Visited this superb hotel for Xmas, what a revelation. I thought we always chose decent hotels as we go away quite a lot but this one far exceeds any we have been to recently. I had not been to one of the H10 group before but we certainly will again.
This hotel has the most clean rooms and grounds that I have seen in a while. The entertainment staff put in so much effort for the guests almost all day long and the restaurant and bar staff are to be complimented, didn't matter how busy it was, they always remembered you and what you drink.
Perfect retreat and the bonus was adults only. Downside - a little remote, about £30 return taxi ride into Playa Del Carmen, we went and ate there, brilliant it was as well, but we found that as there was so much going on at the hotel, it didn't really matter that much.
I cannot praise this hotel enough, so much so that we tried to book direct for next year only to be told its full already. But since we got home, we tried a couple of Travel Agents and they still have allocation, trouble is, its gone up by £600 since last year, having a rethink, maybe leave it a while.
The Japanese restaurant is a must, the chefs are fantastic, we never stopped laughing all night. The Italian was so relaxing and the food was great as was the Mexican where we ate lunch most days as its by the pool area. Blue Moon was fantastic, what they do with after dinner coffee's is jaw dropping and it tasted good.
The Gala meal which was provided on Christmas Eve had just about every meat and seafood you could possibly imagine, and it tasted so good, the service was impeccable as usual and I compliment the people who organised it and got it so right.
We were amazed at all the wildlife wandering freely around the grounds, we had heard about them but didn't expect that. Great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico