9 people are viewing this hotel
Official Site
US$127
US$127
Free cancellation until 14/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$224
US$104
SAVE US$120
Free cancellation until 12/03/21
eDreamsUS$127
Hotels.comUS$127
CheapTicketsUS$224
All reviews rooftop pool el tigre diamond members continental breakfast two blocks cozumel ferry ado bus station amazing hotel tequila bar fifth avenue one bedroom suite rooms are beautiful beach club an upgrade nachos the entire staff our waiter
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When I say hidden gem - I mean it. This ultra modern hotel is located just steps away from the ocean and the ferry port (for me it was always a big plus, as I love to spend time in Cozumel). The design of the hotel is ultra chic and all staff encountered will blow your mind with their kindness and willingness to assist with whatever you may need.

I have been coming to "The Fives" for the past 6 month - all in all I have made it my home away from home seven times. As a Hilton Honors member and Team Member I have been ungraded to beautiful rooms.

The Rooftop terrace and Swimming pool have been my little sanctuary, when I am not going on excursions or freediving. The View from the pool is just stunning, especially at night - if you want to find peace - this is the pace to go. During the summer and even now I was the only one in the pool - having this gigantic pool all to yourself is just priceless.

All food at "The Fives" is super delicious. For Breakfast I would usually opt for Fruit and at times some sort of egg dish (the vegetarian omelet, which they served in the summer was my favorite). Arturo usually works in the morning and has been my favorite server - he is super nice and the meal you order is served swiftly. Now - my absolute favorite when it comes to food at "The Fives" will always be the tuna tostadas at the pool (especially when Pricilla is on duty at the pool) - every time when I visit, I have to have it. As I have some strange requests at times - Chef Gonzalo is very accommodating and just a wonderful person, and as I don't eat meat and have some acid problems, he always tries to whip up something I will enjoy. Last night I had a passion fruit margarita at El Tigre - the bar that is located right across from the front desk - I ordered it blended and with a hint of tajin - yummy doesn't even describe it.

Last but not least - the person that makes every stay most amazing is Liv - I feel, that she is the heart of the operation. Anything you need she will take care of it. Liv is in charge of room - because of her I choose to return to "The Fives". Her warmth, professional demeanor and fun personality make every one of my stays memorable and makes me feel like, that I am the most important person in the world.

Thank you to everyone else at the hotel that I did not mention. I am certain, I will return.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Laura Morales, Atención al huésped/Recepción at The Fives Downtown Hotel & Residences, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mmooni,

Thank you for your amazing review and kind words, we appreciate the time taken to share your experiences. We are delighted to know you had an amazing All Senses experience stay with us and consider The Fives Downtown Hotel and Residences to be worthy of a five star review. Our goal is to provide our guests with world class accommodations and a unique vacation experience, so we are very happy knowing that you thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with us and that our team went the extra mile and having such a positive impact on your vacation experience. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Management team

Reviewed 26 January 2021

My family and I stayed for over 2 weeks at the Fives Downtown. This hotel is fantastic. The location is ideal to visit Playa Del Carmen and the beach is a 2 minutes walk. Our one bedroom suite was beautiful. Enough space and decor is nice. Impeccable room.
The pools and jacuzzi and the rooftop are breathtaking! Food and drinks are top top quality. This hotel is quaint and posh. But this hotel would not be such a success if it was not for the outstanding team that works there. On the rooftop, we want to say many many thanks to the kindness and patience of Edgar, Luis, beautiful Jazmin, Roussel, Ivan and the newbie Jimmy. We were crying when we left the hotel because we felt like we were leaving family.
I've had the privilege to meet and discuss a bit with the hotel director, Mr Sykes. You can see why this hotel is such a success. He's a very competent and effective director.
We rebooked again for january 2022. Cannot wait to go back:):)

Date of stay: December 2020
Laura Morales, Atención al huésped/Recepción at The Fives Downtown Hotel & Residences, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear MeTrem,

On behalf of us all, staff and Management, at The Fives Downtown Hotel and Residences, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences related to your recent stay with us. It is a great honor to learn the details that had exceeded your expectations and we are thrilled to know that you received an amazing service from our friendly staff including our Hotel Director.
We are sure your review will be helpful to many people with future travels to visit us and make the right choice. We thank you for making The Fives Downtown your boutique hotel of choice and we look forward to the opportunity to serve your future travel needs.

The Fives Downtown Hotel and Residences, Curio Collection by Hilton

Reviewed 25 January 2021

We enjoyed our stay at The Fives as it is centrally located & LUIS our waiter at the roof top restaurant was OUTSTANDING and had awesome recommendations. We were close to all Playa Del Carmen night life including but not limited to restaurants - bars - lounges and souvenir shops - Will come back again forsure!!!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laura Morales, Atención al huésped/Recepción at The Fives Downtown Hotel & Residences, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2021

Dear DonOmie,

Thank you very much for your taking the time to share with our TripAdvisor readers your lovely comments about your experience in The Fives Downtown Hotel & Residences. We are glad to see how you much enjoyed the privileged location our hotel is in and the service of our waiter Luis. Please know we will be looking forward your next visit.

Reviewed 25 January 2021

The rooms are beautiful- nicely decorated. The food options are plentiful. The staff is marvelous!! Luis Raul - Victoria - Pada! The customer service is wonderful. The roof top is a must. I love the infinity pool.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank F3238VUkimr
Laura Morales, Atención al huésped/Recepción at The Fives Downtown Hotel & Residences, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2021

Dear F3238VUkimr,

We really appreciate taking the time to share your kind review about your recent stay with us. We always strive for delivering excellent service and your positive evaluation motivates us to continue doing our best to look after our valuable guests.
We truly hope you will have many more opportunities to stay with us as we look forward to welcoming you again in The Fives Downtown Hotel & Residences for another unforgettable stay in Playa del Carmen!

Reviewed 24 January 2021

How to pamper yourself out from the fuzzy Playa del Carmen center. Nice comfy room , with a huge shower , magnificent pool on the roof where you can enjoy a meal a snack or a drink facing the sea. And the staff very nice and not to pushy, looking at you so you feel comfortable and enjoying your stay with them. I stayed 10 nights with them and every morning I opened the restaurant for the breakfast and the waiters , Arturo and Sergio, knew what I wanted, so it was an excellent star for my diving day. Ok the AC was not easy to settle, too cold or not working .
But worth it staying there. Every room is a covid-free package of gel , anti mosquito and wipes for guest.
The only negative point it’s the refund of the pre card deposit is very long to get backed.

Dear chris c,

Thank you for sharing your kind review on Tripadvisor. We're delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience during your recent stay. Your message will be sent directly to our team members to congratulate them for going above and beyond. Thank you for giving a special mention to our hygiene & safety measures as at The Fives Hotels & Residences we truly care for the wellbeing and protection of our guests and team members.
As for your deposit, we are glad to be already in contact with you to follow up. We look forward seeing you again at our beautiful property.

The Fives Beach Hotel & Residences