All reviews casa banana la zebra ocean breeze banana bread every morning beach beds beach service hanging beds eco lodge salt water tulum beach fresh fruit outdoor shower mosquito net sea turtles sound of the waves included breakfast
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 8 days and can't find the words to describe how amazing this place is! It's family run and operated and it shows. The staff were beyond wonderful, warm, welcoming, friendly and kind. There's a happy vibe here and it's genuine. Ricardo and Rodger are amazing people with wonderful spirits. Ricardo went above and beyond to help us when we had a major problem with a car rental company. All in all we felt like family and we will be back! I personally have stayed at another hotel in Tulum and although it was also excellent, it didn't have the same vibe. I now feel as though I am part of the family and next time I come back I will be coming home. The room was beautiful, the beach is amazing and the service is unbeatable. From the reception to the girls cleaning the rooms to the guys setting up the beach, unbeatable service. Best place in Tulum!! Hands down. Big 5 star!! With love from Geri and Fridel. Nos encanto la nueva Vidal,escuchar las historians de la familia. Nos enamoramos de La nueva Vida.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank GeriK201
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed in #2, the junior suite closest to the water and had an excellent time. The staff, Roger in particular, was exceptional and helped us with excursions and day to day questions. #2 has probably the best view of the beach and NVR has one of the positions of all the resorts in Tulum.

The room was basic and a little dated, but again was what we expected. Casa Banana was closed and consequently there was no beach service while we were there... we were disappointed with. You are close to serveral great bars and resturants. Bring a flashlight/headlamp to get around at night.

1  Thank HRaeP
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Cant fault this place. Arrived and offered cold beer. Upgraded to a beachfront room with mosquito net (useful), no air con (so what), outside shower...All good.

Beach 20 metres away. We had breakfast on the beach one day which ws great. Stunning location. Good breakfast. We were only there two days so i cant say more but would have happily stayed longer.

Room Tip: This is not a complaint but the sea was pretty noisy so did wake me up - but hey thats nature for you
2  Thank Munromartin
Reviewed 1 November 2011

If you are looking for an elegant low key resort in which to get away from your daily stress-filled life, look no further. If you hate large, noisy tourist filled hotels this is the place for you. We first stayed at La Ola and then moved to Hechizo de Luna. Both are unique and charming. I preferred the more simple, rustic Ola but my husband wanted the fancier Hechizo de Luna. The owners and staff are wonderful and very attentive. I can't say enough about the amazing beach just steps away from your front door. I have never seen as many stars at night as I did while on the balcony of our cabin. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank themakeuppro
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I stayed in #11, Amor Eterno. We had a gorgeous view of the beach, which was hands down the best beach I have ever seen. The water was crystal clear, warm, and a stunning turquoise blue. The whole property was just gorgeous. I loved our cabana ... I did not come to the beach to watch TV, so I did not miss that one bit! I was happy to learn that they had recently installed an electrical outlet so that we could charge our phones in our room. It was actually a bit chilly at night, but during the day the weather was perfect. Our room was clean and comfortable ... could not ask for anything more. As a perfect end to our trip, on the last day there were about 150 baby sea turtles that hatched and we got to help release them into the ocean. This was a once in a lifetime experience for me that I will never forget!!! If there was any negative about the hotel it would be the restaurant - we did not eat there other than for breakfast because it was extremely expensive. But, we were able to find many other options for dining so this really was not a problem. We will definitely be back!!!

3  Thank Jessica C