Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$323
US$295
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$508
US$379
  • Beachfront
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$68
Residences El Faro(Playa del Carmen)
US$170
  • Pool
US$540
US$427
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$230
  • Breakfast included
Xaman-ha 7016 Luxury Condominium(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$153
The Carmen Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$171
US$811
US$665
Melia.com
7,358 results
All reviewsblue moonel charropool bardolce vitajapanese restaurantentertainment staffprivilege areaprivilege beachprivilege guestsfoam partyquiet poolbeach areathomson repprivilege packagecoco bongoactivity poolour favourite
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Yet again a wonderful trip to this resort. All staff are a real godsend to this hotel. Thank you Ocean Maya and look forward to booking next trip. Food and beverages are good and no trouble booking for the various restaurants on site. Entertainment is very well organized and staff work very hard to keep everyone happy.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susan p
OceanCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ocean Maya Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear susan p, it was truly an honor to host you at Ocean Maya Royale during your recent vacations and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the community of Trip Advisor. With reward we learn you had an excellent experience with us while enjoying our facilities and the great service provided by our staff. Thank you very much for your preference; we look forward to welcome you again in the near future.
Best regards, Ocean Maya Royale family.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this adults only resort - the standards throughout were very high, with pools, terraces and beach very clean and well maintained.
The service from every single member of the Hotel team was very very good - the gardeners in the morning would say hello, the waiters were always helpful and friendly and the entertainment team worked really hard day and night to make sure everyone had an enjoyable time.
Lots of review mention the seaweed and privilege - yes there is lots of natural seaweed, but you can walk along the beach and get into the sea clear. The beds around the pool are ok, but it's not worth extra for privilege beds and you still have beach access, great drinks range and good sized hotel rooms, with excellent bed, pillows & showers. With good menu range in the restaurants - especially Italian.

A couple of areas could be improved on with speedier & more frequent waiter service poolside & although had a great massage in the spa, the facial was a little brutal & a visit to the hairdresser a disappointment, over an hour with no offer of a drink & frizzy hair to boot ! The evening ents was a little hit & miss - but a visit to Coco Bongo made up for it
Overall a great mix of poolside fun (if you wanted to join in) and relaxation - would recommend for groups of friends as well as couples

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jannine L

Dear Jannine L, yhank you for choosing Ocean Maya Royale as the host for your recent vacations. With reward we read that your had a good experience at our resort while enjoying our facilities, services along with the staff members. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this site; we are looking forward for your upcoming visit, hope to see you soon.
Kind regards, Ocean Maya Royale team.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This place is exellent for family or just couples. This resort is very modern and clean . The grounds are kept very clean ,staff is very helpful.Food is excellent on the beach and in the restaurants. Food is very fresh and you can eat and drink all day. Cannot wait to go back next year.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank katarinaOttawa

Dear katarinaOttawa, it was a great pleasure to host you at Ocean Maya Royale during your recent vacations. We are glad to read you had an excellent experience at our resort while enjoying our facilities. Thank you for your preference and for sharing your experience on this site. We hope to have another opportunity to host you again soon.
Warm regards, Ocean Maya Royale team.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I had an amazing experience here at Ocean Maya Royale, from the customer service to the beautiful grounds to the prompt security. Everything was on point! Special shout out to some of the staff at OMR; Scarlett-obsessed. Yesenia is such a sweet heart! I enjoyed activities with her, Fransisco, Carlos, Carlos, Carlos, Pamela, Johnny at the bar, Luis, were my go to staff!!!! Their service was the cherry on top for me and they truly made my trip welcoming.

Now for the cons,

there isn't enough mirrors on the grounds especially in the rooms, lovely lighting but poor use of space.

I planned this illustrious review but in summation my key take aways are;

-dolce vita is phenomenal but other than that the food is sub-par at best. Hush mouth food for drunks but I was satisfied with Tabasco sauce and rice.

-Top-shelf alcohol is apart of the "privileged" package and additional charge

-Bring plenty of sunscreen, pedialtye, bug spray and more sunscreen. $30 USD for a standard bottle in the resorts store.

-If you need anything seriously, look for those staff members that I mentioned earlier; Scarlett, Carlos, Carlos, Carlos, Fransisco, Luis, Johnny, Rafael, Pamela!!!!! Loved them so much!

-Margarita is the best lol

-bring plenty of toiletries and pack light. Cover ups and slip on dresses and shoes are going to be your best friends!!

Rooms are beautiful and I had the time of my life for my spring break!!! Came March 15-19 and did tons of excursions, participated in resort activities- we did it all. Take advantage of everything that you can the resort is absolutely phenomenal! I WILL be back!!

Room Tip: honeymoon suite is the best but ask for a room close to the water!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Kaliyah S, it was truly an honor to have you as our guests at Ocean Maya Royale. We are truly happy to know that you had an amazing experience, while enjoying our facilities and the great service provided by our staff, such as the mentioned members, who will be more than happy to know that they were able to improve your vacations. Thank you very much for your preference and for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.
Best regards, Ocean Maya Royale family.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I stayed at the Ocean Maya Royale on a last minute trip in March 2018 and can't believe how great it was. I am a single woman travelling on her own and felt completely comfortable and safe the entire time. The staff was so friendly and helpful and there was so much to do. I loved the acrobatic show and of course the Karaoke night. Shout out to Cesar for the White Party dance partner.

My room was huge and very nice. Always clean and comfortable. Close to the pool and the lobby though nothing is really that far. Even the people selling excursions and spa treatments were super nice and not pushy at all. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I had the super saver room with a garden view and it was great. No need to upgrade for me.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Dionne Q
OceanCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ocean Maya Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Dionne Q, thank you for choosing Ocean Maya Royale as the host for your vacations. We are glad to learn that your experience at our resort was satisfactory and that you had an amazing time while enjoying our facilities and services. Furthermore, that you appreciated the friendliness and good performance of Cesar from our Entertainment team. We want to restate our gratitude for your preference and for taking the time to share your kind comments. We look forward to host you again soon.
Kind regards, Ocean Maya Royale team