“Great food!! Great service!!”
Review of Kaxapa Factory

Kaxapa Factory
Ranked #6 of 1,366 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The flavors of the Venezuelan family in Playa del Carmen, come and enjoy the Venezuelan food dishes, with vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed 13 March 2012

As a completly ignorant guy about venezuelan cuisine, I went to this small and comfy restaurante in Av. Constituyentes (really close to 5th Av) because a friend of mine told me it was really good and I was curious about venezuelan cuisine. As soon as I arrived, the owner gave me a nice table outside and greeted me with a very nice sense of humour. I told him that I din't know anything about venezuelan cuisine and he was eager to explain his best suggestions to me. He ended up recommending the Arepa Reina wich was amazing!! The prices were really decent as well. Overall, the experience is really good. The food is amazing and the service is really friendly. I would definitely go back again!!

3  Thank gonzalo_gca
Write a ReviewReviews (2,320)

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Please read the other reviews below-- usually, I never find my street food needs through tripadvisor, but this place is a tiny, family-run Venezuelan kitchen with sweet latin throwback music and reggae (I recorded and bought half the songs through my Kazam app), a self explanatory menu in english --get the Kaxapitas starter with meat then see how much more you can eat from there! The juices and drinks are other-worldly. The staff is so sweet and really try to make a connection with you.

Please, get off the beaten 5th St. path and check this out-- even the locals are just starting to find out about it!

2  Thank tyleranneliese
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Interesting little Venezuelan restaurant. New type of food to me, but enjoyable and filling.
The staff are very nice and help you with your choices.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Have been coming to Playa for 8 years, eat everywhere, on and off Fifth Avenue. Dinner was fabulous, the fruit drinks delightful and delicious. Very different, not Mexican food, rather Venezuelan. Family run, lovely people, an honor to enjoy their food and their company. Our new favorite restaurant! If you are looking for fancy, this is not the place, but we don't want fancy, just great local food and this place does the job.

1  Thank Sos11968
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This place is a must if you are in Playa.....highly recommended!

1  Thank Jfrc77