“Wonderful Restaurant!”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had dinner at Casa Havana Café tonight and ordered the fish Havana style. Everything was cooked perfectly, the fish was outstanding. The variety of food served on the plate was unexpected and it was all delicious! I would come back just for the salad alone! Victor and his ladies do a great job on serving, presentation and welcoming all to this restaurant which actually feels like you are in his home. Make sure you come hungry...the portions are huge! BTW he makes a very fine mojito!

3  Thank Seashell01

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We visited Casa Havana the week of October14. We went for dinner at sunset and saw the most beatiful moonrise over the Caribbean. I ordered the Cuban Sandwich (Victor Style) My husband ordered the Shrimp Creole. My Sandwich was served on wonderful fresh bread with a nice flakey crust. It was HUGE and we had to take half of it back to our hotel. The Shrimp Creole was some of the best I've ever had. And that's from a girl that's spent her fair share of time eating in south Louisiana. Victor made us possibly the best mojitos we've had on the island. It was a great dinner and the views over the Caribbean were breathtaking. Prices were extremely reasonable.

3  Thank aggiemom07
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I must say, the mojito here was the best drink!! Fresh sugar, fresh mint & lime....I wish I had more time to go get another! We got the Cuban sandwich and with all the sides, it was plenty for 2 people to share.

1  Thank diana1070
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Our meal last evening at Casa Havana was outstanding. We both had the Fish Havana style, grilled with onions and it was tender, flaky and perfectly seasoned. The accompanying rice and beans were also flavorful and a nice crisp salad with pineapple was a perfect compliment.The plantains were also quite good. Our mojitos were tasty, not overly sweet but just enough sugar. Victor was his usual gracious self and I love walking through and being able to greet the cooks. Dining at Casa Havana is a delightful experience.

1  Thank Kathy E
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Casa Havana Cafe is inconspicuous, but not hard to find. You can approach either via the seawalk, a few hundred yards south of Hotel Rocamar or by going south on Juarez street. Then it is on your left a little before you get to the naval academy, on the outskirts of town, but really just a five minute walk from the main square. Don't get intimidated by the humble surroundings.
Food is very tasty and portions large. You can see the waves crashing outside, but you are safely high up. Mojitos are large and not too sugary. I had liver with onion; not so easy to find in tropical tourist towns, and it was very, very good. You can order in English.

1  Thank ErikE878