Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)
US$154
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$400
US$289
  • Beachfront
US$244
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$67
Residences El Faro(Playa del Carmen)
US$170
  • Pool
Xaman-ha 7016 Luxury Condominium(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$153
The Carmen Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$171
US$725
US$518
Melia.com
1,759 results
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnermega resortsocean view bungalowmayan dancerssmall hotelcevichebeach barrepeat guestsrental caryogurtall inclusivespalm treesocean frontrelaxing vacationgreat beachthe entire staffnight life
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in a seaview room.

We liked:

* The room. Nice, clean rooms, soft beds and pillows (+++), clean bathroom
*The pool was clean
*The beach restaurant
*The nice and serviceminded staffs
*The amazing beach
*So relaxing place and beautiful garden
*Not too many rooms
*And a lots more

We didn´t liked:

* We paid extra for a seaview...but we only saw a little bit of ocean. The view was not the same as the picture of a seaview room we saw on Petit Lafittes website, before we booked our holiday. We had the worst location on our seaview room. That means, we paid as much as all other tourists that had a nice seaview for our partial seaview room. That room should be called partial seaview and should cost less than the other rooms with good seaview.

*There was not enough with sunbeds on the beach for everyone. So guests went up 6 am in the morning and reserved sunbeds with their towels, then they went back in their room and returned in the middle of the day. So if you was eating breakfast after 9.30 - you had no sunbeds on the beach for the whole day. Worst thing about that - the hotel accepted that.

*They served dinner for 7 pm at noon. If you wasn´t there at 7 pm, you had to wait for a table...because they hadn´t enought with tabels for their guests to eat at the same time. So when you finally get your table, some dishes was finished. Bad!!

Room Tip: If you want a nice seaview...then I recommed premium ocean view.
4  Thank Pluttan
Captainlafitte, General Manager at Petit Lafitte, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Dear Pluttan,
As anyone can imagine, a review like yours is expected to cause mixed feelings, we see that there were many things you liked about our place and then some things that you did not like.
First I'd like to say I am sorry you found some situations uncomfortable and displeasing.

The name of our rooms was based on the possibility of seeing the ocean from the room, and we decided to divide the rooms in 3 categories for each section, that means 3 for Bungalows and 3 for Regular hotel rooms.
We did not consider a good idea to use more names and categories and prices, things get very confusing for the guests when there are too many categoris, names and prices.
You probably got a room on the third or second building from the beach and your view must have been partially blocked by the palm trees that we planted 4 years ago and are partially blocking the view.
It is fair to add that in about one year the growth of those plam trees will be such that will no longer blcok the view from those rooms.
We will not cut them threes, they take long to grow and they create a nice shade and are pretty to see. So, fair enough, premium view rooms have a much better unrestricted view of the ocean, and so so the ocean front bungalows.
The other ocean view rooms allow you to se the ocean from the terrace but not from the bed.
We are currently debating the possibility of changing the naming of the rooms to something that does nto imply "view" in them. I think that will eventually happen.
I'd say for the next high season.
Beach chair situation, we'd figure that the 60 beach chairs, plus 15 pool side lounge chairs.would be sufficient, When full, we have around 90 guests total. It is rare that 90 guests will be sunbathing at the same time, so that's how we got our numbers. but we realize that due to some selfish behaviors, of a few guests (the ones who leave the beach for 2-3 hours or even more, but leave their towel to "reserve" their chair) ....sometimes 75 chairs are insufficient. One thing I disagree with you is that the hotel endorses or accepts this behavior, we, through our concierge often ask guests at high season to please not leave their towel, hogging the lounge chair, for the most part, guests of Petit Lafitte are very caring, understanding individuals, (just with few exceptions) so when situtions like this are brought to our attention, we do intervine to solve it. This makes me wonder if you addressed this issue with our staff.
Similar situation with the tables and food at dinner.
We serve dinner for an extension of 2 hours and 30 minutes. It is agood idea to arrive during the first half of that time so we have enough of the two options of entrees.
Every day, one is finished first, even when we prepare 6-10 extra portions of each. I guess sometime this happens, in a small operation, that uses all fresh ingredients.

I promise to take a closer look at this situations in order to avoid unpleasant situations. We take our guests vacations seriously and that is how we built our name, but evidently there are some high season issues that need to be handled.
I invited readers and potential guests to find me if situations like this happen more than once during their vacation at high season, I am sure we can alway offer options to satisfy their needs.

Thank you for your caring and thoughtful review, we always like when we are given something to process.
Also thank you for trying us and for commenting on your experience.

Iván A. Fuentes

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Our friends tipped us off to Petite Lafitte, what a spectacular place to get away from it all and relax. The staff was wonderful, very friendly and accommodating. It is a little piece of paradise. Two of my favourite activities were relaxing in a hammock and walks on the beach. The food was delicious and beautifully presented (also just the right amount). We loved the chicken sopes. The drinks were also sensational.

We stayed in a garden room and enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the afternoons. We met a lot of people that had been coming to Petite Lafitte for years and we could see why; we’ll be back too.

1  Thank JBGeorge

Dear J.B. George,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about Petit Lafitte.
We are so happy to hear that you followed your friends (the ones who recommended us) advice, I hope you can also pass the word about us. While designng and building Petit Lafitte we thought hammocks and walks on the beach were probably the one thing to do..."do nothing" is often so hard to do! We are glad to see that you agreed.

Glad to hear you liked our food and met a lot of old time Lafitters, as far as we are concerned, there are vacancies in the club.
You are welcomed.

When you return, ask about me, I will buy you a round of Margaritas or beers to celebrate your induction.

Until then, be well my friend,

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I chose the hotel on-line based on the reviews of other travelers. I was NOT disappointed. The hotel is small and many of the staff knew our names by the second day. David, the concierge was most helpful whenever we had a question. We had an ocean view room and could walk from our room right to the Ocean. My wife had two messages while we were there and was very happy with the service. By the end of our trip we knew many of the staff by name since we saw them every day and felt right at home. If you are looking for a small diamond in the middle of the large resorts that is quiet and clean, this the place for you.

Room Tip: The Ocean view room and the ability to walk right to the beach were great!
1  Thank Roger K
Captainlafitte, General Manager at Petit Lafitte, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Roger K,
Thank you for your visit and your review, but above all, Thank you for considering our little resort a Diamond in the middle of all the huge resorts.
I am glad you and your wife had a very pleasant stay, massages and food.
We plan to maintain our standards of service and David is a key element in the program, so next time you are here, you will see the same (if not higher) standards of quality in servce.
Thanks again and see you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

My wife and I returned to Petite Lafitte for a second time this year and were not at all disappointed. We found it to be just as fantastic as it had been the year before: the staff was wonderful, the food fantastic, and the drinks well mixed and plentiful! The review I posted from last year still stands true – we found this resort to be wonderfully secluded. The only thing I’d update from my previous review is that the wifi signal seems to have been boosted as I had no issues connecting from my room.

What surprised us the most on this visit was that we recognized a number of hotel guests that were down at Petit Lafitte the year before! If that’s not a glowing recommendation, I’m not sure what is! We’ll definitely be going back!

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are set back farther from the beach and don't have as much wind. None of the rooms are more than a 30 second walk from the ocean so there's no real issue with access.

Hi Brian_Davis,

How delightful to read in your review:
1.- That you are now a repeat costumer and that plan to add more visits to your history.
2.- That you are also repeating at reviewing Lafitte.
It shows sensibilty, and commitment. We are honored to be recipient of such energy and input.
Nice that you noticed that the wifi signal has been boosted, indeed we installed a new, more potent antenna, funny that is the only difference you found....thanks for mentioning it!
We also found it a nice awareness that you noticed how some of the guests staying this time, while you were here, were the same as last year...."deja vu" or perhaps you never left...life's an illusion isn't it?
Thank you for your kind review and your intentions of return, we will be honored to see that happen.

Best Regards to you and your wife.

Sincerely

Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband & I just returned from 8 nights @ Petit & we fell in love with the place & the staff!
Our flight was delayed & we arrived in the evening, driving down this tropical jungle road, which was lit with torches and looked magical, to start our magnificient week. We were checked in promptly, shown around & offered dinner even though the dinner service had ended. We stayed in one of the beach bungalows, which we loved. Like others have said before, if you are looking for luxury, Petit is not the place, but if you are looking for natural beauty, a magnificient beach & friendly, helpful staff, there is no where we have been that's better!

The bartenders Jesus, Victor & Manuel Bee were wonderful & entertaining. Davide made sure everything was great & went out of his way to greet you & check in with you. Javier, Antonio & the rest of the wait staff do a superb job of serving and Guillermo was an absolute pleasure to meet. His passion & philosophy about Petit are one of the reasons it is so wonderful!

Our room was clean and although the beds were hard, neither my husband's or my back ever hurt & we slept beautifully each night. We would sit outside on our porch each evening, having drinks & listening to the waves. We did not get one single bug bite during our entire stay. It was amazing!

Breakfast was delicious with a buffet of fresh fruit, cereal, yougurt, granola, pancakes, french toast & sweet rolls each morning & a menu of omelets & every type of mexican specialty breakfast you could want. I asked for fried eggs, bacon & toast & was happily accomodated. Dinner always included a delicious salad bar & a fabulous soup along with 2 choices for an entree or a buffet was provided. Everything was fresh & delicious, although the food in the buffet could have been kept hotter.

There are many animals in the back of the resort. Wander back there & don't be alarmed if a man with a machete in his hand appears & beckons you with the machete to follow. You won't be disappointed. He will show you minature deer, antlered deer, turkeys, pheasants, peacocks, macaws, toucans, african grey parrot & capybaras.

Petit arranged a taxi for us to go into PDC in the evenings & we rented one for the day & traveled to the Tulum Ruins, Casa Cenote in Tankah & Akumal. The drivers were always polite, professional & informative.

Both my husband & I agree it is our new "home". We always felt extremely safe. I even told my friends that I could see myself staying there by myself if something ever happened to my husband. I was that comfortable there. We can't wait to return, to swim in the beautiful Carribean Sea, lie on the gorgeous white sand beach, drink delicious Cuba Libres & lay dreamily in one of the hammocks....absolute paradise found!!!!

2  Thank Leslie608
Captainlafitte, General Manager at Petit Lafitte, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Leslie608,
We are delighted to read your extensive review. I am very happy to see presonal names of staff members and specially Guillermo's, our operations manager who is progressively gaining experience and command of his duties, as with almost every one else, we work with the philosophy of hiring "attitude (good one)" and then training staff for the skills, it is a long and winding road, but certainly it is the one that gives us the results.
Thank you for noticing.
On a separate note,
We have added extra soft foam pad on top of the beds in all rooms since you were here.
We were actually in the process as you were here, but we decided to begin with the standard rooms.
As far as calling Petit Lafitte, your "new home," we are thrilled to welcome you into the family, It only makes sense that you want to call Paradise your home.
Thank you on both accounts and "MI casa es su casa"

Sincerely