US$427
US$193
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$255/night.

Pacha Tulum(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$52
Zamas(Tulum)
US$107
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

US$147
US$119
Coco Tulum(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$170
US$132
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

Azulik(Tulum)
US$678
US$644
Book now, pay at stay
US$367
All reviewscasa bananala zebrabreakfast deliveredocean breezebanana breadevery morningbeach bedsbeach serviceeco lodgehanging bedssalt water showerstulum beachfresh fruitoutdoor showersea turtlesbeachfront bungalowour honeymoon
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I chose this resort based on reviews and was not disappointed. It was more than what I had expected. We stayed in the Hechizo Luna which was perfect! It was a little more than the others but you get privacy, great view, huge balcony, and more space. The staff was great, our maid Betty did a great job, we even had wi-fi at times in our room. They recommended a great tour with Avatar Adventures with Nick who took us to swim with the turtles and the Cenotes. We had a great time, they were excellent. After they even took us to lunch and had great ceviche and tacos. If you want a relaxing, romantic get-away with great atmosphere, beautiful beach, great staff this is definitely the place to go. We walked along the beach and saw many other places but I would choose NVR again next time I go which I hope will be next year again. NVR offers a great continental breakfast in the morning with Casa Banana. They also offer lunch and dinner. We ate there, the food was very good, however; I preferred going into town and eating authentic Mexican food. My only suggestion would be that they could still offer their specialties at Casa Banana but it would be nice to also have the choice of other food. I think more people would stay and eat there. Our favorite place in town was Bar Belche. They had the best fish fillets I thought in either butter or garlic. Their fajitas were great, chips and salsa, everything we had there was great. We ate there 5 times. Lots of locals eat there which is also a good sign. Every night we would walk through town and then get our gelato before returning to NVR. Flor Michoacan was also great for ice-cream bars, snacks, a very beautiful environment. They are right in front of the bus station. Overall we could not have been happier. We had 9 wonderful days of relaxation! We look forward to returning sometime in the future. If you plan your vacation there you will not be disappointed. Roger was also very helpful in every aspect.

Room Tip: Again, we stayed in Hechizo Luna and it was worth every penny! We would stay there again, one other small recommendation would be since it is a little more maybe a small refrigerator would be nice. That is the only thing we wished we would of had. Nice breeze with no need of air.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lovegospa
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We found out about Nueva Vida de Ramiro through TripAdvisor. The reviews are completely accurate. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Although there are many hotels along the beach, the natural beauty of the hotel layout makes you feel like you're the only visitors in Tulum. I'll try to write this in some kind of logical order.

First, the hotel grounds, of course, are beautiful. As you walk to your room/bungalow, you transition from jungle-like surroundings to beachfront. The grounds are really beautiful and well maintained. Secondly, the staff is very helpful. I want to complement the maintenance staff in particular. They are hardworking, prompt, and courteous. The reception staff was polite. Thirdly, the rooms are beautifully decorated. We stayed in Extasis, which I really believe is one of the most perfect rooms on the property. The suite has the most unobstructed view of the beach. The room is on the second floor which means you always have an ocean breeze to cool off your room. There is no AC, but they do have fans available if you need. The ocean breeze does the trick. In the mornings (like many have said before), the staff shovels all of the seaweed off the beach and sets up a bed, two chairs, a table, and an umbrella for each guest. It's perfect. Finally, Casa Banana is the hotel's associated restaurant. The continental breakfast is delicious, but a bit redundant if your staying for more than a few days. The menu food is delicious as well. Oh, and the coffee is wonderful.

This hotel isn't really good for you if you want a nice wine and dine kind of vacation. The water in the rooms is salt water. There was one plug in our room, but I doubt it could have handled a hair dryer. It's a very laid back place. In our room there were plenty of lamps, but some of the bungalows don't offer lights. I would recommend bringing a flashlight. We used ours on multiple occasions. Once the moon rises, there is plenty of light on the beach. However, before then, it's pretty dark.

Let's talk food. We enjoyed dinner at multiple places along the beach. We LOVED La Mex-Ita, a candle lit restaurant two or three hotels down (to the right if you're facing the ocean), by the Luv Tulum Hotel. The owners and staff provide 5 star service for 3 star price. Very highly recommended. Casa Banana is pretty expensive for dinner. We skipped that, but I heard they have great steak. Le Zebra next door is excellent as well. If you're there on a Sunday night, make sure you stop by for the free Salsa Dancing party. There are tons of great places to eat. Just walk along the beach and you'll see them lit up.

We rode bicycles to get around mostly. The front desk can help you reserve a bike. Make sure you ask for one with a basket. We took a cab for the cenotes and the Coba ruins.

We only had a few complaints, which some were definitely our negligence. We needed to change a time for a taxi we personally had booked and weren't able to make a quick local call from the reception desk. The reception wants to book the taxis for you. I assume they get a commission. At any rate, we figured out we could use the Wifi to call from our phones. The tobanos are bad anywhere across the street from the beach. Bring bug repellent. Very important. Also, we were (and still are) miserable with sand flea bites. They live in vegetation including the beach seaweed. Don't walk in the seaweed. I was also unaware that in a taxi you can pass on the left or right sides and even where there's oncoming traffic. Phew.

We had a WONDERFUL trip. We were very pleased with the hotel and staff, and plan to return to Tulum next summer, but perhaps to a smaller hotel like Luv Tulum. If you go in June, you're bound to see the sea turtles at night.

Room Tip: The Corazon Suites are great. They're a bit more expensive but worth it. Extasis is a large open room with a very large bathroom (with an indoor and outdoor shower). It has a king bed with surrounding mosquito net. You'll need to tie the netting back if you sleep with the doors open. There is one plug, a few lamps, an overhead fan, and a rotating fan. It's a second floor suite that offers a lot of privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aleesa H
nvrami, Owner at Nueva Vida de Ramiro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Alessa we are very glad you had a wonderful trip and stay at NV. Thank
you for this nice review, your description of NV is lovely. The maintenance crew smiled at your kind words, it is very important for them to hear since you wrote how hard
they work to keep our premises in excellent conditions.
We wanted to mention that our electricity is generated with sun and
wind so your assumption was correct. The electric outlet would not
tolerate a hair dryer, but we know is indispensable to charge cellular
phones and computers. All our rooms have electricity 24 hours; maybe
you were watching an unoccupied bungalow and that is the reason it was
dark inside.
The bathroom water is not salt water, it comes from deep wells of
fresh water. The Yucatan peninsula is seated over deep pools of fresh
water, which have certain communication with the
ocean when close together, this is whay depending on the season, it
contains more minerals and has the sensation of salt water.
We like to book taxis we know personally and know their compromise to
be punctual and have good service, we do not get commissions, but we could have explained better, the guys at reception are now aware so we can improve our communication with guests.
If you come back to Tulum in the future, we would love to greet you and
serve you again.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

There are plenty of nice beach side hotels along the beach. My advice to you is go elsewhere.

Their cabañas are nice enough and I can't imagine anyone complaining about the beach but the service leaves something to be desired. I had the misfortune of having my iPhone go missing from my room around the same time the cleaning staff was in there. I'm not one to make accusations that I'm not confident about so I was comfortable confronting the managers about it and asked them to look into the matter. They told me they did but that no one confessed and graciously offered me two free nights during their low season, that is after I told them I'd be leaving a negative review to warn others that there may be something awry at their hotel. I left it at that and went on my way.

Now I've been trying to contact the managers to use my credit and no one will reply to my phone calls or emails, which leads me to believe that I was taken advantage of twice by this establishment.

Chances are unlikely the same thing will happen to you. But I'd recommend going to one of the many other lovely places along that strip with beach side cabañas. The restaurant at Nueva Vida is overpriced, nothing great and teeming with flies, and that would usually be the thing that sets a place apart when all of the hotels benefit from the same gorgeous beaches.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GuachiGuara
nvrami, Owner at Nueva Vida de Ramiro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Once again we are very sorry for the issue with your phone. As we have explained before we conducted an official investigation and there was nothing that would lead us in the direction of one of our employees being involved in the incident.

Te lady in charge of your room has been with us for 4 years with a perfect record and great customer reviews like the rest of our staff. We have been fortunate to never had anything measing in our place.

At the same time, and although we always advice our clients that the safe deposit box is were valuables have to be left as its common in all hotels, we want to defenetly extend the offer we prevously made in terms of your stay.

For some reason we have not received your messages, but if you contact me to email address trinicarreno@tulumnv.com, I'll be glad to personally arrange for your visit. We are grateful for your interest in giving us a second chance to serve you.

We are extremely proud of our place, our people and our commitment to customer service and want to make sure that you as all of our other guests, as you can see on other reviews, leave Nueva Vida with a smile and a great experience.

Thanks for your comprehension and we will be waiting for youl!!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed for a week in the Suspiro suite and coudn't have been happier.

Only a few coconut-palms separated the porch on the cabana from the beach. We slept with the french doors wide open; we were so close to surf landing on the beach that it felt like we were on the water. 6 nights out of 7 the breeze off the water was delightful; the 7th night the fans in the room were more than adequate.

The cabanas are spacious and clean. They are not overflowing in unnecessary luxury. As a car commercial used to say, they have everything you need and nothing you don't. A comfortable bed, a warm shower, spotlessly clean, quiet (except for the sound of the surf), private... just ideal.

The beach there is gorgeous. They have chairs and a sort-of-mattress for you to lay on, and will setup umbrellas if you ask. The water is warm and clear, the sand soft and clean.

My only gripe would be that casa banana, the restaurant associated with the resort, was less than fully satisfying. The continental breakfast included in the room is fine, but head elsewhere for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: suspiro (#30) was great. Get one facing the ocean. second floor is probably preferable for privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoshK K

Dear Josh: Its rewarding hear that you love your Suspiro Room and sleeping so close to the ocean.
We are thinking in use the phrase "everything you need and nothing you don't. as our motto...it perfectly describes us!!!! Thank you for this nice review.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed at Nueva for the second time in a the last two years. It is steps from the beach, relaxing, friendly, clean, great beach lounge chairs, paths are covered with foliage, eco-friendly!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends