Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Sasha Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Portea Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel 52(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Grand Fifty Suites(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
The Reef Coco Beach(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
9,855 results
All reviewsroyal servicemolethe grillsouth bargabi clubla palapa restaurantyhi spadinner reservationsalfredobutler serviceguest servicesswim up suitebali bedsour honeymoonpool partypersonal butlerall inclusive resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The one thing I cannot stand about reviews or "reviewers" is that the opinions given are very strong, as if they are right and others are wrong. I just read a review or shall i say "some reviews" who feel as if other travelers complaints are not valid because they personally experienced a different vacation experience. Well guess what? everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and because someone personally did not experience a bad trip doesn't make someone else a liar or complainer. Just had to throw that out there for all readers reading this. You are likely to enjoy Paradisus very much. It is beautiful, and the service can be great depending on where you eat, or stay. I stayed here in February for a week. We had a good time, but there were some bumps, and service issues that the hotel has to get in order..

I also have noticed that most of the GREAT reviews have come from ones who either were "upgraded" (free) to Royal service or paid for the upgrade to royal service. I think it is a very BAD practice to make other travelers who did NOT pay for royal service feel as if their vacation could have been better if they were upgraded or paid for royal service. Paying almost $5,000.00 for a trip is not cheap whether your in royal service or not. I have to say I am disappointed that this hotel treats royal service guest better than the ones who paid the same price to stay at this resort (or nearly as much). I noticed this during our stay, that there is a difference how you are treated if your in royal service.. It's a secluded, private section as well, so those of you who's opinions were "i don't know what other guest were complaining about" maybe you needed to LEAVE the royal service area first!

This is just an "opinion" that I, as a traveler wanted to share on Paradisus. Overall, to each their own. have a good time!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better ocean views. If you get a lower room, request the pool view, it is better than overlooking the mangroves.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank love2travel01_12
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I just celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary, and since we never took a honeymoon we figured now was the best time to vacation. I must say we were not disappointed!!! This was the most amazing resort we have ever been too!!! The food was amazing, the drinks were awesome, and the service was fantastic. We opted for the Royal Service and was glad we did. From the reception we received to the simple greeting letter found in our room, we could not have asked for a better vacation.

Getting into town was easy. The resort would arrange all your transportation needs into town, with the exception of the return ride. My husband and I decided to go to Tulum for a day, so the concierge in the front arranged the private transportation for us with a taxi driver that he highly recommended and trusted, and one that gave us a great rate!!! We never had a single worry during our entire stay.

The restaurants had amazing food. By far, we truly enjoyed Hadar and the breakfast it provided. Gabi was an awesome spot to kick back with a few drinks and relax. The Royal Service pool was warm and cozy. The cabanas and beds were amazing! There is nothing like taking a nap on the beach to the sounds of the ocean hitting the shore. The room itself was by far the nicest one I have ever seen. The showers were amazing, but the bed was so comfortable that I wanted to spend half of my vacation sleeping in it. The only criticism for the resort was the smell. It did not smell bad at all, but at times the scent of lavender in the lobby was too strong. But that is definitely not a deal breaker! Reading some of the other comments about the scenery or the noise, we are not sure which hotel those individuals stayed at. We experienced nothing like that and truly felt like Kings and Queens. We never get to travel so this trip was not taken for granted! We were so sad to see our vacation come to an end yesterday but excited about getting home and planning another trip hopefully this summer. If you want to sit back and relax, La Perla Royal Service is the way to go.

Room Tip: It is a little more but pay the extra for Royal Service with the ocean and pool view! It's the best
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J S
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We traveled to the Paradisus for a seven day vacation in February 2012 and it was WONDERFUL. The food was excellent - better than any all-inclusives we have done previously. The staff was wonderful and went out of their way for us at every turn. Karla (reservations desk) was a god send and made everything easy and stress free! The room was out of this world - everything in the resort is gorgeous. The only downside was the beach itself was small and covered in seaweed but we are not really big sand people anyway, so it didn't put a damper on anything for us. We would DEFINITELY go back to this resort. There was no need at all for royal service - our room and service was stellar. It was fantastic. Heaven. The decor is perfect down to even the smallest detail - clean, well kept, beautiful. There is nothing we could possibly complain about.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed at the Paradisus in December 2011. We opted for the royal service and were not disappointed. It was our 4th stay in Playa and definitely our best so far. Edwin was our butler and he went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect. Gener at the Royal service restaurant went to great lengths to make sure we enjoyed every meal. The food was dynamite! my only complaint was the beach was a bit rocky when you went in the water but they were working to improve the resort every day. Beautiful resort, fantastic food, and first class service!

Room Tip: Spring for the Royal Service, its worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I travelled at the Paradisus from Jan. 18-25th, although I have already provided my review on the Esmeralda section, we were able to visit and eat on the Perla Side as the food throughout the resort was wonderful.

The only downside was the coupons we received for attending their presentation. We wanted to use the coupons for the spa which were US dollars but it was never applied as the front desk before leaving. The lady at the desk said she will apply it but it got too confusing since the hotel bill was in Pesos and we have very little time until our bus came to pick us up. When i got home and looked at my visa account there was a charge of the full amount for the spa (2 massages and 2 facials for almost $600 US) That is very over priced.

You can view a video review on Youtube under Bookit.com. I was interviewed by them and i can be seen at 4:34 and 5:22. Type in Paradisus La Esmeralda and La Perla

Room Tip: Skip the Spa
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple