“Best dinner experience in Tulum”
Review of Humo

Humo
Ranked #54 of 489 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$2 - US$26
Description: Humo offers a variety of healthy options based in the optimum nutrition converging ancestral and innovative practices. We focus on sourcing local and organic ingredients to achieve the maximum density of nutrients in every meal. We offer vegan , raw vegan and paleo options free from sugar and gluten.
Reviewed 21 June 2018

This place nailed every aspect of a great dinner experience. We arrived to an empty house other than the staff working as it had just stopped raining. I honestly wasn't even sure if the place was open but when I asked the staff they assured me to take a seat and we would begin.

Our server Eusebio was so awesome! So attentive during the whole experience and just really nice. We quickly ordered drinks and received the most unique mango margarita that tasted SO GOOD!!! The mango slice was so fresh and they presentation was great.

The food....THE FOOD! Ah!!! So incredible. We ordered so much stuff from the menu, ate it all, and didn't take one freakin picture of any of it. But I tell you what....it's all amazing. The smells, the taste, the presentation blew us away.

The ambiance is also very captivating. The structure that is over the dining area is beautifully made. They lit a thing of copal incense for us so the bugs would stay away during our dinner. The music wasn't too loud and just the right kind of relaxing and romantic dinner music.

All in all this was the best dining experience we had all week in Tulum!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Friendly service, great food! This was our first stop when arriving in Tulum and we left very full and very happy! The mushroom ceviche is delicious!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

On our 5 day trip to Tulum we spent 4 days on the beach and on the last day we explored the small down town area. The receptionist at out hotel recommended Humo for dinner and he was spot on. It's a fairly small but charming restaurant with an impressive roof structure. The food is traditional and modern all at the same time, it was honestly some of the bet food we had on our trip. We also received great service from our waiter Eusebio, He was kind, attentive and made great recommendations for food and. Would recommend to anyone for food and great cocktails.

1  Thank Nic K
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

After traveling from the U.S. to Tulum, we were extremely tired and decided to go grab a bite to eat. We wanted something really good, so our hotel concierge suggested this restaurant and we were not dissatisfied. The decor is welcoming and cozy, with a sophisticated bohemian vibe. We were the only diners at 7pm on a Tuesday night, but the staff was very friendly and welcoming. The menu is small and extraordinary. The drink selection is amazing. PLEASE try the cocktail called the “Local”... you will not be disappointed. It was perhaps the best drink I’ve ever had.

After practically tasting everything on the menu, we decided this place is an absolute gem. So unique and just a great way to start our vacation. We were invited back for their breakfast selection and we may just have to stop by again before we leave...

1  Thank Brittany R
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Yum yum yum yum. We picked this place following tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. So delicious, service was great, I loved biodegradable straws.

There was some couple performing and they were amazing. I was not impressed with people sitting there not clapping or having trouble to make a small donation to artists. This totally killed the vibe for me.
Maybe I was unlucky. Keep on doing great job it is very rare for me to eat 3 course meal but I managed it well in HUMO as everything was mouthwatering.