting food. This is the same guy who said "I wear it like that" when I mentioned his face mask is too low. I suspect a few people now have COVID because of him.

Reviewed 7 December 2020

We had a wonderful meal at Lola Valentina! I had their sea bass with poblano sauce, and my husband had the grilled sea bass. The portions were large, the sea bass was cooked perfectly, the sauces were delicious and the drinks were on point. Our server was polite and professional. It was raining so we had to sit inside, but it was still fun to people watch as everyone was trying to dodge the rain. It was one of our top two meals in Isla.

Reviewed 5 December 2020 via mobile

Expensive. When the seafood omelette was available it was worth the cost. Now that it’s off the menu not so much. I had a yogurt, granola fruit bowl which was very good.

Reviewed 25 November 2020

This was a short walk from our hotel the MIA Reef and it was very good. The staff spoke excellent English which is very helpful to us as we don’t speak Spanish. It was also very affordable.