Residences El Faro(Playa del Carmen)
US$170
  • Pool
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$494
US$359
  • Beachfront
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$331
US$250
Barcelo.com
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$67
US$63
US$317
US$242
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$338
  • Breakfast included
The Carmen Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Xaman-ha 7016 Luxury Condominium(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$504
US$320
US$792
US$627
1,755 results
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnermega resortsocean view bungalowmayan dancerssmall hotelcevichebeach barrepeat guestsrental caryogurtall inclusivespalm treesocean frontrelaxing vacationgreat beachthe entire staffnight life
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I went for my 10th anniversary with my wife and chose the hotel basen on the reviews on Tripadvisor. In conclusion, the reviews are waht you get. The hotel is small, very clean, the service is really great and the room, even though not great, are fine. We stayed on a beach front bungalow. The room location was absolutely great, jsut in front of the beach. The room was clean and nice. A couple of drawbacks of the room: a little lack of privacy with the curtains open (the room is too near the beach), the room is very very dark ( i suggest them to put some white colour either on the walls or in the bed, it would definetely improve the room). Overall: we had a great time and partially because of the hotel. We recommend it.

Room Tip: Oceanfront Bungalow, get number 9 not number 1.
Reviewed 31 March 2011

My boyfriend and I just returned from a week long stay at Petit Lafitte. We stayed in an ocean view room and woke up to an amazing view of the beach. The staff is incredibly helpful and dedicated to great service. There were several families and couples staying at the hotel. The food is good -- though I would prefer more traditional Mexican dishes on the lunch and dinner menu. The beach is quiet and very clean. There is a popular swimming spot only 100 yds away. I cannot wait to return!

Reviewed 30 March 2011

Petit Lafitte, the successor to Posada del Capitan Lafitte, retains the laid back simplicity of it's predecessor. Even though the area's changed radically since my wife and I first visited there 22 years ago (Playa del Carmen was a tiny village, now it's a city of 50,000 plus), the beach is still magnificent and the owners have managed to insulate guests from the hubbub of the large hotels in the area. Dressing for dinner means putting on a shirt, and everyone is friendly. Staff is fantastic, and, as a testament to the owners, many staffers have been around for years (David the manager was the bartender in the 90's). The newly built rooms are great, and everything is clean and elegant, without being stuffy or pretentious at all. Foodnis good and plentiful Love it, just the way we did years ago.

Room Tip: Unless you need a tv, get one off the bungalows
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael643
Reviewed 30 March 2011

My wife and I experienced Mexico Playa Del Carmen for the very first time. After browsing Trip Advisor we stumble on the Petit Lafitte. The great reviews and the quietness was what we were looking for…

I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. We stayed in a ocean view bungalow. It was nice, clean and cozy. Loved the fact that there were no televisions. Reading and relaxation is what you get. It’s quiet and small enough that you are overwhelmed by too many patrons. There are ample chairs at the beach and enough distances between Le Petit Lafitte and those monstrous resorts.

The staff is superb, I give them A+… David, Javier, Geovanni, Jesus and the other 2 I cannot remember their names will bend backward to insure your every request I met. They made me a special dinner meal on my last night because I don’t eat seafood’s.

I will definitely return there and hope to see the same staff. David speaks 7 or 8 different language. English, French, Spanish, Dutch, Mayan. I can go on and on. The night meals were very diverse and never repeated themselves in the 6 days we were there.

Reviewed 23 March 2011

I stayed a week at Petit Lafitte for the first time at the end of February/beginning of March. Having been to a several all-inclusive resorts by now, I wanted to be in the Mayan Riviera with it's draws (great weather, the carribean sea, white sand, easy access from Toronto) but not the other elements found at the mega resorts (crowds, line-ups, excessive menu choices, low-quality beverages, noise.) I'd looked to TripAdvisor for recs for a winter holiday and reviews were consistent and in-line with what I was looking for. The PL seemed like an ideal option. This would be the first time not doing an AI vacation so there would be a bit more organizing to be done (researching flights, transfers, etc) but it turned out to be not much effort at all.

My experience was spot-on with most reported here. ALL service personnel were friendly, attentive and kind people. Accommodations were charming, clean and there was definitely nothing lacking. We stayed in a gardenview bungalow and it was really quiet. The breakfasts and dinners were absolutely delicious and thoughtfully prepared and presented – over the seven nights of dinners I did not see a single salad repeated amongst the generous variety served. Mexican night was my favorite. Lunch (not included in the room rate but reasonable) was a pleasant experience given the quality of the food, drink and beachfront setting.

There’s a modest pool and beachfront with plenty of loungers for everyone, so no jockeying for space or planning your day around getting a towel down early enough in the morning. That said getting up to watch the sunrise made for one of the best parts of the day sitting on the beach deck enjoying coffee with fellow early birds. The other guests were friendly and chilled-out, whether they’d been coming here for twenty years or new visitors. Seniors, couples, and young families with children all were part of the gang.

Other info that may be worth repeating:
Walking along the beach to Playa del Carmen in the early morning (taking about an hour and half) made for a great self-made excursion. Interesting to pass the massive property developments along the way as well as what's left of undeveloped tracts of beachfront.

Cab rides back from PdC weren't complicated as most taxi drivers know where the hotel is, and if not would know the Princess resort which is the same turn off the highway. Rates are fixed.

Didn’t make it to the zoo until the last day and should have gone sooner.

The true value of the Petit Lafitte is its simplicity. Whether you were in the three-storey building or one of the bungalows the beach was no further than a minute away. There is not much to do here other than to rest, relax, and restore. With no TV and noise at night bedtime was usually by 9pm and lots of people were out at the beach for sunrise. Nine to ten hour sleeps... This is on top of the siestas after a full day at the playa before dinner.

Looking forward to seeing our new friends next year at this gem.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple