Open today: 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Ways to Experience Cirque du Soleil JOYA
3,968 results
All reviews champagne package dinner show dinner experience front row great seats show starts joya circus theatre performers performance stage tickets storyline trampoline contortionist vip
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2021

Let me first say this review do not have anything to do with the show, I consider the performances were good unlike the service. This was the second time I visited the theatre; the first time was so amazing that I decided to take my boyfriend on December. I purchased VIP access because I thought I was worth it, basically the VIP access is only to skip the line to enter the theatre, no VIP service at all. Our host introduced himself and took us to our table, we sat down, and a champagne bottle was already on the table. The waitress arrived and explained us that the dinner is only for 1 hour, we told her that we were fine with it and we will finish the 3 courses in one hour. Then she explained us the appetizers and something called the "dragon shot" which is full of magic. we finished the appetizers, the main courses and dessert around 6:45pm. We still had half full the champagne bottle by that time. So, we were talking and enjoying the champagne before the show, suddenly it came to my mind that we never got the "dragon shot" that the waitress explained before, I asked her about it, and she replied that she forgot it and the show it is about to start and there is nothing she could do. She told me she can bring it to me but with the “magic” and I told her that I would like my boyfriend to enjoy the whole experience, she told me that after the show we must wait for her so she can bring it, I agree. Around 7:10pm We finished the bottle of champagne the show had 10 minutes since started, I waved to our host we came to our table and I told him that I would like to have another bottle of champagne, he replied that it was not possible because the show started, I told him we had purchased the VIP and the website said it was unlimited champagne and he replied that that service is during the dinner only. I was so shocked, basically the VIP ticket that includes dinner and unlimited champagne applies for 1 hour. He told me they have rules that after the show started waiters cannot be on areas because the actors use all the theatre for the performances, I understood that, but I told him nobody told us that, he was our host and never explained the rules, he told me that my waitress should informed me I replied that she never did, she forgot one course of our dinner so obviously she forgot to explain the rules. He told me he would check what he can do because the rules were that servers are not allowed to bring drinks once the show started. 10 minutes after we saw a server running to bring a bottle of champagne to the table that was just in front of ours. I waved our host again and I told him that I just saw how the table In front ours got a bottle of champagne whatever he was claiming it was not possible, at the end WAS POSSIBLE!! 10 more minutes and the waitress brought us a bottle of champagne and the “dragon shot without magic”. Conclusion: VIP ticket it is not worth it, service is bad. Basically, I was fighting what I paid for, if you are willing to drink unlimited champagne and have dinner within one hour you must get the VIP ticket otherwise you would get a bad experience.

Date of experience: December 2020
2  Thank hegreida
Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

We did the VIP package with dinner and it was wonderful. The food was the best I’ve had since I’ve been in Mexico. The waiters where very attentive and very personable. The show itself HS a very good story and my son and daughter absolutely loved it. I’d been wanting to take them to a cirque show for a long time and this fit them perfectly. My daughter is artsy and my son doesn’t like anything and they both loved the show! If you’re here in the area, especially at IBEROSTAR since it’s soooooo close, I highly recommend it and the story is very child friendly. Definitely a must do.

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

I really enjoyed the show but unfortunately an American woman was very drunk and she spiked throughout the whole show. She and her husband were arguing and the lady wouldn’t stop taking off her mask.

I brought up my concern to staff but the American lady was permitted to keep on talking during the show and not putting on her mask.

2  Thank pedromercadom1986
Reviewed 29 November 2020

I am a huge fan of Cirque du Soleil and make it a point to see the shows whenever I travel. I was so excited to see the one in Quintana Roo at the Cirque du Soleil Theater. Upon arriving the entire place is absolutely beautiful. It looks similar to one of the resorts with a restaurant, bar, store, and even a band playing. The theater is surrounded by water and there is a waterfall with lights. The entire place is magnificent.y

Then the show started. I was so disappointed with the show. If you have never seen a Cirque du Soleil show, you wouldn’t know what to expect, but I have seen several and I have never been disappointed until now. It was very apparent that the performers in the show had very little acrobatic and acting skills. There was one contortionist that did some contortions but it didn’t make any sense. The acrobats were extremely unskilled and basically hung from the ceiling or held each other’s hands and swung around. If you didn’t know any better you would probably think this was amazing, but it wasn’t. It was young people with very little skills doing semi brake dancing, jumping rope, juggling and hanging from the ceiling. No skills needed for what they were doing.

I was so incredibly disappointed that I walked out and asked for my money back and they refused. I don’t pay $75 for basic seating to see a show of young people brake dance and jumpIng rope. It seems that all the money people are paying for this show is going towards the building itself and not the show. I don’t even know what the show was really about because nothing flowed together. The only part worth seeing was the three young men on the trampoline. Other than that, I think the street performers in Tulum were better. Very disappointing. This show was not a good representation of Cirque du Soleil and it’s reputation for putting on an amazing show with beautiful choreography and talented performers. It made me not want to see another Cirque du Soleil show again and I didn’t think that was possible until now.

Date of experience: November 2020
2  Thank WendylBurton
Reviewed 29 September 2020

Was skeptical about going. Oh was I wrong. It is a must see! Food was off the charts and the show as even better. Everyone must go at least once!

Date of experience: November 2019