Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$288
US$242
Bookit.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$356
US$266
Official Website
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$150
  • Breakfast included
The Reef Coco Beach(Playa del Carmen)
US$181
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Be Playa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)
US$154
US$149
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$410
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$2,396
Hotelpower.com
1,775 results
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnermega resortsocean view bungalowmayan dancerssmall hotelcevichebeach barrental caryogurtall inclusivesocean frontpalm treesrelaxing vacationgreat beachthe entire staffnight lifethe wait staff
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We LOVED Petit Lafitte. It's a small hotel, with 55 units, and somewhat secluded, down a little dirt road, but when you get there, you're in this slice of paradise. Terrific service from Eduardo and Miguel at the front desk, and the wait staff like Antonio, Manuel and Martin were superb. Before long we were making friends with other guests, and it felt like we were all part of a special club of people who are all in on a secret! Pool area is lovely, the beachside bar is great for drinks and lunch, and the breakfasts and dinners were delicious too. Can't recommend this highly enough. Only negatives were the mosquitoes, which the staff were surprised at how prevalent they were. Wouldn't stop me returning, I'd just bring more insect repellent.

Room Tip: Bungalows are great for families, with a loft area for kids.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NiceblokeSF
Ivan F, Director of Sales at Petit Lafitte, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear NiceblokeSF,

From here to Petaluma CA, go our greetings to you and your family.
This is a place for friendship, and yes…It is kind of a secret. More than just a little hotel on the beach. It has a spirit that you evidently captured. Some summer rains bring mosquitoes, yes that is a fact, as is that some repellent will take care of that. Thank you for your visit and more for your kind review.

Until our paths cross again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2017

My friend and I visited PLF in February 2017 - same week as last year. As we approached the lobby, we were greeted with a "welcome home!" The hotel manager remembered us from the year before - what a great feeling. And no sooner do we get checked in, but a family that we had met last year showed up to check in as well. Talk about a homecoming!

This year, we stayed in a bungalow that had a garden view. It was toward the back of the property but it had a lovely view of a fountain and a hammock garden. It was a short walk to the restaurant, bar and beach.

The service and food are still amazing. The hotel staff are great people, you can see that they genuinely care about the guests and they enjoy their jobs. They always make you feel welcome and appreciated.

The beach area in that region of PDC seems to be changing. We did notice a lot more seaweed than the year prior. We walked over to the next hotel and swam there. It was not that big a deal since we had a group of other guests we were sitting with to keep an eye on our belongings. The beach staff do their best to keep it clean, but Mother Nature has other ideas of how she is running the show. This is definitely NOT a reason to stay away from PLF. This hotel is a gem and it will make you want to come back every year!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank gemi3886

Dear Gemi3886.

We really love that you and S, returned for a second visit this 2017.
Thank you! I am glad that you liked the your Bungalow 24 in the new section, close to the jungle. We really appreciate your comments and you getting the “family feel” as you perceive, it is genuine. It is easy to see that our staff really feels it. Whenever we get someone new trying for a position, (which is not often) they either resonate and integrate or they don’t resonate and leave soon. That is how we have managed to create this team of believers who treat our guests like precious friends or extended family.
Yes, the beach configuration has changed some and now the new challenge is to maintain the atmosphere and feel of “hidden gem” that many have talked about in the 10 years since we opened.
We hope to have you again in the future.
Stay happy, healthy and traveling, Oh and thank you for your input on facebook.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This small little gem has excellent accommodations, service, and food. Pure relaxation. It you want a truly "down-time" quite vacation, this is the place to go. We stayed in the ocean bungalows. You can actually walk out of your front door and step into the sand.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Ivan F, Director of Sales at Petit Lafitte, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear WeezieDee,

As I write this response I know you and a lot of Houstonians are having a terrible time facing the damage of Hurricane Harvey and the ensuing floods. Our thoughts and prayers are with all our guests from Texas.
We hope things go back to normal soon and that you get to remember the lovely time you spend during your 50th birthday celebration at Petit Lafitte. It sounds like you had a great time and were able to relax and enjoy the beach, service, bungalows and the company of your friends.

Stay safe and we hope to see you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Great staff and delicious breakfast. There was more seaweed on the beach this time and rocks in the water made it less inviting to swim. New mega resort next door meant lots more people and vendors walking the beach.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ivan F, Director of Sales at Petit Lafitte, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Hola Mary and H,

Thank you for your recent visit to Petit Lafitte! It is at least the second one.
Yes there have been changes from your previous visit in November of 2016. In my country they call it progress, but I have my own feelings, it can be done with a lot less impact for sure. We luckily are tucked in our patch of jungle and beachfront that still allow us to preserve the relaxed atmosphere. Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you and your husband again someday.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2017

This review is WAY overdue as I'm horrible at writing reviews. We were at Petit Lafitte for my brother's wedding, this was my brother's second stay at this place. Ivan was sort of our main person to talk to for everything and he made sure that my family and all of my brother's friends had a grand time. It is a small family business. Everyone who works there was super friendly and personable. We all are a fan of hot sauce so every night at dinner they made sure to bring homemade hot sauce, and every night it was a different version of hot sauce. Some of the best ones I've ever tasted.

We all had a mix of bungalows and rooms, both were very comfortable. I did love Bungalows the most though, just SO cute. They had hammocks on the beach and beach was super private.

We had most of our meals at the hotel and they were all delicious. One thing to note is that one night we all were running late coming back from Chichen Itza, and were missing the dinner time. HOWEVER, the staff stayed late, after coordinating with my brother on our return time, to make sure we get dinner. You don't get this level of service at a mega resort. This is a small place so you get to know the staff very well and you see the same people around which adds to its charm.

I was there in June 2016, there was a mega resort being built next door which probably have made the beach more crowded but I'm pretty sure it has not taken anything away from this cute place's charm. I read some other reviews on here which did say that even with the new neighbors, the place is still a paradise :) I highly recommend this place and can't wait to be back there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Saiawan

Hola Saiawan!!!

What a nice surprise! Yes it’s been over a year since your brother’s wedding!
We miss you all. Really, I recently came across some photos of the wedding and I remember how eclectic and fun the whole group was. From various walks of life and ethnicities! A beautiful crowd. For me it was a great honor to coordinate the wedding and to work with K&T during a year’s time.
I hope you get to return and see that we conserve the atmosphere and the relaxed, friendly, yet efficient service level.
Thank you for your review!

Enjoy life and see you next time!