We just returned from a 2 week stay at the Ocean Maya Royale and Check-in was very quick with welcome cocktail then had to pay a new tax before being whizzed around the lush grounds in golf buggy to our rooms. Good size room, slippers and robe for laid out for us both. Touch of the chef and bottle of sparkling wine to welcome us. King size bed and really comfy with 6 big pillows. Room safe is a good size but needs to be moved as placed in an area that stops you hanging clothes good size walk in shower and bathroom area in general and mini fridge which was replenished every day.
Al-A-Carts – Dolce Vida (Italian) was our favourite and the main man Jorge who really welcomed you and always had time to speak with you during the evening and even tempted you to try a chefs special creation and his team was great.
Blue moon (elegant/romantic) good menu and the staff was good but you had long waiting periods between courses which was improving.
Charro (Mexican food) in the evening and was also doubled up as the buffet during lunch as it was close to the beach and pool areas with outside bbq area.
Main buffet – breakfast, lunch and dinners some nights themed food good quality of food every night.
Tepanayaki grill – (Japanese) you need to book this one as it has limited
Aranza,was great had time for you and tried hard to get results for you but had her hands tied by Management who either needs replacing or lessons on dealing with customers when issues arise and not leave it to the poor staff when laundry is returned damaged by the services provided by hotel nd Management ignore you.
Apart for the useless Management onsite I would say this is a great hotel to chill out and relax
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico