Pacha Tulum(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$193
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

Zamas(Tulum)
US$139
US$397
US$331
US$153
US$147
Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$306/night.

US$130
US$122
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$211/night.

US$450
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$510/night.

Azulik(Tulum)
US$360
Book now, pay at stay
US$393
All reviewscasa bananala zebrabreakfast deliveredocean breezebanana breadevery morningbeach bedsbeach serviceeco lodgehanging bedssalt water showerstulum beachfresh fruitoutdoor showersea turtlesbeachfront bungalowour honeymoon
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed in room 19 viento del mar for 7 nights. Clean, spacious and nice view of the ocean. My husband was worried about having no a/c but there was an electric fan which was nice. As well there was a very good breeze when the doors where open. The beach to us, seemed like the nicest in the area. Always clean, Wide and very private. Beach beds,chairs and umbrellas were great and spaced far away from the neighbors. Service was friendly. Casa Banana's breakfasts were delicious. We felt it NVR was fairly priced and we can hardly wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

When we first arrived after a long day of travel, all we wanted to do was get in bed. Unfortunately, our sheets were completely stained and had a bug and a black hair in them! Since there are no phones in the room, my husband had to hike all the way back to the lobby to ask for clean sheets (we stayed in the corazon section which is furthest from the lobby). Fortunately Jorge and his crew changed the sheets, but they seemed annoyed. Then we turned on our fan and the front cover of it fell off. I was suddenly getting very worried about how the rest of our week was going to turn out. The next morning we watched the sun rise from our bed and we went to breakfast at Casa Banana. We loved the fruit, coffee, fresh orange juice and bread that was included with our stay. Hubby loved the homemade jam as well! We were so surprised to see that our room had been cleaned while we were at breakfast (a nice touch). The view from our room, Pasion, was beautiful and was the 2nd to last building of the property. A great and private location. I liked the little sink at the foot of our stairs to rinse our sandy feet. Next we went down to the beach and enjoyed the comfy bed and chairs laid out right in front of our room. We asked for an umbrella and it was set up right away. I only wish the waiter would have come out to the beach a little more often to take food and drink orders.
The next day we rented bikes from the front desk and rode to the pueblo and all around the Tulum hotel zone ($10/person). The following day Roger booked a driver to take us to Coba and 3 cenotes ($120 for the day). Since we were to leave early that day, we asked for breakfast to be delivered to our room. It never came, so we had to high tail it down to Casa Banana and rush to gobble it down before our driver arrived. When we returned from Coba, we couldn't wait to take showers, but noticed that our soap and shampoo had not been replaced and we were left with a tiny sliver of soap to share between the 2 of us and a drop of shampoo (hubby was not eager to hike to the lobby once again to ask for something). IMO the shampoo and soap should be replenished every day. Overall, we had a great trip. The location of NVR and the beach is amazing and we had total privacy. I would have liked a little more hospitality from the front desk, nicer sheets, bed linens and towels, and I wish the floors in our room were a little cleaner. Just a few little amenities to make the trip more enjoyable :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank egen
nvrami, Owner at Nueva Vida de Ramiro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

It grieves us not have had a good start with you, sometimes human errors do happen. I wanted to assure you that persons involved in these failures, are now aware and we have taken corrective measures so that does not happen again.

NV is a family owned hotel and am involved in every aspect of daily service. We take intoaccount your comments and suggestions, they are the basis of continuous improvement that a hotel needs. Also your suggestions make perfect sense, thank you
We hope to serve you again and offer lots of homemade jam to your husband!!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

It was really a wonderful place, room was big and clean, view was amazing, service was really nice. The beach was always clean we have nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Fabulous setting- jungle on one side and the beach on the other. Rooms and beach were beautiful, clean, oh....did I mention the view? the view.. The staff was professional and friendly. Loved our stay. 2nd time to Tulum, but changed location from 1st due to bad situation and unimpressive response from owners of Hemingways. Not surprised to see vacancy signs the whole week at their cabanas. What a great pick Neuva Vida was. Each day the staff made sure you had a beach bed and chairs no matter when you show up. PARADISE Only suggestion, maybe a small coupon $20.00 toward dinner for one night at the restaurant. It wasn't in our budget, but I think we would have made the stretch more than once with some incentive. We rented a car, and ate like royalty in in the Pueblo.

Room Tip: #19- a bit off from the beach ( less price) but still beach view. 2nd floor ensured at least some exercise each day!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MayDay4448
nvrami, Owner at Nueva Vida de Ramiro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear friends we are so thankful for these great review and "so very happy" to see you spend such a great time at Nueva Vida. Thank you for the restaurant idea! We take very serious any comment made by our guests... these is what gives us the chance to grow and provide better service. Hope to see you again in our little paradise.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I just returned from a 7 night stay at NVR. I researched for about 6 months on where to stay as we stayed at Azulik in 2011. I was drawn to the great location of NVR and how it was within walking distance of great dining and bars.
We stayed in unit 30 which is "Suspiro". This is the very last unit on the property and is upstairs. I selected that unit assuming it would be the most tranquil and because it was in the Corazon area which is supposed to be adult only. Suspiro was really nice and large with a bed that had the mosquito netting all around. It is too windy for bugs so the netting is more for a romantic feel. The bathroom was large and they had an inside and outside shower. The deck had two comfortable chairs and looked down on the beautiful beach. They also recently added one electric plug near the bed which I used to charge my iPad and Kindle during the week. The only negative to the room is that next door is another hotel and it's playground. Each day when we would try and take an afternoon nap, there was screaming, yelling, etc. from the children next door. Not a terribly big deal but I would not select that room if I return. The other issue with that room is that it does not pickup a Wifi signal I guess because it is too far away from the lobby. If you are in to that type thing, you don't want room 30. The signal in the lobby is great and I had no issue going by there in the morning to check email, FaceBook, etc.
NVR staff--I had heard nothing but great things about the staff and while they were certainly nice, I was never overwhelmed by anything on the service aspect. My wife asked for an extra pillow our first day and the guy in reception wrote it down and said no problem. Never happened so we asked again the next day and it was taken care of.
The beach--Gorgeous! They lay out chairs, beds and umbrellas for guests to use at no extra charge and they were great. We spent many days taking long walks down the beach and checking out the other hotels. Sand is incredibly soft with no shells, etc. to hurt the feet. Maybe the prettiest beach I have ever witnessed behind Great Exuma.
Dining--NVR partners with a restaurant across the street called Casa Banana. A continental breakfast is included in your room rate and consists of a huge plate of fresh fruit, orange juice, coffee and a loaf of fresh baked bread with butter and jam. You can also order other items (pancakes, omelett, etc.) but that will cost you extra. After each meal you sign a ticket acknowledging your purchase and then you settle up with the restaurant when you check out. They have a sign they accept cash only but they do accept Visa for NVR guests only. We ate steak dinners twice during the trip, added extra items for breakfast and had numerous rounds of drinks delivered to the beach daily. Service on the beach is sketchy at best. The guy bringing food and drink to the beach had the personality of a rock. I never could get the guy to smile despite tipping him every round, etc.
Our total bill at the end of the week was $280 U.S. which I thought was very cheap. The owner of Casa is awesome! Very friendly and made us feel at home. The rib eyes with roasted potatos were fantastic! I highly recommend eating there.
Other great dining and drinking spots included:
Villa Las Estrellas--Our waiter Paco was super and they had the best Seafood Pailla and fish tacos. Their mojito is the best I have ever had hands down.
Posada Margherita--Great seafood pasta and sampler platter.
Sandbar--Cool drinking spot right on the beach.
Om--Had a great pizza and a huge burger. Really good.
Matteos--Very hip atmosphere, cold beer and good mexican food.
El Tabano--Dining spot on the jungle side; had fantastic shrimp and lavender dinner one night. They only accept cash so we moved on.
Piedra Escondida--Just ok lobster pasta dish, bread from a bag, etc. This was my least favorite place and I would not go back.
Harwood---Jungle side and my favorite. Drinks use natural ingredients. Try the Passion in the Jungle. Everyone was super friendly. This spot is only about 100 feet down the road from NVR so it was cool to just walk down the road and partake. I understand Meryl Streep recently ate at this place.
Jauguar--Similar to Harwood but the decor is very electic and chic. It is like you are in someone's home but you are set back in the jungle.
Zamas--So so on food; had jazz band one night that was pretty good.
La Zebra--Did the Sunday night Salsa night and it was fun but way too crowded. Took an hour and a half to get a table. Food was good though.
All in all, we had a terrific stay at NVR and in Tulum. One last tip is that ice is considered the same as a bar of gold. It is extremely hard to come by. I took a cab into town one day for $16 U.S and bought a bag for the cooler in the room. I bought a Sprite one night at a dining spot that had big chunks of ice in it and thought I would die of elation. I would also recommend bringing lots of cash. You will need it for taxi drives, etc. We were about out of money at the end of the trip.

Room Tip: Stay away from unit 30 Suspiro if you want a Wifi signal and don't want to hear children on the playground next door.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple