Petit Lafitte
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cocos Cabanas(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Viceroy Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Ocean Riviera Paradise(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Le Reve Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort(Playa del Carmen)
1,736 results
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnermega resortsocean view bungalowmayan dancerssmall hotelcevichebeach barrepeat guestsrental caryogurtall inclusivesocean frontpalm treesrelaxing vacationgreat beachthe entire staffnight life
Reviewed 22 July 2017

This review is WAY overdue as I'm horrible at writing reviews. We were at Petit Lafitte for my brother's wedding, this was my brother's second stay at this place. Ivan was sort of our main person to talk to for everything and he made sure that my family and all of my brother's friends had a grand time. It is a small family business. Everyone who works there was super friendly and personable. We all are a fan of hot sauce so every night at dinner they made sure to bring homemade hot sauce, and every night it was a different version of hot sauce. Some of the best ones I've ever tasted.

We all had a mix of bungalows and rooms, both were very comfortable. I did love Bungalows the most though, just SO cute. They had hammocks on the beach and beach was super private.

We had most of our meals at the hotel and they were all delicious. One thing to note is that one night we all were running late coming back from Chichen Itza, and were missing the dinner time. HOWEVER, the staff stayed late, after coordinating with my brother on our return time, to make sure we get dinner. You don't get this level of service at a mega resort. This is a small place so you get to know the staff very well and you see the same people around which adds to its charm.

I was there in June 2016, there was a mega resort being built next door which probably have made the beach more crowded but I'm pretty sure it has not taken anything away from this cute place's charm. I read some other reviews on here which did say that even with the new neighbors, the place is still a paradise :) I highly recommend this place and can't wait to be back there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Saiawan
Ivan F, Director of Sales at Petit Lafitte, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Hola Saiawan!!!

What a nice surprise! Yes it’s been over a year since your brother’s wedding!
We miss you all. Really, I recently came across some photos of the wedding and I remember how eclectic and fun the whole group was. From various walks of life and ethnicities! A beautiful crowd. For me it was a great honor to coordinate the wedding and to work with K&T during a year’s time.
I hope you get to return and see that we conserve the atmosphere and the relaxed, friendly, yet efficient service level.
Thank you for your review!

Enjoy life and see you next time!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

This is about our 5th time staying at Petit Lafitte. We will never stay anywhere else in Mexico again. The place is a small resort right on the beach with the option of hotel rooms or beach bungalows. The bungalows are by far my favorite. They are like little rustic cabins that are extremely nice inside and very clean right on the beach. This is the place to go if you are looking to relax and get away from the stress of work or home life. The staff is amazing and always willing to go above and beyond for everyone.

The food is the best I have had in Mexico with a sit down breakfast and dinner as well as lunch from the bar by the pool. The service at every meal was impeccable.

As my title states it truly is a little piece of paradise!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank dorotha2017
Ivan F, Director of Sales at Petit Lafitte, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Hola Dorotha,

Your 5 visits to Petit Lafitte are a testament to a solid connection between us. Your loyalty means a lot to us, I often ponder on how this coast has changed over the course of the years and how the massive tourism finally won Riviera Maya.
We hope to continue providing what we like to think of as an “Oasis of Sanity” and your loyalty makes it all worthwhile.

With guest like you, we will continue our journey being an alternative to the norm.

Thank you for doing your part.

Truly,

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from a family vacation at the Petite LaFitte. We chose this location based upon reviews read on Trip Advisor and its small, relaxing atmosphere.

Initially, we planned to take several daylong excursions during our stay, but we - along with our 33 year old daughter and 12 year old granddaughter - enjoyed the total relaxation and beautiful scenery offered at the Petite LaFitte. We made only one excursion.

It is very family friendly and the entire staff is most helpful and always greets guests with a positive word.

The only negative would be their "spotty" WiFi connection. There are three settings: Hotel, Restaurant, and Bar but neither gives a good signal to the bungalows. Of course we did not go to surf the web.

The breakfasts and dinners are delicious and a quick snack or even burger may be ordered at the bar.

Lay in one of their many hammocks under the coconut palms or thatched huts and your problems will disappear.

We plan to return!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Beacham M

How nice to see that you, your wife, daughter and granddaughter had a wonderful time at Petit Lafitte. Yes trip Advisor works nicely except for a minute amount of people who don’t process well what they read. :D We’re glad you were able to find the elements that made your vacation relaxing, pleasant and satisfying. From the staff to the food, atmosphere and drinks!
Thank you for your visit and for your review.
We truly hope your idea of a possible return, becomes a reality some day.

All the best!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

To put this in perspective, I will say that we have been traveling to Mexico for 20 years, and have stayed in all kinds of resorts. This was our second trip to Petit Lafitte, and it won't be our last. We love everything about it: It's small and the beach is steps away from anywhere on the property. It's casual, so we don't have to dress up for dinner like we do at the big all-inclusives. It has great food and drinks. And it's full of welcoming, wonderful people who remember your name and make your vacation that much better. The only possible area for improvement would be updating the rooms, especially in regard to lighting and counter space around the sink. The rooms here are definitely rustic, but very clean. We have stayed in the 3rd floor oceanfront room and the oceanfront cabana, and can't decide which we like better! Both were just wonderful--the ocean was right there in front of us--and both were probably the best located (and reasonable-priced) rooms we have ever stayed in! As others have noted, if you are looking for a big, fancy, noisy place, this is not the resort for you. But if you are looking to relax in a beautiful place with over-the-top service and nice people all around, you won't find a better resort than Petit Lafitte.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ivan F, Director of Sales at Petit Lafitte, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear sonowmomColorado!

It was nice seeing you and T. again after your first trip a year ago.
We’re really glad you tried Bungalow 9 this time after trying 506 last year.
Yes, the best views in the house for sure.
Thank you for visiting us and for resonating with us. We are really honored to have you repeat. You guys are seasoned travelers and your preference means a lot to us.
We will take your advice for illumination in the rooms and shelf space. You will see!

Take care and enjoy your Colorado Summer!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2017

My wife and I returned this past Spring to our home away from home: Petit Lafitte. Joining us this year was my Mother and her sister (my aunt). In terms of age, there is a diverse mix of young families with toddlers to older folks like us. Each trip we make new friends and this year we met John and Carol who, like us, are long-timers whose roots go back to the old days at Kialuum.
The staff at Petit Lafitte are the best. Believe me, you will never receive this type of service at a huge All Inclusive chain resort. One example on this trip was the assistance provided to my Mother. She is in her 80’s and still gets around well. However, she does have issues with her back. She told me that she was having a little trouble navigating the bungalow steps because it did not have a hand rail. I mentioned this to David, Petit Lafitte concierge. The next morning when going to breakfast, I noticed a couple of workmen installing a handrail on my Mother’s bungalow steps. Wow!

For over 30 years, the owners, management and staff have successfully created a business model that emphasizes a relaxed, family oriented environment, personal service and great food. They also provide some form of entertainment on most nights. If you come, you may even get to see Sales Manager, Ivan Fuentes and the Mystic Monkeys play.

The restaurant is a treat. Two full meals (breakfast and dinner) are included in your daily rate. Breakfast is a menu choice of various offerings. Very good. Dinner is a choice of two specials for the evening, but a menu choice is an option if necessary. We never found the dinner menu necessary however. The meals are 3 to 4 courses and we found all to be delicious. Here is a tip. Whenever asked for salad or soup, always ask for soup, or both. Every type of soup made was fantastic. Waiters, Manuel, Tony, Martin and others are top notch and have a great sense of humor. Oh yes, a good wine selection exists here too. Also, our daughter-in-law is vegetarian, and all accommodations were made for her dietary requirements. A lunch grill is located at the pool/beach bar with a menu of affordable offerings.

The pool/beach bar is manned by Jesus and Victor – known on You-Tube as 2 of the best bartenders in Mexico! That they are. Both grow their own mint for the Mojitos that they make. As opposed to many all-inclusive mega resorts, top brands of alcohol may be found here.

Another new mega resort has open on this beach. This time, they are next door to the north. This means there is more traffic on the beach and more people in the water, but what can anyone do about that? Progress, right? Ja! Petit Lafitte moves forward and preserves the same type of laid back atmosphere that they always have.

If you are looking for a more authentic Mexican/Mayan resort that will give you a sense of what the Mexican Caribbean may have been like 30 years ago then Petit Lafitte is your place. My wife and I are proud to say that we know this remarkable staff and that we always meet guests there that are interesting people as well. Petit Lafitte continues to uphold the old motto of Capitan Lafitte, where they offer an environment that is “simply different.”

We hope to return and see our old friends again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank palapaboy

Dear palapaboy and B,

Thank you for making of Petit Lafitte, your home away from home. For bringing your mother and aunt this time and other family in the past. For sharing music stories, wine, great conversations and even a bit of nostalgia.
We have built a solid relationship that has endured the test of time, (and storms) over the years. BTW. Please be safe now in Texas. Harvey seems to be a serious storm. Here it left just a bit of rain.
Thank you for your review and see you next time!

All the best!