Third time at this resort. Always clean and staff always friendly, except the front desk. Resort in need of upgrades. They stopped all the night time activities which actually brought us and 12 of our friends back to this resort. Nothing going on now! Was really disappointed in the Riu front desk and also our travel agent ' Vacations to Go'. We went to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. All we had asked for was a room with a view overlooking the ocean and court yard. We found out the Riu Card is useless and that Vacations to Go books the worst (cheapest rooms). Wanted hundreds of dollars to move us. Sorry Riu. To many resorts that appreciate returning customers.We always went with a lot of friends. Riu lost our business. Also pool bar over run with children. Most people were very unhappy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico