Free cancellation until 28/07
US$244
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$289
  • Beachfront
Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)
US$154
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$67
The Carmen Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$171
  • Breakfast included
Xaman-ha 7016 Luxury Condominium(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$153
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$508
Book now, pay at stay
US$725
Hotels.com
Book now, pay at stay
US$891
Residences El Faro(Playa del Carmen)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
7,361 results
All reviewsblue moonel charropool bardolce vitajapanese restaurantentertainment staffprivilege areaprivilege beachprivilege guestsfoam partyquiet poolbeach areathomson repprivilege packagecoco bongoactivity poolour favourite
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

The remodeled hotel is located in Playa del Carmen pretty close to many popular towns, famous beaches, and popular tourist sites. I love the whole LOVE theme throughout the hotel. The atmosphere is with the adult in mind with many picture perfect spots representing tropical vibes and romantic atmosphere. Every night there is entertainmentat the main center stage near the lobby. Sometimes they have groups playing, salsa music, jazz bands, acrobats, etc. Plus the lobby bar is so close u can grab a deink and sit anywher u please and enjoy tje night. The center stage is surrounded by 3 restaurants (French, Japanese, and International buffet). You may eat at any of their restaurants as u choose (check schedules). Casual dress attire is perfect.
The staff is very friendly, always willing to assist u with anything and are pleasant, communicative, friendly, smile sincerely, great atmosphere. Room service is quick and accurate....just make sure u ask for wverything u may need including condiments. Rooms are equipped with coffe maker, soda, water, and beer. Throughout the premises you may come across wildlife so be careful. One time we were taking a picture at one of the LOVE points (standing signs) when we noticed an animals tail...turns out it was a leopard. Surely enough it just passed by so that was so cool to watch but perhaps can be dangerous ifu creep next to it by accident. Another night we came across a dear also at one of th LOVE points. During the day there are squirrels you may notice, racoons, and iguanas.
The rooms are well equipped and stocked daily. The downside is that there is only one mirror, no body mirror nor any mirrors in the sleeping area which is a bummer. Other than that the rooms are cozy, good size, and have balconys. The first floor rooms have a swing as well. We were on the 9th building which is close to the volleyball areawhich was cool cause pool and beach access was close by. Another downside and huge complaint for me was the lack of jacuzzis. I noticed one in the pool but it was normal temp water. I asked for a hot water jacuzzi to relax muscles after a long walk and was told they only had one at their spa and its by appointment obly! I never went cause our appt was at 9 am the next morning and we were definately asleep. Excuse me but on vacations I run on my own time and schedules r not my thing. This would also affect us for breakfast cus its served till 11 am so sometimes we'd be rinning towrds the lobby to grab breakfast at the buffet before they closed. Overall I loved coming here and wouldnt mind visiting this hotel again. Oh and before I forget I must say that the foam party at the pool is awesome! Had such a great time.
Adults only, all inclusive with option of upgrading for premium service which is another menu and drink brand options. Great location. Spacious resort. Romantic and fun atmosphere.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChickieCh
OceanCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ocean Maya Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear ChickieCh, thank you very much for choosing Ocean Maya Royale and for sharing your comments. We are pleased to know that you had a great time while staying with us and enjoyed our facilities and services. Thank you once again for your feedback and we truly hope to host you again in the near future.
Best regards, Ocean Maya Royale family.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Visited this superb hotel for Xmas, what a revelation. I thought we always chose decent hotels as we go away quite a lot but this one far exceeds any we have been to recently. I had not been to one of the H10 group before but we certainly will again.
This hotel has the most clean rooms and grounds that I have seen in a while. The entertainment staff put in so much effort for the guests almost all day long and the restaurant and bar staff are to be complimented, didn't matter how busy it was, they always remembered you and what you drink.
Perfect retreat and the bonus was adults only. Downside - a little remote, about £30 return taxi ride into Playa Del Carmen, we went and ate there, brilliant it was as well, but we found that as there was so much going on at the hotel, it didn't really matter that much.
I cannot praise this hotel enough, so much so that we tried to book direct for next year only to be told its full already. But since we got home, we tried a couple of Travel Agents and they still have allocation, trouble is, its gone up by £600 since last year, having a rethink, maybe leave it a while.
The Japanese restaurant is a must, the chefs are fantastic, we never stopped laughing all night. The Italian was so relaxing and the food was great as was the Mexican where we ate lunch most days as its by the pool area. Blue Moon was fantastic, what they do with after dinner coffee's is jaw dropping and it tasted good.
The Gala meal which was provided on Christmas Eve had just about every meat and seafood you could possibly imagine, and it tasted so good, the service was impeccable as usual and I compliment the people who organised it and got it so right.
We were amazed at all the wildlife wandering freely around the grounds, we had heard about them but didn't expect that. Great.

Room Tip: ~Choose a room on the south side if you can but you wont be disappointed in any of the small 2 storey blocks
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Goldie-Pit

Dear Goldie-Pit, we truly appreciate your kind comments about our resort; it is rewarding for us to learn that you chose Ocean Maya Royale for your vacations and enjoyed our facilities and delicious food offerings. Thank you for posting your review on this site. We look forward your next visit.
Warm regards, Ocean Maya Royale team.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Well to begin with i would like to let people know how lovly this hotel is or but a few snags so i will start with the good thing first so that i dont put people off the staff at this hotel you cannot fault i dont mean the top manegers an that i mean the hard working staff that try to get everything perfect for you nothing is to much trouble.they work very hard for so little the staff in the main resterant cannot do enough for you always smiling very polite what more can you ask for the bar staff at both bars again you cant fault especially the two bar girls that got our drink at night so lovly magual from the pool bar always got my drink and my husbands just perfect it was good to see those staff still there as without staff like these i dont think the hotel would last the small staff are the ones that count.my huband and i dont play alot of attention to manegment as where more interested in the staff that work very hard to make it what it is we both have now stayed at this hotel 4 christmases running this time the entertainment was not as good as the 3 years before ther was no acrobats dancers in the pool the best shows was put on very late at night and only lasted for about an hour as they were after 10.30 and listening to alot of boring music for three hours we were tired so didnt get to see the late shows it would of been better if they were on earlier like the other years we had been ther. Although i have said all this both my husband and i still said it was our best holiday there you cannot fault the holiday itself just the things they have changed the n
manegement seems to change all the time so when you go back there are only a few staff that recognise you. when it came to checkin i was most disapointed before getting there when my huband and i booked the holiday tue emailed the hotel infront of us to say this was our 4th xmas there and could we possibly have a room aways from the swamp area as for the past two years they had been emailed and yet still they chose to put us by a swamp and that meant moving rooms and yet the first time we had stayed we were put in a lovly room having stayed in sandals hotels usually when you go back to a hotel after a couple of years they autamatikly upgrade you without asking. When i mentioned this at checkin the so called maneger who id never met said no it was a very good room i did tell him if it wasnt i would be back .well i thought no go and look at the room and yes it was the same room by a swamp like last year so i went back to the desk to tell the maneger no not for us when i said that i did not want to be put by a swamp he said your in a jungle madam also how lucky i was because he couldnt afford a holiday his name by the way is montserra i then pointed out i would like to speak to someone higher than him he was so rude both my husband and i had been awake for 24 hours by now travelled nearly 5,000 miles for a very small minded man who needs to take a lesson in customer service this holiday was a birthday present from my husband who worked hard to pay for it . after that a very nice lady maneger came out and told me thatshe would have a better room the following day after 2.30 pm so we couldnt un pak or anything because of moving the following day true to her word it was a lovly room by then we had lost 2 days from our lovly holiday on the last day they wanted us to pay another 10 dollers per hour to keep our room i declined this after all the trouble at checkin i would like to thankthe lady who did give us a good room her name is jofran i would also like to thank the maneger at the blue moon for carrying the drinks for me if anybody read this please dont let it put you off going to this lovly hotel it was only one member of staff the hotel is lovly thats why we have gone back four years running please give it a go as you want be disapointed when you see the hotel iv tryed to be as honest so that people know what they will get.

Room Tip: Beach front
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jasmond c

Dear jasmond c, it has been an honor to host you again at Ocean Maya Royale. We are thrilled to know that despite these minor details your overall experience was great. Thank you for your preference and for taking the time to share your comments on this site; we hope to have the opportunity to host you once again in the future.
Best regards, Ocean Maya Royale team.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Loved this place! Beautiful grounds, clean bathrooms, great staff. Let me just say I am a very picky eater and this place had everything and more for me to eat. I usually lose a few lbs on a trip but I think I might have gained a few. Oops. But again great food. The pool bar was fanatastic, Iganacias (please forgive me if it’s spelt wrong, but I had the purple bubba, loved you buddy). Miguel at the pool bar and the rest of the guys! Your the best. Eduardo, Kath, thanks for everything!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Crystal U

Dear Crystal U, it was a great pleasure to host you at Ocean Maya Royale during your recent vacations. We are glad to read you had an excellent experience at our resort. Thank you for your preference and for sharing your amazing experience on this site. We hope to have another opportunity to host you again soon.
Warm regards, Ocean Maya Royale team.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

This was my first time in Mexico & I had a wonderful experience at Ocean Maya Royale. The grounds were beautiful, the rooms, restaurants, pools & beach were clean. The resort staff was amazing! Everyone went out of their way to accommodate us & were always smiling. Special shout out to the lobby bartenders, Herbert & Oli. The food in the restaurants was fresh & well-prepared; there was no shortage of options. The only thing that needs some updating is the gym, it's small & the equipment was outdated. Otherwise, I highly recommend this resort & would definitely return!

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank JennLS

Dear JennLS, thank you for having chosen Ocean Maya Royale as the host for your vacations. We are thrilled to know that your past visit to our resort was satisfactory, and that overall you had a good time while enjoying the great variety in our offer. We are greatly thankful that you took the time to share your experience with us.
Best regards, Ocean Maya Royale family.