Went to Royal Hideaway for a friends wedding weekend. Overall, an amazing trip and a great resort that I would recommend to anyone seeking a quiet, relaxing all-inclusive resort with a fantastic staff and a gorgeous beach. I'll break down the pros and cons.
- Guests are greeted by Bellhop who escorts you into lobby and brings you a hot towel and a glass of champagne.
-Incredibly accommodating and friendly staff. In particular,Alex, the Activities Director, who served ice cream from a cart poolside and greeted everyone with a smile and suggestion of activities for the day. (I recommend Ocean Kayaking.)
- Hotel grounds, restaurants and rooms are immaculate
- Sumptuous bathrooms with jacuzzi tub, separate shower, marble vanity with double sinks
-Instead of one large hotel building, rooms are divided into three story villas, with about 12 rooms and a concierge for each villa.
-Beautiful, pristine white sand beach
- Two large pools, a smaller "quiet" pool, three hot tubs. Fantastic.
- All inclusive aspect makes it much easier to relax and not worry about having your wallet or how much anything costs. You can swill champagne and order room service guilt free!
- No kids, teenagers or anyone else loud or annoying. Except at the resort next door.
-Food is good, but not great. I would be inclined to call it "faux gourmet"
-Our room was located on the edge of the hotel property, overlooking a fence and a large black tarp hung in the hotel grounds next door.
- Pillows were very small. I expected king size pillows for the king size bed.
- The Dinner Show offered by the hotel is a second rate Cirque du Soleil meets a dance review. Not worth your time.
-Hotel grounds/landscaping feels a bit contrived. They have the feel of a Disney Hotel, not a 5 star resort. (Gazebo surrounded by man made pond.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico