All reviews great location no elevator sister properties great place to stay clean hotel fifth avenue next morning ferry to cozumel front desk staff noise balcony ambar beach cancun mattress nightlife
Reviewed 2 December 2016

We stayed at the top floor in a big committable room , and it was better than another hotel we stayed in who cost double than what we payed in the Xtudio hotel.
the Staff was so nice and helped us with any question. It is close to the ADO station and to the beach, and everywhere you want to go in Playa del carmen. and although it doesn't have an elevator in the hotel the going up the stairs was great and followed by a real pretty wall paintings. we've been to 3 different hotels in Playa, and this was definitely the best hotel we stayed in! i highly recommend it, especially the top at the top floor which is also close to the roof who have an amazing view of the whole beach area and the boardwalk.

Room Tip: Even though it has no elevator, ask for the top room it's amazing with a king size bed, a kitchen and a Hugh bathroom! worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Very nice hotel, right in the centre, on the 5th. few min' from the 12th street (with the parties) and the bus station.
Clean and comfortable and very kind stuff!
The only minuses - no elevator and WIFI is not working.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

I did a ton of research before selecting this hotel and I'm glad I did because it was worth it. If your not going to be renting a car and want to be close to the beAch , ado bus stop , collectivos, and right off of 5th avenue then this hotel is it. The hotel and staff met all are essentials and the front staff were very helpful with our questions. I would definitely stay again. Also do not buy any snorkeling packages online because you could snorkel into Tulum Beach, Akumal Beach and Dos Ojos cenote for like $10 @= 200 pesos each. We had a blast !!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynnblanco
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Hotel staff were very helpful and pleasant. The hotel was clean and the room provided sufficient space. Two downfalls were no hot water and the noisy bar next door made it difficult to sleep at times (weekday nights weren't very noisy, just the weekend).

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 October 2016

I loved my experience at Xtudio. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, overnight staff as well. Ale (Alejandra i believe) was a gem. The facilities were perfect for me traveling solo and on a budget. I felt comfortable and clean. My balcony was overlooking 5th Avenue- I loved my view every day. It is very conveniently located right on the strip (5th Av), a 7-11 is right next door.. I found it a great location. Loved the kitchenette. I felt right at home in this apartment style room. The breakfast is included at the sister hotel Illusion Boutique which is one block away, and the service there is great as well. I especially loved my towel animal. =) Definitely would like to stay here again!
I could always hear sounds from the street and nearby bars. For me that was part of the atmosphere and experience of Playa del Carmen and staying on the strip, so I didn't mind. The sun was quite bright coming through the spaces not covered by the curtain, and that disturbed my sleep a little. These are not a big deal for me, but if you mind it then do not stay in Room 9.

Room Tip: Room 9 gets a lot of noise and sun if that bothers you.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo