Lowest prices for your stay
US$116
View deal
Priceline
US$116
View deal
eDreamsUS$116
Agoda.comUS$116
Travelocity
All reviews party host private rooms are good vibes party scene pool area great pool great music great drinks breakfast included common areas alfredo clean rooms rent a bike fantastic stay location is great air conditioning edwin
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 May 2021

My girlfriend had a great stay in this hostel! She stayed in a dorm with her brother and was very pleased with the price, cosy rooms and the hostel itself. It was her birthday during the stay. I called and messaged the hostel to surprise her with a birthday cocktail. The employee and bartender Alfredo really helped me to get her and her brother a cocktail free of charge. She was very surprised and happy, and so was I. We really appreciated to hospitality and kindness during her birthday!

Sami

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mayan Monkey, Propietario at Mayan Monkey Hostel Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear your girlfriend felt welcome during her stay.

Your comments make us feel motivated to keep improving our service everyday!

Reviewed 21 May 2021

Mayan monkey is Amazing for anyone planning a trip to Tulum solo or with friends/couples. The environment is extremely chill, the staff is friendly and helpful. Oscar helped us during our stay and we thoroughly enjoyed listening to him sing during the evening in the common area. Great experience overall and I decided to extend my stay but will definitely be coming back here regardless!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello!

Thank you very much for choosing us as your home during your time in Tulum. Your positive feedback encourages us to continue working hard and improve every day for our traveler community.

Reviewed 29 April 2021

I have stayed in many hostels in my travels, but this one takes the crown. The rooms are beautiful, clean and the beds comfortable. The common areas are incredible and the vibe is even more so. Food and drinks are a bit on the not so cheap side but they are still pretty decent.

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mayan Monkey, Propietario at Mayan Monkey Hostel Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, your opinion is very important to us. We are sure our team has enjoyed your presence as much as you enjoyed your stay. Your comments make us feel motivated to keep improving our service everyday!

We hope to see you again :)

Reviewed 28 April 2021 via mobile

Amazing and I can’t get enough, why can’t people like this everywhere! Come visit, can’t miss friends. Friendly and accepting, clean and with lots of festive activities. Not a boring minute here!!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi!

Thank you very much for choosing us as your home during your time in Mexico. Your positive comment encourages us to continue improving every day for our traveler community. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 27 April 2021 via mobile

I specifically came to Tulum for two reasons, Mayan Monkey and the ruins. When I walked up the steps to the hostel I was greeted by two friendly receptionists and they were so quick at checking me in after a long morning of traveling from Cancun. After I went to drop by bags off in the room, which was amazingly clean and spacious, even for the room I got, which was dorm style, I headed straight to the bar. At the bar I met a great bartender who was quick on her feet and very friendly, after a few drinks I met the manager of the bar, his name was Tony. Tony was awesome and very friendly, even when it got busy from the parties, he made sure everything was seamless and people were generally happy with the flow of things at the bar, nobody waited too long for service.

I definitely recommend this place if you want to party, or even relax, as they have huge outdoor place where you can study and chill.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Mayan Monkey, Propietario at Mayan Monkey Hostel Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021