“Luxury Vacation”

Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Ranked #39 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I only stayed one night at this resort. One night says it all. The resort is very big so they provide cart service to transport you around. I stayed in the room at the lagoon which has two floors with two separate entrances. As I walked into my 2nd floor room I was amazed of what I saw. The bathroom had his & hers sinks, large glass shower, separate toilet room and an outdoor jacuzzi of some sort. The bedroom had a king size poster bed, walkin closet, flat screen tv, ipod dock, bar w/beverages, a round table for eating, a couch to relax while watching tv or listening to music. The view was to die for! One wall was completely glass with sliding pocket doors. There was a balcony to sit out on to catch the sun if you like. Also there was stairs that lead to the roof level which had an outdoor shower and space to sunbath. My night started out great. I had lunch and dinner at the restaurant, which was very nice and romantic. When I arrived back at my room it was storming. BUMMER! I was ok with staying in for the night and enjoying my room. During the storm the room power went out. I called the front deck to report it and they replied they were working on it. After an hour of being in the dark staff came to move me to another building. I was a lil disappointed. When I arrived at the next room on the 1st floor this time, I was once again impressed. Room was the same as the 2nd floor but had a dock for a small boat to pull up at. Wow, wow, wow! The food was great and the pool was great. I didn't go on the beach but from what i could see it is private and clean. This resort is adults only and very romantic, not party type. Limited on entertainment. There is a spa and a few other amenities at location. I was able to see other style rooms at this resort and it only got better. Con- The power going out. I later realized the resort was not officially open yet and they still had kinks to get out. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Diana H

Reviewed 26 September 2012

My husband and I spent the last three days of our honeymoon there. In general, it was an amazing place to wrap up our two week trip through the Yucatan, but there were a few issues that are stopping me from rating it as 5 stars.
The staff are AMAZING. So helpful, friendly, and accommodating. Christian and Gabriel were the best bartenders. Cesar and Omar waited on us during our meals, and were also great. The facilities were beautiful, room was really amazing (we stayed in a suite on the lagoon). Probably the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed at some pretty nice ones).
Really the only part of our stay that was less than perfect was the concierge service. Neither my husband nor I are very high maintenance (we had just come from staying in a hut on the beach in Tulum), so our requests of concierge were fairly minor. The concierge staff were very friendly, but not great on following through with requests. For example, we were offered coupons for the spa, and were told they would be waiting in our room after we finished lunch the first day. Four phone calls later, we finally received them just before checking out (3 days later). I called to ask for a hair dryer on our first night - received it after dinner on our 3rd night. All in all pretty minor, but a less than stellar concierge service stopped us from feeling that we were at a 5-star hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel, but 3 days was plenty long enough for us. There's not a lot to do besides lounge, eat (food is AMAZING! Not sure what other reviewers were upset about. Truly GREAT food), and drink. Which for me gets old after a couple of days, but if that's your thing, don't hesitate to stay longer.

Room Tip: I'm sure they're all great. We stayed in the lagoon suites - very nice!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ejbergman
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

Imagine being treated like royalty--we were. Surrounded by beautiful , plush vegetation , bluer then blue waters, while residing in a spacious comfortable suite with private plunge pool. Above and beyond the spectacular weather, luxurious spa, delicious food and ample liquor-it was the custer service that sent us to another planet!! Muchos Gracias to: Manuel, Darwin, Ganriel, Victor , Omar, Federico, Laura, Sophie. ....to name a few. Our 25th wedding anniversary is a deeply embedded special place in our heart. Daniel & Margarita

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank megluvlife
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My wife and I went to celebrate her birthday and everything was great; hey! the only thing you need to take care about if go there is to choose a good airline to travel, we choosen a domestic one calles Viva Aerobus and is not good we'd like to have been choosen other one by few more money anyway getting back to the Blue Diamond, every single person who works thee treat you so great, everyone has this serve attitude incredible; arrivng our room there was a champagne bootle wating for us. At dinner and breakfast the menu were so well developed the dishes great presented and the taste so good also.
Is funny because the hotel is so long that you need to ask for bikes or a litte electric cart to take you to the restorants or the beach and pools area, but the way is that beatiful that I'de recomend to take ir on bike.
The food so good, the people so nice, the place so paceful, don't think it twice simply visit this great destiny.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach area (those around the laggon) are nicer and more confortable to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ICN-MEX
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Me & my boyfriend just came back from Blue Diamond several weeks ago, and we have not stopped talking & thinking about what an incredible experience the entire trip was from beginning to end! We stayed at the resort from August 31st - September 4th. It was a short 5 day vacation, but it was the most amazing 5 days that we have ever spent on vacation.

We have stayed at other 5* resorts in the Mayan in the past, but they do not even come close to the Blue Diamond. The resort, rooms, service, and atmosphere that you get from here is not a typical "All inclusive" vacation where it's drinking & partying all day. This resort is so exclusive, quiet, and relaxing that all we did for the 5 days was enjoy the resort and we refused to drink too much to ruin our vacation.

From the second we arrived to the Cancun airport, we were greeted by a lady & a gentleman with our names on a board waiting for us with our own private truck / limo to the resort. This was an extra charge, but WELL worth it! This allows you to pick up your luggage, jump into the truck and go straight to the resort without having to wait for other people and to drop them all off at their resorts on the shuttle busses that some other resorts offer.

We first stayed in a patio suite with our own private plunge pool, and outdoor bathtub - this room was so beautiful! The walk in closet was huge and allowed us to organize our clothes & outfits, the room had 2 full bathrooms, a seperate living room, and a huge private patio. We loved this suite! Then the next morning we received a call from the concierge and they had notified us that there was a Beachfront villa available for us (As it was my birthday) - and we were more than ecstatic to check out this room! Manuel (who my boyfriend loved and had plenty of great conversations with) - came and picked up our luggage, and drove us in the golfcart to have lunch, while our new room was getting ready. While we were having lunch, Sophie (front desk) - came to find us at the restaurant and notified us that our room was ready and gave us our new keys! Our luggage was already moved there, and Manuel came back and gave us a tour of the new beach house, which was the most amazing way to celebrate my birthday!

The rooftop terrace had an infiniti pool, a mattress for sun bathing, and 2 lounge chairs. We also brought with us an iPod dock and ipod which was great as it came into good use while we spent our days up on the terrace relaxing & tanning.

Food - we had room service twice and it was very good! The $20 charge was an extra fee, but with the service that we had from everybody at the resort, the extra charge was not of concern at all as the workers go out of their way to ensure everything is of perfection and to your liking. They even ask you if you have any allergies, and they make a note of it.
Breakfast - our favorite meal of the day! The eggs were so delicious, we ordered the scrambled eggs with our own toppings every morning, which is a must try! The eggs benedict were also very delicious as well. You also get a fruit plate, and hash browns, sausages, etc with your eggs.
Lunch - really delicious as well, we enjoyed the Gucamole & dip everyday before getting our main courses
Dinner - Ambar is very beautiful and the presentation of all the dishes were something out of a magazine. However, we found that some of the meals were not favourable to our tastebuds (maybe coming from Canada). We found the french onion soup & the cauliflower soup to be a little too salty. But that was just one night that we experienced this, everything else was great!
We also had the chance to try the Mexican night for dinner, and this was the best dinner meal we had all week! The apps, soup (do try the cream soup!) - and the shrimp risotto was sooo delicious we still talk about that meal and want to learn how to make it!

Spa - beautiful! We had our own private couples massage room, the staff there were so nice and accomodating. The experience was very relaxing, and we used the steam room, hydro pool, and the showers - and the gentleman that was helping us with our services did a phenomenal job and ensured that our experience was spectacular!

Beach - we had the luxury of walking out to the beach right from our front patio, and the beach was perfectly clean & blue, and it was perfect for swimming! It was the best feeling ever to wake up, open our patio doors, and walk right out to the beach.

Entertainment - there was not much going on at the resort in terms of entertainment. I think everyone that stayed at the hotel was all looking to do the same thing - relax.

We spent most of our time on the rooftop and the beachhouse is so worth the extra upgrade!!

We cannot stress enough how amazing all of the staff were, and as soon as we got back from the vacation we already discussed having our future wedding there!

Everybody who we had the opportunity to meet during our stay, completely made our trip and we are looking to coming back with a big group of us in the near future! :)

Thank you so much to the staff at Blue Diamond!
- Vivian & John

Room Tip: Patio suite was an amazing room! Best suite we've ever stayed in throughout all of our other vac...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple