“Excellent German restaurant in Tulum!”
Review of Azafran Restaurant

Azafran Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 463 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Azafran doesn't seem like a German restaurant but you can get some traditional food there. If you like a European style breakfast with meats, this is your place! Bagels and breads with jam were terrific. I had the crepe with fresh fruit and yogurt which was very tasty. My husband had everyone's favorite- "The Hangover". He loved the German sausages with mustard. Mashed potatoes for breakfast? They were awesome!! He loved his meal so much, he went back the next morning for the same thing! Coffee is very good. Friendly staff. Lovely setting in a garden. Nice place to relax and have a great start to your day!

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed a good Bagel at Azafran. Unfortunately the menu is a bit outdated and they have no more Brezel and there was no orange juice either.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

This place was right around the corner from my apartment. Stopped in one morning while extremely hung over. Low and behold they have a breakfast called the hangover. The service was on point, and I received my food very quickly. Was fresh, hot, and amazing. Wish I could get a breakfast like this in Wyoming.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

"A good Breakfast". I'm somewhat picky about a "good" breakfast and while the breakfast I had didn't fit any of my expectations in particulars it did outshine it in general. Which is to say Potatoes, absolutely, but mashed? Hey good tats is good tats and the mashed potatoes were, obviously, homemade and excellent. Meat, yes there was good bacon and also some fine sausage with just a dash of mustard of a good sort. Scrambled eggs nothing out of the ordinary and by that I mean not overdone and rubbery. Bread, sure if it comes with the meal, but Rye? Ok, and homemade. Coffee was on the excellent side. Outside patio was a nice way to start the day. Ok forgot the Orange Juice which was freshly squeezed, I saw them making some as I wandered in.
Bill for Coffee, with a little pourer of milk and enough for a fair amount in each of the 3 cups I had, and "Hangover Breakfast", no wasn't hungover but was hungry, cost $109 Pesos. $130 with tip which by today's currency rates was $7.50 US.
One of the better Breakfasts I've had in the last 10yrs.
This is only the 2nd review of anything I've ever done, take that as you may.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

We went this morning and arrived before they opened. They invited us straight in and said we could sit in their garden. It was a little garden of paradise, very tranquil. They brought us freshly squeezed Orange juice and delicious coffee. My husband and I had the hangover breakfast which was extremely yummy. The kids had homemade bagels. The waitress was so friendly and smiley and made us feel very welcome. We would definitely go again.