All reviews rita and jan social hour jacuzzi tub every morning perfect hosts quiet street other guests rooms are spacious welcome drink cooking class helped us plan rental car stayed two nights private terrace amazing hotel every evening delicious breakfast
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I visit the Yucatan at least once a year and relax on the beautiful beaches, but I also love to visit Merida for all of the history and culture. This time we decided to take a Yucatanian cooking class. There are many classes offered in Merida. This one was a little tougher to book online than some of the others ( you need to email or call the hotel), but I am so glad that we chose this class. It is a beautiful little boutique hotel with 6 rooms, but they offer so many services. I can’t wait to go spend a few nights there! As far as the cooking class goes it was extremely well priced ($44 per person) and it was a private class for our group of four. We went to the Santiago market which was a beautiful and clean market, where our teacher left us try some wonderful pork tacos and any fruit or vegetable we wanted. He also explained why everything was and how it was used. We watched them make and bought fresh tortillas and some mixed masa so we could make our own later. We bought everything needed for the meal we were about to cook at the market. We then walked back to the hotel and began cooking traditional Yucatan dishes. Our Chefs/Teachers Oscar and Sam were great. These two guys are young but they definitely know cooking and seemed to love sharing about the local food and culture. The entire hotel staff was so friendly! This was a great way to spend half a day. If you are in Merida go do this. P.S. The food was amazing!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had a fabulous experience at Merida Santiago! The hotel is peaceful, beautiful and private. On occasion, an iguana would stop by to make us feel welcome. Rita and Jan are great hosts and the staff is amazing. They all went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The pool is also a refreshing respite from the hot summer sun! Kudos to Oscar and Samuel who hosted our cooking class. And a special shout-out to Ana, who arranged all our taxis and was always ready to offer us a cool drink. And a toast to Luis, who wowed us with his late night margarita skills. We will recommend Merida Santiago highly to all our friends and family!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Rita and Jan are awesome, and not only that, but the property is awesome, and the attention to detail is incredible. The food is great as well. I really enjoyed my stay, and so did my family.

The staff is awesome as well, kudos to the chef and as I said Rita and Jan are awesome, they develop a full itinerary for us, to make sure we had as much fun as possible in Merida.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

The rooms have been aesthetically designed and are spacious and the attached bathrooms are large. If there was one thing we would suggest they add are kettles in the room so we can make our own tea/coffee. However, to be fair we always managed get a pot of hot water on request to make our tea.
The breakfast was probably the best we had in any hotel in Mexico and I loved the Yucatan touch to the breakfast. Between 6.30 and 7.30 pm there was special (happy) hour for guests but unfortunately we could not attend at that time over the 2 days we stayed here.
I had lunch on one of the days and the food and the presentation of the food was very good.
Besides this the service was outstanding-helpful, friendly, smiling and always positive in trying to make a difference.
I had asked to arrange a walking tour of the town centre and the English speaking guide arranged was very good.
We had driven to Merida so the hotel’s closed parking was a positive.
The hotel is reasonably well located and a short 15 minute walk from the town centre
Recommended.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2018

What a lucky find! This little hotel was the perfect place for a relaxing getaway. Loved the staff! Everyone was so cheerful, friendly and helpful, and the meals we had were so fresh and tasty. We hated leaving. I would highly recommend staying at the Merida Santiago while visiting this beautiful city.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple