“Impressed”

Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Ranked #24 of 217 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We were very impressed with this resort from top to bottom. The rooms were great, staff were excellent (especially our night time waiter "Romeo, and our pool side guy, "Havier"). No waiting, no reservations required for dinner, all a la cart dinning, great brand new facility! We can't wait to go back next year.
If we had one complaint it would be that the adjoining door between our suite and our neighbors suite had zero sound proofing. We were awakened when they would arrive back to their room after a night out, simply by their conversation. In the morning we were again awakened by our neighbors snoring??! It was like they were literally in our room with us!Crazy that at this level of resort this aspect was over looked. We are hoping that this will be identified and fixed for the future.
Other than this one flaw, we can't think of any other complaints. Enjoy!!

Mr. and Mrs. Sylvie Thom

1  Thank Brent D
BlueBayBelleVue, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Brent,

I have shared your comments with the staff and we are very thankful for your kind remarks. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back!.
Blue Diamond Riviera Maya team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,717)

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We spent 3 glorious days at the Blue Diamond. Our every expectation was exceeded. We were the 153rd and 154th guests since the opening. Everything that we could have hoped for was available.

The service was the best we have ever had anywhere....even better than at home. There was nothing we could ask for that they couldn't bring or do for us. Breakfast, lunch and dinner from a menu with a good variety of choices. The fresh fruit was served up perfectly sliced and looking like a piece of art. Even our order from the snack bar was delivered right to our sunbed on china plates and real cutlery. The bar had PREMIUM drinks and concoctions including Crown Royal and Grey Goose.

Our room was more like a palace with 3 sets of wide patio doors across the back viewing out to the mangroves which our own private patio overlooked and contained table, chairs, loungers and our own private tub. We had a very comfortable king size bed, comfy couch and chairs, desk, walk-in closet/dressing room, good-size flat screen with IPOD connection for music, etc. We came home wanting to revamp our house to replicate the bathroom from Blue Diamond....his/her showers, makeup desk, beautiful tile, very modern and clean. The bathrobes and slippers were just icing on the already perfect cake.

A roof top cigar bar was a great spot for the evening hours. Plenty of room to get fresh air if you don't smoke. Even did some dancing. Very accomodating staff.

Again the service was 6 star. The staff were superb. The transportation driver came right to our door to inform us that he was ready to take us to the beach, or pool, or restaurant or lobby. We never waited more than 3 minutes.

We absolutely loved this resort. So much so, that my hubby never turned the TV on!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there would be any room that wasn't perfect!
6  Thank OntarioTraveller48
BlueBayBelleVue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!.
BlueDiamond Riviera Maya by BlueBay team

Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband and i spent the last three days of our holiday at the beautiful BLUE DIAMOND by Blue Bay resort what a fantastic place it is,from first arriving at the resort the staff could not do enough for you,nothing is a problem for them,you never have to walk anywhere if don`t want to, the reception are always making sure that everything is to your satisfaction and if you need anything else in your room to what time would you like picking up for your meals.When we came back to our room on the first morning after we had been on the beach there was champage on ice wating for us same on the second day never have we been on holiday where we have been made to feel so welcome.The staff are the best ever,Saturday morning we were served breakfast by Romeo he also served us for our evening meal along with Martin
we were also served on Sunday evening by Romeo and Martin and they never stop trying to please you,nothing is any problem to them,all the staff from housekeeping,gardeners right to the highest rank never stop pleasing you. The villas are breathtaking from first entering,we stayed in the Laguna Villas. What a way to end your holiday ......

3  Thank megjazzStaffordshire

Dear client,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks!. We are happy we made you feel so welcome.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
BlueDiamond Riviera Maya by BlueBay team

Reviewed 16 March 2012

My girlfriend and I just spent 5 days at Blue Diamond.

It was beyond belief. You don't get a room, you get a palace. The food is delicious, breakfast lunch and dinner (their wine list is thin...but hey). The staff are there for your every wish.

One of the biggest complaints my partner and I have had in our Caribbean travel is that the rooms are "clean but sterile" - there is no dirt...but you feel like you are in a motel 6. Not here. The bed is very very comfortable. The lighting is nice. The room (one of the smallest at the resort) was HUGE. With its own living room, giant two shower bathroom, outdoor bathtub, and patio/backyard with recliners and a view of the cenote. it was like staying in the guest house of a rich relative, not a "functional" hotel room.

The spa is magnificent and even if you don't want to pay for treatments the time in the therapeutic pool, the Hamam (steam room) and relaxation room drinking chlorophyll water was perfect.

The pool is great with a great view of the ocean, and nice chairs. perfect.

But, the top notch is the people who work here. They are from all over Mexico, are extremely friendly, and make you feel like an honored guest.

My partner and I have been to Mexico, St. Maarten, Miami, Aruba, and nothing, nothing even came close to the luxury, relaxation, comfort, friendliness, and service of the Blue Diamond. It was sublime - if what you want is low key and luxury. it's not a party scene at all.

9  Thank john o
BlueBayBelleVue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you John!
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!
Blue Diamond Riviera Maya by BlueBay team

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I just arrived home from a 5 day stay at the resort. It has only been open for a few weeks so they are still working out some kinks. One day there was no water but that was remedied quickly and another day the hot water did not work. I think this is normal for a new hotel a few weeks in. I'm sure if I visited in a couple of months I'd give it a 5/5 but I need to be honest a few weeks in it wasn't perfect.

I love that it is an adult-only hotel and it has a great, modern feel. I appreciate that some people have families but I don't want to vacation with them!

The Ambar restaurant is beautiful and the food is delicious. But what really makes it a great stay is the wonderful staff. The helpfulness went beyond the duty of normal resort staff. When I arrived I asked that they speak Spanish so I could practice. They kindly spoke slowly and at my level. Moreover when I wanted to go off the resort they recommended great places for me to go.

I will remember them all fondly.

Room Tip: I stayed in the mini-suites that overlooked the river, they had decks out front that were lovely to...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ayngelina B

Thank you Anygelina for your wonderful remarks about our staff which I have shared with them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!.
team of Blue Diamond Riviera Maya by BlueBay