“Coba Maya Tour - Excellent!”
Review of Edventure Tours

Edventure Tours
Ranked #1 of 123 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From the ancient Mayan Ruins, to the pristine turquoise waters of the Caribbean- and so much more in between. Snorkel, zipline, Jungle ATV ride, Mayan Ruins~ and ALL in one day if you like!! We want to show you the best this area has to offer! Experience the cenotes- the amazing underground river, snorkel a natural aquarium full of brilliant colored tropical fish. Swim with the majestic sea turtles- watch as they glide effortlessly, eating the sea grasses in their own natural environment. Zipline deep in the jungle with connecting hanging bridges, rappel, rock climb, cliff jump… all in a day’s play! Let us customize a day for you! We’d be honored to share with you, this wonderful Paradise!
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We booked the Coba Maya Tour with lunch and had Nelson as our guide and Jorge as our driver. They were both brilliant and made the day more enjoyable. Nothing was too much trouble. Nelson's knowledge and attentiveness to all of us went above and beyond his guide duties. We stopped off for lunch at a local café which was excellent. I highly recommend this company and this trip - big thanks to Nelson and Jorge! You were brilliant!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,682)
All reviews
in 63 reviews
"tacos"
in 77 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Got picked up at 7 am and had a day of zip lining, lunch, off road Jeep as well as snorkeling with turtles . Our driver was great and our guide superior. Great day of fun! Highly recommend as a family activity.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This was our 2nd time touring with Edventures. Extreme Adventure is the tour we took. Worth the $70 to go private. These excursions are not offered on your resorts, the commission is just too high. You will find that Edventures offers more, they are more affordable and they are just so down to earth friendly. It’s not just their job, this is their life. DANNY IS AMAZING! Our kids love him! He helped (both times)with flippers, swim masks, wet suits, snacks, helped them rinse off sand and wash out their shoes. Made sure we had drinks throughout the day and reminded us to reapply sunscreen.
Danny has many many stories, he’s been doing this all his life, please listen to him. He’s a smart man that knows a lot about this region and history. We added pictures as well and he really tries to get the best pictures! Just pose for him! He’s a pro!
Danny drove us 4 miles into the jungle on a rough rock path, in a Polaris, he’s a great driver. Perfect every time! The 2 cenotes we went through we’re gorgeous and we had plenty of time to explore and learn about the formations of these natural freshwater cenotes. The first one we were able to jump into from a dock like structure. Very cool. We took a break to eat true Mayan pork and chicken tacos, on homemade corn tortillas washed down with icy cold water. We went on to rock climb and repelled. Then we were off to the ocean to swim with sea turtles. There are laws implemented now and your guide must have a permit. Please follow the guides instructions and do not touch the sea life or go into the protected area. If we want to keep this special experience legal, we must all follow the laws here. I think we saw a total of 6 sea turtles. Just breathtaking! We were also lucky enough to see an Eagle Ray, Stingray and a few squid! We finished off the day in a lagoon, because of the recent rains, there was a lot of mixing of sea water and fresh water. He lead the way through the waters and path through rock formations and rooted areas.
We will see Danny in 2 years to swim with whale sharks!
Be sure to tip the driver as well as your guide. They are truly all wonderful and you’re using a family owned and operated business instead of a huge tourist trap. (Sorry, there may be good ones, but these large companies only care about the dollars)
I’ll leave reviews for the locations we visited, but I really do want to let tourists know this. You MUST use biodegradable reef safe sunscreen. Regular sunscreen is deteriorating the natural habitats of our water friends.

1  Thank Trixiegnz
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This is our second time using Edventure tours and it was great like the first time. Our tour guide Javier was great, even gave me swim lessons. My kids really enjoyed this trip it was the best part of our vacation.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 June 2018

My family and I did the ruins, cenote tour and the turtle tour. We have 11 year old twins and they really enjoyed the tour. This company was so helpful from the beginning, and after reading all of the reviews, I knew I wanted to use them. I called multiple times because I wasn't sure which tour I wanted to do. They were very helpful and informative each time I called. They picked us up on time and were very well organized in getting our gear. Javier was our guide and he was very helpful and great with our kids. The cenote swim was ok, the water was clear, but we didn't see many fish and we thought the water was chilly. It's not unbearable, but it takes a few minutes to get used to it. Bring bug spray, you will want it for the cenote swim. The lunch was ok, I ate the vegetarian option, it was bland, but nothing spectacular. My husband and kids said the meat tacos were "ok." The best part was the turtle swim, which they were nice enough to let us add on at the last minute. We saw 9 or 10 turtles and a giant barracuda and lots of squid. It was pretty amazing. When we got back to the hotel, my husband realized he left his cell phone on the van. They were so nice to bring it back to him the next day. Fernando was our driver, and he was able to bring the phone back the next day. Make sure you pay to do the pictures, They do a great job, and for $30, I have 165 pictures. This company only takes small groups at a time and it was nice not to have to be stuck on a tour with a large group of people. I would recommend this company to anyone, they are outstanding.

1  Thank Akanksha S