“Great service and food but...”
Review of Oh Lala!

Oh Lala!
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Lala! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,326 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
Reviewed 15 July 2017

My wife and i had dinner at Oh LaLa last night 7/14. The place is very close
to 5th ave in PDC and an easy walk. It's small but with a nice modern minimalist
decor. Ambiance is ok and reasonably quiet with a fantastic aroma of spices been cooked. This is a place for couples or foursomes at most due to size and configuration.
We were greeted very cordially and graciously by the hostess and waiter alike.
They do know how to make you feel like a special guest! We started with two appetizers, a raw tuna flatbread with chipotle mayo and garlic shrimp. Both were very good to excellent. For entries my wife had the octopus and i had the 9oz. fillet. The octopus was very tender and reasonably flavorfull making it very good to excellent. My fillet was a failure! I asked for medium rare and it was ridiculously unevenly cooked so that it went from barely medium rare in the side where i started to cut to well done one third into it!! Unacceptable to me for a restaurant of this caliber. A shame because i had looked forward to this dining experience. The prices are high and so are the expectations. The wine list is acceptable and prices reasonable.

1  Thank rafael a

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We had seen such good reviews for Oh La La on Trip Advisor so thought we'd give it a try. The location and service was great - all the staff were very attentive. We did find the menu quite expensive, however the food was good. Just be aware that you will need to be willing to pay a fair bit for your meal - it was about $30 minimum for a main meal.

1  Thank sarah c
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We visited Oh Lala our first night in Playa and had a wonderful meal. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. We started with a mushroom dish that was divine. I had the special which was a seafood curry with mussels, lobster, shrimp and scallops. Amazing. My boyfriend had a filet and salad - also great. They were super accommodating and moved us inside when it started to rain. My favorite meal during my vacation.

3  Thank llgd4
Reviewed 7 July 2017

This is my second time to dine at Oh Lala. I wasn't disappointed again. The most negative thing I can say is that they don't have a good air conditioning system, but if that is the worst, it shouldn't stop anyone from making this a part of their vacation plans. Adrian was a champ as he had a table of obnoxious Americans (I am an American so I can say they were obnoxious) and he treated them with incredible respect and patients. After they left, I apologized for all of the majority of Americans who are given a bad name by those "ugly Americans" that seem to have just arrived with more money than common decency. But back to the review. The mussels were fantastic for a starter and I had the Thai Green Curry which was the perfect amount and absolutely fantastic. It is a small place that can be easily missed when walking past, so make a reservation plenty ahead of arriving in Playa as the secret is out about Oh Lala.

1  Thank Russell B
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We had a wonderful dinner last night at Oh Lala...... Food was excellent - as were the cocktails. Service was fabulous - professional, friendly, so accommodating! We were celebrating our daughter's birthday - the staff went above and beyond to make it an extra special evening. Such an enjoyable night - so happy we dined here. Will DEFINITELY return when in PDC again.....