12 people are viewing this hotel
Travelocity
Hotels.comUS$370
CheapTicketsUS$370
Orbitz.comUS$370
All reviews sound healing outdoor shower beautiful hotel dream hotel yin yoga donation based excellent drinks big pool common areas are every morning the entire staff fire pit tacos food and drinks beach club jaime cardo
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2021

In our increasingly complicated and anxious world, we need more time to do less and be less. When we first start cultivating calm and stillness in our lives, it can be difficult, especially when we realize how stress and anxiety defined so much of our daily lives. But as our practice has become stronger, anxiety begins to lose its hold and begin to gain clarity about what we’re doing, where we’re going, and what holds true meaning for us personally.

In our ever fast paced world, where are all these voices are difficult to quiet down for most people, it is often challenging to control our own thoughts. And sometimes those voices are just too much for someone who cannot shut them down and practice self love and care. Many will not understand that this practice has far more benefits than any other form of yoga, it simply means they are not ready to sit in their own stillness and be with their thoughts. Restorative healing is sometimes difficult for those that do not see within themselves clearly enough to accept that the best medicine is that of self reflection and stillness.

Yin yoga is offering a healing experience, yet, some are resistant to the healing see the peace within themselves. There has to be a heightened awareness that connects what occurs on the mat to what is occurring in their mind and that connection is often missed in such a resistive state.

I came in search of a healing in a space that was full of elements that called for an abundance of restoration and it is not by coincidence that the universe brought me to Kiki. I got all of it. I immersed myself. I thanked the universe that it brought me to this space: sometimes we think one thing, but what we really need is what is happening in the NOW. I too wanted a flow class day 1 but in all honesty I loved how the universe spoke and said “nope, now you need this this!” I surrendered. And it was I that very moment of surrender that it kept me grounded to my mat and returning everyday for my “fix.” It was what I needed and had I resisted I would have not reaped any of the benefits it had in store for me.

The one thing I realized as I observed those that came and went in those four days was that the ones who kept coming back were the ones who could be still in their thoughts and gain healing from the practice but the ones who got frustrated and left mid class or did not come back, as I saw them throughout the property I realized their energies were battling and that made them feel uncomfortable to be able to be still in their thoughts. Kiki’s practice is invaluable and much like all great things of high value, not every naked eyes sees it’s worth!

Thank you so much KIKI for your amazing guidance through my own challenges. Continue pursuing your passion and honoring the magical contribution you have to offer the universe. May others see and appreciate the value of your guidance and may if fill your heart with light so that you can continue to be the candle that lights the lost flames of others. What a pleasure and a privilege to have been a member of your classes. You have restored so much in me that I will forever be grateful!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel Bardo Reservaciones, Revenue Management at Hotel Bardo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2021

Dear esteemed guest,

Thank you kindly for your gracious review. It brings us joy to read that our amenities are valued by wonderful guests such as yourself. We do invite you to stay with us upon your next trip to Tulum.

Una Vida and Hotel Bardo Tulum

Reviewed 18 January 2021

The hospitality that Hotel Bardo offers was very friendly and welcoming. Although I didn’t stay here, the staff was kind enough of to allow people outside to use the amenities.

Yin Yoga with KiKi in the morning was a great way to start my day. I felt so relaxed and refreshed after each class. I’ve done a variety of Yin classes, but there was something so beautiful about her class. She keeps the class light with a few simple poses, while your body lays heavy with your eyes closed you are guided by the most soothing voice.

I came back twice because I enjoyed her style of Yin so much. Definitely take her class before you start your day !

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hotel Bardo Reservaciones, Revenue Management at Hotel Bardo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2021

Dear esteemed guest,

Una Vida and Hotel Bardo Tulum

Reviewed 12 January 2021

What a wonderful experience! Hiding away in your own jungle, waking up with the birds... Surrounded by comfort, kindness and luxury. Morning yoga being the highlight of my visit. What an exceptional teacher they have, Kiki. I was melting away in the calmness of her words. Through her voice and touch I was left in a ‘cloud of light’!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Bardo Reservaciones, Revenue Management at Hotel Bardo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2021

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to give us such a positive review. We are very appreciative of your comments. Here at Hotel Bardo and Una Vida, we believe in giving our guests the highest caliber of relaxation and tranquility within our tropical landscape and calm ambiance. It is what makes us distinct. We are also happy to read that you took full advantage of all our hotel has to offer, and took part in our daily yoga. We do invite you to return to us upon your next visit to Tulum.

Hotel Bardo, Tulum

Reviewed 11 January 2021 via mobile

A very nice, new hotel. Rooms are very modern and sleek (though not the most practical) and private. Soaking baths for each villa are nice, though they could be cleaned daily better and for some reason you can't turn on the jet streamers yourself; needs to be requested, and then wouldn't come on for 10-15 minutes. Outdoor shower is a unique experience. Liked the whole theme of the hotel and its eco-friendly products are great too. Pool area is very nice and we got some live music for Christmas eve as well. Also I did utilize the private beach access at their partner hotel along the beach which was nice. But there were some things to keep in mind, like the location. It's off the beaten path a bit so you have to walk about 10-15 minutes through some dark streets to get to the main strip. We were told there would be complimentary bicycles which would have helped and we were looking forward to using them, only to be told they were out for maintenance and would be unavailable for our entire stay. Ended up walking a ton and taking lots of cab rides. Check-in wasn't great either, as we were checked into our rooms late even though we arrived early and hung out for a while. There were two ladies at the font desk and one was very kind and helpful, but the other not so much... every time I had a question she seemed irritated and was curt with responses. At check out, I was glad to have reviewed the bill carefully because i was charged for some beers from the mini bar that i didn't consume. Was also looking forward to the daily yoga, but it was pretty much an hour of savasana so only took it once. A fine stay overall but was hoping for better given the rate.

1  Thank rolaidz
Hotel Bardo Reservaciones, Revenue Management at Hotel Bardo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Dear Esteemed Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, both positive and constructive. Your comments are extremely valuable to the functionality of our establishment as we strive to improve our guests' experience with each and every stay. Thank you for bringing to our attention.

We would also like to express our most sincere apologies that you had a negative interaction with someone on our staff. We kindly invite you to contact our reservations manager to personally discuss your unfortunate dealings further with us at reservaciones@hotelbardo.mx.

We do hope you to stay with us in the near future upon your next trip to Tulum.

With warm regards,
Hotel Bardo & Una Vida, Tulum

Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

Hotel Bardo is pure ✨ magic ✨ My husband and I went there on a whim two months ago as a brief distraction from the pandemic. So we booked one night and two days at this gorgeous property. It was a pricey decision, but one I intend to repeat when it's safer to travel again. My only regret is not extending our reservation so I could have spent a whole week at Bardo.

Let's start with the property details. This intimate boutique hotel is situated in the city, so it's not within walking distance of the beach. That was perfectly fine with us because we didn't feel the need to leave our hotel during our stay. What the surrounding neighborhood lacks in charm, this hotel makes up for with it's stunning, tropical landscaping and boho-chic decor. My favorite spot was the tranquil pool in the center of the property that is unsurprisingly quite popular with guests.

They also have a top-notch bar and restaurant conveniently next to the pool (so you truly never have to leave except to explore the city and lounge and the beach). We did some major damage to our budget because we couldn't resist trying every G&T, all equally delicious.

The staff was all exceptionally accommodating and attentive. Every staff member we passed asked if we needed assistance.

Now onto the best part: the villas! Each room at Bardo is a private, immaculately designed villa that includes a private pool and jungle garden with a hammock. The result is your own personal Paradise that you'll never want to leave. I can't dignify the beauty of this place with words alone, so I've shared a few pics to illustrate how magical this place truly is, hopefully.

Compared to nearby hotels and hostels, Bardo is significantly pricier. But you get what you pay for, and at Bardo, you get one of the best hotels in Tulum.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank lizzykinsroy
Hotel Bardo Reservaciones, Revenue Management at Hotel Bardo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2021

Dear Lizzy,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review, we are overjoyed to read that we exceeded your expectations. We are so appreciative of your kind words. Here at Hotel Bardo and our sister property, Una Vida - we strive to create an ambiance that is not like any other hotel that you will find in Tulum town. Our vision was intended to do exactly what you described, give each guests a piece of paradise by offering a private detached villa that is unique in character and lush with foliage. Our pool has become renowned, and we enjoy hearing about how much it attracts each guest and visitors alike. We do invite to please come back and stay with us upon your next visit to Tulum, and hope that you will take advantage and extend your stay to a week. Please feel free to contact our reservations department so that we may help assist you on your next visit. Again, we would like to give our utmost thanks for all that you have contributed.

Hotel Bardo