The remodeled hotel is located in Playa del Carmen pretty close to many popular towns, famous beaches, and popular tourist sites. I love the whole LOVE theme throughout the hotel. The atmosphere is with the adult in mind with many picture perfect spots representing tropical vibes and romantic atmosphere. Every night there is entertainmentat the main center stage near the lobby. Sometimes they have groups playing, salsa music, jazz bands, acrobats, etc. Plus the lobby bar is so close u can grab a deink and sit anywher u please and enjoy tje night. The center stage is surrounded by 3 restaurants (French, Japanese, and International buffet). You may eat at any of their restaurants as u choose (check schedules). Casual dress attire is perfect.
The staff is very friendly, always willing to assist u with anything and are pleasant, communicative, friendly, smile sincerely, great atmosphere. Room service is quick and accurate....just make sure u ask for wverything u may need including condiments. Rooms are equipped with coffe maker, soda, water, and beer. Throughout the premises you may come across wildlife so be careful. One time we were taking a picture at one of the LOVE points (standing signs) when we noticed an animals tail...turns out it was a leopard. Surely enough it just passed by so that was so cool to watch but perhaps can be dangerous ifu creep next to it by accident. Another night we came across a dear also at one of th LOVE points. During the day there are squirrels you may notice, racoons, and iguanas.
The rooms are well equipped and stocked daily. The downside is that there is only one mirror, no body mirror nor any mirrors in the sleeping area which is a bummer. Other than that the rooms are cozy, good size, and have balconys. The first floor rooms have a swing as well. We were on the 9th building which is close to the volleyball areawhich was cool cause pool and beach access was close by. Another downside and huge complaint for me was the lack of jacuzzis. I noticed one in the pool but it was normal temp water. I asked for a hot water jacuzzi to relax muscles after a long walk and was told they only had one at their spa and its by appointment obly! I never went cause our appt was at 9 am the next morning and we were definately asleep. Excuse me but on vacations I run on my own time and schedules r not my thing. This would also affect us for breakfast cus its served till 11 am so sometimes we'd be rinning towrds the lobby to grab breakfast at the buffet before they closed. Overall I loved coming here and wouldnt mind visiting this hotel again. Oh and before I forget I must say that the foam party at the pool is awesome! Had such a great time.
Adults only, all inclusive with option of upgrading for premium service which is another menu and drink brand options. Great location. Spacious resort. Romantic and fun atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico