Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$494
US$359
  • Beachfront
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$331
US$250
US$317
US$242
  • Breakfast included
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$68
US$64
Residences El Faro(Playa del Carmen)
US$170
  • Pool
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$338
  • Breakfast included
The Carmen Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$169
  • Breakfast included
Xaman-ha 7016 Luxury Condominium(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$504
US$320
US$792
US$627
1,065 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcatch restaurantthe main hotelhotel is centrally locatedamazing hoteltequila tastingbeach clubhotel experienceluxury hotellight sleepersister propertybeach accesswould highly recommend this hotelspecial thanksthe entire stafftacosour honeymoon
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Words couldn't describe how much I love the Thompson. Upon arrival I was mesmerized by the architecture, staff, and the amazing city. And the rooftop is simply breathtaking- icing on the cake. Everyone is beyond helpful and willing to go the extra mile. From valet, to the AMAZING front desk staff! (You all deserve a personalized shout out!) the pool staff and even the lovely very polite staff in other areas. Service is prime, location is prime, the restaurants are incredible. Worth every penny!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMSarante
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

The Thompson is located in the city's pedestrian zone. Shopping, dining, bars and nightclubs are all within easy walking distance. If you want to be in the heart of the action, this is the place for you. If you're looking for something more tranquil, another venue might suit you better. The rooftop pool was amazing. The hotel's restaurants were very good. The staff was very friendly, and everyone went the extra mile to help. As the rooftop disco goes until 2 AM, ask for a room in the "quiet wing". Take advantage of the beach at the Thompson Beachhouse, two blocks from the main hotel.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2016

It's everything else you want it to be, though, a panoramic breakfast area, luxury all day rooftop pool lounge, great nighttime restaurant under the stars and a one of Playa's most beautiful nightclubs.
But don't come here if you want to sleep. Even without the noise from the club on the rooftop, your ears will still be tortured by the incessant party noise of the adjacent streets. And this until 4-5 am, with just a break on Sundays...
When we complained about this and wanted to be moved to the Beach property (which has its share of noise, but just during daytime construction). the reception desk manager was either incapable or unwilling to cooperate (this remark relates to the managing associates only ; all other staff was extremely friendly and helpful).
Having staid at Hotel Unique several times in the past, a hotel which is similar in many ways (happening rooftop in the middle of a large city, Sao Paulo in this case), I know the problem can be solved. The insonorized windows there do the job and keep your room in total tranquility.
Thompson Playa hotel looks great and this is really a missed opportunity, which can be solved if the domestic owners of the property would just spend the pesos for new windows throughout...to be continued, I hope.

Room Tip: Stay at the Beach House property and spend your afternoons and evenings at the city property
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Luca_Cacciatore
Reviewed 17 April 2016

My husband and I stayed here for two nights of a seven night vacation. I saw photos of the rooftop pool and just had to book a room here. I booked through Southwest which I found to be the best rate. I had to pay additional fees and valet fees upon arrival. Wifi was free at least, which was nice. The front desk staff was nice. The entrance to the hotel is on a street where vehicles are not allowed, and they have no designated area to park your car, so we would just pull off on the side of the nearest road and my husband would stay in the car while I ran and fetched a valet guy. It was only slightly annoying. The hotel itself is super nice and has beautiful artwork and furnishings. The bathroom had see-through walls so there was no privacy, even in the shower, in case that is important to you. The prices of drinks and food seemed to be higher than elsewhere in Playa del Carmen, so we spent a few hours lounging on the rooftop pool one day and then spent our time elsewhere. To us, it felt like staying in South Beach Miami, which was not the vibe we were going for. The rooftop pool was beautiful, but for the price and the vibe, I don't think we will stay here again. Also, there was jack hammering and chiseling right outside our balcony the entire time we were there, even waking us up early in the morning, so we did not spend much time in the room. I looked outside one morning and there were two guys on a lift working on the stone below our balcony. If our curtains had been opened they would have been able to see right into our room. It was a little unsettling.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Megan M
Reviewed 14 April 2016

Both Thompson Playa del Carmen and Thompson Beach House are beautiful properties, with gorgeous views of Quinta Avenida, and the crystal clear waters of the Riviera Maya. Every room feels like a suite and very luxurious. I highly recommend dining at all three restaurants during your visit: Cinco, Catch, and C-Grill. Every meal was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business