“An authentic dining experience”
Review of Cetli

Cetli
Ranked #31 of 495 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$180 - US$400
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our dishes are prepares meticulusly as our grandma used to make it. We choose the best ingredients to prepare genuine "mole" sauce in a metate stone (like from prehispanic times), to make sure get to the traditional recipes. Making our mermelade, bread, butter and many more. The best culinary experience in the autentic traditional mexican cuisine.
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We saw reviews of this restaurant online while staying at the Beach Tulum. My husband is crazy for mole so we asked our hotel staff. They were so pleased we had asked about it and recommended it enthusiastically. It recently moved out of downtown and if you saw the outside in daylight you would laugh and say no way. But it was filled with reservations the night we went. Small, family run, like a Mexican house. The food is beautiful and delicious! I so fell in love with the simple chicken tortilla soup that I came home and made my own from scratch—roasting tomatoes and all. Still not as good as theirs! Grouper with white almond mole? Seriously wonderful! Take a night off from the ordinary and eat here.

1  Thank JanetFtMyersFL

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have been asked boy visitors for great Mexican food and Cetli is the right choice. Great deco, delicious food, kind service. I am glad to recommend this awesome restaurant.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

What a fantastic experience! Our meal was superb. Truly one of the best I've ever had! So much love goes into this place-- Cetli has recently moved to this larger location after 9 years in town. This is a couple of km away, and well worth the taxi if you don't have transportation.
The place is like an art gallery, with so much hand made beauty. The place mats alone are magnificent! Service was exemplary. They really care about the customers' experiences.
The food was utterly top notch, and Aztec influenced. Sensational mole sauces-- regular dark, green, and white. Oh my, I can't wait to return. Fantastic value as well.
A wonderful plate of unusual appetizers are brought, on the house. A big first for me was the orange pieces sprinkled with fried grasshopper!
Make a reservation. There are only about 8 tables in this large space.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Wonderful family run restaurant. Delicious food and great service. Nice ambience. Well decorated. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience. Each of our meals were beautifully presented and delicious. We each chose a different mole so it was great to try them all in a meal. It was helpful to have asked the wait staff to bring a taste of each mole with our appetizers. Also, don’t miss the tamarind margarita! The staff took enormous pride in serving wonderful food. One person had fish, another had enchiladas, another had the stuffed poblano pepper and all were just lovely. The atmosphere is serene and the music was fabulous. Bring cash as they don’t take credit.