We stayed in the LaPerle from Feb. 2-8 and had an absolutely wonderful trip! We were with a group of 45 and that was, by far, the best part. It's so much fun to go with others, unless you are honeymooning. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and everything is very clean. We stayed on the top floor, 3rd floor, (NOT ROYAL SERVICE) and felt it was the best floor to stay unless you feel that you really need the swim-up rooms which are more expensive. You can see the ocean from there and see the entire pool and garden area. It was a little hard to find your way around at first, as it is a huge resort. The food was very good and we enjoyed the variety with so many different types of food. The breakfast buffet was always good. All the staff was very friendly and tried their best to make our stay as fun as possible. We took the ferry to Cozemul one day (just take a cab to the dock -about 10 minutes-$10 ride). The ferry is $12.50 each way. Just get a one way ticket over and then you can buy your ticket back when you get ready to come back so you can come back whenever you want. We also chartered a sail boat and snorkeled from Cancun to the Isle of Mujeres and took a day trip to Chichen Itza, the Mayan Ruins. Although the weather was cloudy and a little rainy at times, it was warm and the ocean water was nice too. The pool water was cold, but the swim-up bar and bartender made up for it. I would definitely recommend this hotel as there is something for everyone. The LaPerle side is adult only, but there is also a family side of the hotel as well. The landscaping will be beautiful as it is still in the works, this being a new hotel opening last November. We felt very safe at the hotel and in PlayadelCarman shopping as well. We had a minor maintance issue which was taken care of within 30 minutes, even with a follow-up call to make sure it got taken care of. We would stay in a Melia Paradisus property again. This one was one of the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Melia Hotels APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico