We stayed at the Ocean Maya Royale a few weeks ago. This was a girls trip for 4 girls in their late 20s and we had a great time.
PROs: The value was fantastic. Purcahsed the deal on tripadvisor and paid a very economical rate for 6 days. The grounds were well maintained and very pretty, with flowers blooming and luscious greenery all over. We were traveling with a friend who had a leg injury and they accomodated our room request to be close to the beach which was very nice. Had a really fun time partying at night, recommend sticking to the beer and wine as the mixed drinks were very watered down.
CONS: Although the staff was friendly, nobody seems to know anything. We had asked about dining options and nobody seemed informed about which restaurants were open at which times. There should be light lunch options such as a snack bar or poolside menu to order from so you don't have to eat at the dining buffet. Food overall was just OK, as you would expect at an all-inclusive. Also, they told us we can order room service at any time, yet never answered the phone.
Overall, we had a very nice stay. We got exactly what we expected based on previous reviews. I like to always try new places so probably wouldn't be back to Playa del Carmen, but if you are looking for a relaxing trip with great weather, this is the place to be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico