Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$384
US$295
Bookit.com
US$725
US$518
Melia.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$508
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$540
US$508
  • Breakfast included
Residences El Faro(Playa del Carmen)
US$170
  • Pool
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$69
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

The Carmen Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$171
  • Breakfast included
Xaman-ha 7016 Luxury Condominium(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$792
US$665
Melia.com
14,590 results
All reviewsmeeting pointriviera sectioncupcake cafeadult sectionhacienda suitesavenue barle gourmetcorderofestival buffetgrand buffetpremium baritalian buffetselect clubswim up barkids clubelite poolfamily section
Reviewed 8 March 2017

We had a wonderful wedding week with 28 friends and family the end of February to beginning of March. 22 of us flew in together, with 6 more joining us within a day or two.

Check in:
Was fairly simple with a few glitches that were promptly rectified. For instance, my mom and I share the same last name and they almost gave her the wedding couple room. The front desk quickly figured it out and reassigned my mom to another room.

Room:
We, as the wedding couple, were upgraded to a beautiful room overlooking the adults only pool. The room was absolutely stunning with a sitting area, dining table, two bathrooms (both with showers), an indoor jacuzzi, a jacuzzi on the deck, and a bedroom which you could close off with two doubles pushed together to make a massive bed. There was champagne and fruit to greet us!

A few of our guests in our group required to move rooms and were accommodated quickly within a day.

Grounds:
The grounds are immaculate and well kept. It seemed that there was always a staff member working to clean, maintain or beautify the property. It is quite a walk from one end of the resort to the other but still a beautiful walk where you can greet the cats in the Cat Cafe, or the donkey and goat. There was plenty of wildlife to observe.

The Pools:
We spent more time on the beach than we did in the pools, but my daughter spent hours in both of the pools with her cousin and others in our group. We sat by the adults only pool late one afternoon and would have loved to have spent more time there, but with a combination of both children and adults this was difficult for us to do.

The Beach:
This truly is the most spectacular beach in Playacar. We spent much time at the beach and playing in the surf. It was windy quite a few of the days we were there but that just made the waves more fun.

The Food:
The food was for the most part was amazing. With such a large group of us, of course some were disappointed while others raved (during the same meal). Our favorite was the Brazilian and really enjoyed the French and the Steakhouse. We also ate at the Italian and the Asian. We did the buffet for breakfast and lunch and were impressed that everyone could find something they enjoyed. There is quite a wide variety of choices. Finally Chayita, the Mexican Grill had the best burritos. Everyone is still talking of these and wants to go back for more.

THE WEDDING:
What a perfect place to have a wedding. I could go on and on about the professionalism and the eye for detail that both Maria and Marisol displayed throughout the week. Maria greeted us at check in and arranged our appointment to finalize all of the details. The preparation work we had done via email in the months leading up to the wedding made this appointment quick and painless. They both went over all of our arrangements and made all of our appointments for us. By the day of the wedding everything exceeded my expectations by a long shot. The set up was perfect. They had everything timed down to a "T". All of the flowers, tables, beach front wedding alter was absolutely stunning. The food was amazing, the DJ fantastic. I was absolutely blown away. I would highly recommend Maria, Marisol and the rest of the staff at Sandos Playacar for a wedding.

Our entire group would

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank gilliebean75
Sandos_Playacar, Director General at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear guest,

While extending you a warm regard, I would like to deeply and sincerely thank you for the nice review you have written regarding your recent stay at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort.

We are very glad to know that you, your relatives and friends had a fabulous stay at Sandos Playacar and the wedding was a complete success in all aspects. Maria and Marisol are indeed two very committed individuals who put passion to their work and who are very dedicated to making sure that all weddings taking part in our hotel will be nothing but unforgettable for the people participai9ng in them, especially those getting married. I will personally thank them for their hard work.

Thanks particularly for such a nice and comprehensive review for your review will help many travelers to make up their mind regarding their next vacation destination.

We hope to have the honor to welcome you all back to your new home at the Mayan Riviera.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

I just can't say enough about this beautiful property and the wonderful employees. I should probably add that the Royal Elite benefits really are the icing on the cake. This is our 4th or 5th stay at Sandos Beach Resort and we've never been disappointed. Thank you Sandos for so many wonderful vacation memories!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanine D
Sandos_Playacar, Director General at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear guest,

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your recent trip to the Riviera Maya and all the services in our hotel.

We are very glad to see that you as a member of the Royal Elite Vacation Club enjoyed our services, facilities and the attention from our members.

We look forward to seeing you soon at Sandos Playacar, your home away from home.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

We were there for the February break for the Northeast and we had a wonderful time.
We had a room by the beach and loved it. We ate at the a la crate every night and Italian was our favorite. My son loved to play ping pong and pool every night by the mini golf.

I would go back on a heartbeat!!

We had monkeys on our balcony and one day saw a peacock. One day we rented bikes and drive into town, way ride.

I don't think it is necessary to upgrade, just my own opinion. The only negative is that the main pool bar was too busy and another bartender would be a great addition.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank PattiA693

Dear guest,

While extending you a warm regard on behalf of all our members, I would like to deeply and sincerely thank you for the nice review you have written regarding your recent stay at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and services. You can rest assured that we will keep up the good work.

Gerente General

Reviewed 7 March 2017

This beautiful resort sits on the soft white sands of the Caribbean Sea and it doesn't get any better than that. The resort boasts a huge selection of rooms and villas, with or w/o kids. The restuarants were really good (I'm used to NY/NJ food(best on earth), the buffets were good. The pools were all about 4'3' deep and very clean and well maintained. But the beach, the beach was perfect. The locals who worked there were very friendly and accommodating and gave me alot of great info on buying property in Mexico. we are definitely going again and again

Room Tip: all good rooms
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank EricMelanie

Dear guest,

We are glad to see that you enjoyed our fabulous beach, the attention from our staff members and our services.

We look forward to seeing you again at your new home away from home.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We stayed at Sandos Playacar Resort in the Adults Only Section in late February 2017 for 5 nights/6 days. There were 3 couples in total and we all had a great time. I did not want to come home. Our room overlooked the pool in the adult only section and it was perfect! Each day we would spend time at the beach (which also had a section for adults only) then head back to the adult pool for lunch and to hang out at the swim up bar. The lunch served by the pool was always fresh and very good. We ate at the Asian, Mexican, Italian, and the Steak House. All the restaurants were very good, the Asian and Italian were my favorite.
Each morning we worked out at the gym. I would have to say this was one of the best gyms I have encountered at a hotel/resort. We were able to get all our circuits in for our normal workouts, a little stuffy but it's Mexico and I will take 85 degrees and sunny over a Michigan winter :)
There is a walk to the beach from the adult section, it isn't as bad as people made it seem. It was a pretty walk in gorgeous weather I enjoyed it each day. Plus there are shuttles throughout the resort if you wanted to wait for one.
Our room was clean and it was nicer than I expected. I found it odd that out of the 2 couples that were in our group each of us had different things in our room. One couple received a small liquor bar, while another had a humidifier, bath robes, and champagne at check in. While my husband and I didn't really have anything like that left in our room. I just thought it was strange that all three rooms had different things at check in.
All the staff we encountered were always pleasant and very accommodating. Even the other guests we met were nice.
Our last full day there we scheduled the romantic couples massage package. What a way to end the vacation! Our 80 minute massage felt like 2 seconds! It was one of the best I've received! Very relaxing to wind down our last day.
All in all we had a fantastic time, and I would definitely go back to Sandos!!! Thank you for making my birthday a very memorable one!!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laura02261977

Dear guest,

We are very pleased to know that you had a fabulous time during your recent stay at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort.

We are very happy to see that you did the most of your vacation and left with the desire to return in the future.

Rest assured that we will not only keep up the good work, but that we will further improve our services.

We look forward to seeing you again at your new home away from home.