“Totally Amazing Experience”

Nueva Vida de Ramiro
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This was a destination wedding for a very good friend and we were in a group of 12 total by the wedding day. I'd never been to Mexico, and by the end of the trip I felt like I had the full experience! The hotel is part of the scenery with the bungalows situated along the beach and in the jungle. Our bungalow, Pajaro Azul, was virtually a 2 floor home with a deck and balcony, many windows, a big comfy bed with mosquito net, and a huge open bathroom. I'd definitely go back! The whole week was filled with amazing food, relaxation, and good times with friends. What a dream. The breakfasts at Casa Banana were delicious and we definitely got used to the slow pace of life (had to!). The taxis were plentiful and it was possible to get everywhere you wanted with them for a price. (ie. 90 pesos to the ruins, etc) The waiters and drivers did not speak much English, and I'd probably try to learn more before the next trip. Also, change more money into pesos than you think, things are more expensive than I thought they'd be, and you get better deals if you use pesos. The beach is amazing, and the weather was great. A few quick tropical rainstorms but nothing big. Fun beach to play in the water! I couldn't believe the quality of the food and the variety as well. Our large group dinners sometimes seemed to overwhelm the waitstaff (not used to American tourists perhaps :)) but all went well and ended with smiles. I debated writing this review because I'd rather keep this part of the world the way it is forever! Oh yeah, don't worry about the lack of electricity - the rooms have hard wired lamps/fans and some houses have plugs and there is a computer with Internet and charging station in the (open air!) lobby, if you need that sort of thing. Don't expect to make calls though!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank HoboHealth

Reviewed 30 November 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 8 days and can't find the words to describe how amazing this place is! It's family run and operated and it shows. The staff were beyond wonderful, warm, welcoming, friendly and kind. There's a happy vibe here and it's genuine. Ricardo and Rodger are amazing people with wonderful spirits. Ricardo went above and beyond to help us when we had a major problem with a car rental company. All in all we felt like family and we will be back! I personally have stayed at another hotel in Tulum and although it was also excellent, it didn't have the same vibe. I now feel as though I am part of the family and next time I come back I will be coming home. The room was beautiful, the beach is amazing and the service is unbeatable. From the reception to the girls cleaning the rooms to the guys setting up the beach, unbeatable service. Best place in Tulum!! Hands down. Big 5 star!! With love from Geri and Fridel. Nos encanto la nueva Vidal,escuchar las historians de la familia. Nos enamoramos de La nueva Vida.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank GeriK201
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed in #2, the junior suite closest to the water and had an excellent time. The staff, Roger in particular, was exceptional and helped us with excursions and day to day questions. #2 has probably the best view of the beach and NVR has one of the positions of all the resorts in Tulum.

The room was basic and a little dated, but again was what we expected. Casa Banana was closed and consequently there was no beach service while we were there... we were disappointed with. You are close to serveral great bars and resturants. Bring a flashlight/headlamp to get around at night.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HRaeP
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Cant fault this place. Arrived and offered cold beer. Upgraded to a beachfront room with mosquito net (useful), no air con (so what), outside shower...All good.

Beach 20 metres away. We had breakfast on the beach one day which ws great. Stunning location. Good breakfast. We were only there two days so i cant say more but would have happily stayed longer.

Room Tip: This is not a complaint but the sea was pretty noisy so did wake me up - but hey thats nature for yo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Munromartin
Reviewed 1 November 2011

If you are looking for an elegant low key resort in which to get away from your daily stress-filled life, look no further. If you hate large, noisy tourist filled hotels this is the place for you. We first stayed at La Ola and then moved to Hechizo de Luna. Both are unique and charming. I preferred the more simple, rustic Ola but my husband wanted the fancier Hechizo de Luna. The owners and staff are wonderful and very attentive. I can't say enough about the amazing beach just steps away from your front door. I have never seen as many stars at night as I did while on the balcony of our cabin. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2011