Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$494
US$359
  • Beachfront
Residences El Faro(Playa del Carmen)
US$170
  • Pool
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$72
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$355
  • Breakfast included
The Carmen Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$160
US$149
US$508
US$427
  • Breakfast included
Xaman-ha 7016 Luxury Condominium(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$504
US$320
US$792
US$627
5,173 results
All reviewslas ventanasthe grilldinner reservationsallegria barvilla conciergespices restaurantclub royaledeck restaurantinfinity poolwalk in closetdinner theaterchef's tableother resortsour honeymoonall inclusive resortmake reservationspool service
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 3 September 2003

The Royal Hideaway is absolutely incredible. My husband and I just came back 3 days ago from our honeymoon and it was certainly a first class trip! The beach is the best along the whole coastline! The service is impeccable! We kept remarking that everyone was incredibly nice and hospitable and that in itself made the trip perfect! I have never been so pampered in all my life! Plus, the food is to die for! From Asian to Mexican cuisine, the Royal Hideaway has it all. I hated to leave and am dying to return as soon as possible!

When you leave you are already planning when you can return next! If you go anywhere you are certainly going to miss out on a wonderful and relaxing experience!

Guest_Experience_RH, Gerente at Royal Hideaway Playacar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again soon.

Vancouver, B.C.
Reviewed 1 September 2003

My husband and I thoroughly researched hotels in the Playa del Carmen area and had it narrowed down to the Royal Hideaway and another. The Royal Hideaway was quite a bit more than the other and we had to decide if we wanted to spend the extra money. Because it was our honeymoon, we decided to splurge! Well, the Royal Hideaway exceeded our expectations. We're both 28 and look young but we were treated exceptionally well. In fact, the majority of the couples at the resort looked to be of the same age as us. (This was August and peak honeymoon season) The food stands out for me. I'm a vegetarian who eats seafood and I had no trouble finding food for the 2 weeks I was there. We like eating nice food and we both thought the food was excellent. Our favourite restaurant was the Italian one, Palazzo. A close second choice was the international, Ventanas. The Grill restaurant, is right on the beach and has a beautiful view. (It also has a terrific chocolate mousse dessert!) It's very romantic, and has open sides where a breeze comes in. The beach in front of the hotel is absolutely gorgeous and never crowded. We loved how close the hotel is to the town of Playa del Carmen. We walked into town with no problems. The personal service we received at the hotel was amazing. We never had to wait for anything! We booked both our excursions through the travel agent in the hotel. The first was Chichen Itza VIP tour and it was well worth the long (3 hour) bus drive. The second was a Tulum/Xel-Ha excursion, also a wonderful day. Xel-Ha was a lot of fun and your price includes snorkel gear, life vest, fins, a locker, towels to use and food and drinks. We were a bit worried about weather because Cancun often has forecasts of rain in August. In our 14 days there (August 10-24) it only rained a few times for literally five minutes! Then the sun would come out again. One day it was stormy all day but we were still able to take the ferry over to Cozumel and shop! All in all, if you can afford it the Royal Hideaway is the place to go. You just can't go wrong!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 30 August 2003

I have been to the Cancun region 3 times and are trip to the Royal Hideaway was my fourth but my first staying at the Royal Hideaway. I always come back to the area for the beautiful white sand beaches and turqoise water! We were on our honeymoon so we wanted to choose a special place. We were not disapointed!!!

The Royal Hideaway was an exceptional property with top notch service, food, amenities, grounds and of course the beach. The food was truly amazing with a large variety to choose from. Some of my fravorites were the Filet Mignon Steak at Ventanas and the Kahlua/Espresso Creme Brule at Azia. The restaurants service is what you would find at any top notch restaurant in North America. Live music was a nice treat in all of the restaurants as well.

The Allegria Bar is a perfect spot for pre dinner drinks and it is worth taking advantage of the high tea that is served every day between 4:00pm - 6:00pm outside of the main dinning room (tasty sandwiches).

The rooms are well appointed with large bathrooms and marble floors.
The maid service comes by twice a day with fresh towels. The balconies are generous in size.

The property is quite an oasis. I always felt very relaxed when I came back to the hotel from a day out on an excersion. The property had a feeling as though you were in your own little paradise with running water streams, small pools throughout the property and swaying palm trees.

The staff are obviously well trained. I found everyone (although I think the front desk staff could be improved) polite, helpful and friendly.

In conclusion, although you are paying quite a bit more to stay here than all the other resorts, you will not be disapointed. Be prepared to see many couples and very few families or partiers. Be prepared to be pampered!

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 28 August 2003

My husband and I stayed at the Royal Hideaway August 18 - 25, we were married there on August 22. Truly an experience of a lifetime. All of the positive things you have read about this resort are true - it is lovely, the food is outstanding, the staff is incredibly friendly and service oriented, the beach is beautiful - one of the cleanest and nicest in the area known as Playacar where many of the AI's are located. We were treated so well - our wedding went off without a hitch and our pictures are incredible. (Also - we ate breakfast at Spices buffet every morning and never waited, literally, more than 2 minutes to be seated, so I guess it's all in when you get there, you know?)

We loved that this resort was on the smaller side - only 200 rooms as opposed to 1000+ at many of the other AI resorts in the same area. Made for a more intimate, friendly atmosphere.

The beach food and drink service was great .. always a waiter or two making rounds, asking you if you need anything. Never a wait for chairs at pool or beach, or a cabana/tent that a beach staff member sets up for you if you need some shade on the beach.

Lovely architecture ... impeccably maintained grounds. Loved the private relaxation pools and jacuzzis scattered around the resort...

Truly an outstanding, beautiful resort. One note ... our ground floor room did seem a little damp to me - (not shocking, given the tropical, humid climate the resort is located in) .. I asked for a dehumidifier for my room, it was supplied immediately - problem solved.

We will definitely go back. This resort is worth the extra dollars ...
the ala carte, great food - the beach food and drink service, the concierge in every villa .. I could go on and on (but won't). Plan your Royal Hideaway trip with no worries or reservations. It's fantastic.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 28 August 2003

My wife and I just got back from 5 wonderful days at the Royal Hideaway. If you are going to the Cancun area, and you want a relaxing vacation, don't go anywhere else. This is our second trip to Playa del Carmen. Last year, we stayed at the Riu Palace and had a great time at that great hotel. The RH makes the Palace look like a dump.Some examples: Customer service is amazing. Each villa (with 10-15 rooms) has its own concierge who can arrange just about anything you want. The staff is very friendly (and I think there's more staff than guests at the hotel). The food is excellent for an all-inclusive. No, it's not 5 star gourmet stuff, but it's better than a lot of restaurants I've visited over the years. Each dinner is off a menu--no buffets. The grounds are spacious, but not so big that it takes you 30 minutes to get to the beach. The rooms are great (the bathroom alone is worth the extra cash).Some review said you'd be treated badly if you were under 35. Absolutely not true. My wife and I are both 26 and were treated very nicely throughout our trip. Example: we checked in at 9:00 a.m. (6 hours before the supposed 3:00 p.m. check-in). Unlike the Riu, where we went to the restrooms to change into swimsuits to wait for our room, the RH put us right into a room. We asked for a second or third floor room, which they were easily able to accomplish. Overall, the whole experience was first-rate. We'll be going back.