I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Grand Ocean Maya (formerly an H10), during low season this place is great. 3 friends went, had a fabulous time, full of fun, relaxation and excellent service.
Room: We were upgraded to Ocean view, a new room, comfortable enough for us, clean and no complaints. No musty smell at all!!
Food: I had recently stayed at the Princess (just down the beach) so really nothing can compare to the food there. I believe because we went in low season, the selection was average, nothing spectacular.
Service: From the excellent front desk staff, to the bartenders, to the entertainment staff to the housekeeping staff.... Canada could take some lessons from this group.
Beach: VIP section - WAY BETTER than Princess's VIP section ... however because of the pier and the boardwalk, the beach/water front can be choppy and not as clean as if you were to walk the 15 feet and enter the water from the Secret's resort (the neighbour's). The water is clear blue, white sand, CLEAN!! And you can walk and look at all the neighbouring resorts.
Value for money: on par with everyone else, however if you are looking for somewhere quiet(er) in low season this may work for you. After staying at the Princess in December, this was a welcome change. If you are going in high season, I can see this resort becoming very crowded quickly.
The Canadians seem to like it here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico