Open today: 7:30 AM - 10:00 PM

from US$139.85
More Info
from US$176.75
More Info
All reviews different species bird watching yucatan peninsula miguel birds habitat riding muyil guiding maya mexico photos guide
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 June 2021

It was a first time ever I did birdwatching and thanks to Miguel & Eddy it was a great experience. I was impressed with their knowledge of birds and fauna and genuine interest and passion. Their ability to notice birds is just unbeatable. If you want to try birding - that's a great choice. Go for it!

Date of experience: May 2021
Travelwithintention1, Public Relations Manager at Amar Aves: Birdwatching and Mayan culture, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2021

Thank you for your recommendation !
I'm delighted to read you had such a great first experience birding. Our guides are indeed very passionate and highly qualified to provide you the best birding experience. We hope to see you back in Tulum somedays.

Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

We had an AMAZING time with Miguel! This tour exceeded our expectations from start to finish! Being able to see several ecosystems which were each so different; learning from Miguel about not only birds but also the Mayans, Muyil, and all nature; and the variety of activity (we added on the boat tour and float and it was well worth it!). We have never been on a tour as amazing as this. We are new to birding and have been growing our interest, but now we are hooked! Miguel was so kind, considerate, knowledgeable, safety-conscious, and funny. My husband and I felt blessed getting to meet him. He makes a great cup of coffee too!
I really can’t say enough how much we enjoyed this tour and time in gorgeous nature and with Miguel. We hope to come back soon to take another tour to learn more from Miguel and enjoy more beautiful nature!

Travelwithintention1, Public Relations Manager at Amar Aves: Birdwatching and Mayan culture, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Thanks a lot for your great feedback !
It is awesome to read you had such an amazing time with Miguel and that the tour exceeded your expectations from a to z. We hope to see you again in one of our other bird watching tours soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2021

Top-notch day of birding with a true expert. Miguel Amar Uribe (Amar Aves) has incredible fine-tuned skills of sight and hearing coupled with patience and extensive knowledge of the local birds and fauna. He's a skillful guide helping me to find the birds along the way he spotted (and I spotted one or two for him, a real point of pride!) I do most of my birding without guides but in places like the Yucatan a guide is necessary unless you're an expert on tropical birds. I'm not and Miguel is. Friendly and enjoyable companion for a memorable day of 52 species and 25 lifers.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 21 April 2021

After a very early pick up (which included a snake on the road) we had an excellent morning birding with Miguel. His knowledge is extensive, and his sense of humour and generosity, as well as his enquiring mind made it a memorable morning. The meal he provided was also excellent. I should love to return to Mexico and go birding again with Miguel.

Date of experience: May 2020
Reviewed 4 April 2021

2nd fantastic private guided birding tour with Miguel Amar Uribe (Amar Aves), this time with the services of local guide Claudio Lopez for specialized eyes and ears. Due to the exceptional experience the first time, I requested an extended birding tour to Campeche and the Calakmul Temple archaeological site. Miguel delivered. My guides were “on” at all times; they had pre-scouted secret hotspots, unvisited by other birders.Their eyes and ears were on duty at all times; they were personally enjoying the discovery of each bird and I just tried to keep up! As I learned the birds and the ancient local history, I felt this was a very special walking tutorial! Accommodations for three nights were immaculately clean and new EcoLodges; authentic Mexican meals were cooked in front of us by a personal chef. Montezuma Oropendola put on a show; Collared Forest Falcon, Ornate Hawk-Eagle, Ocellated Turkey, Great Curassow, White-necked Puffbird, Chestnut-colored Woodpecker, Red-capped Manakin, Black-crowned Tityra were added to my Life List of 50+ for the trip. Let me not forget the elusive Stub-tailed Spadebill, which I spotted and my guides identified! The adventure was topped off, after the target birds were recorded, on the beautiful blue-green waters of Lago Bacalar on a sunset cruise. This cenote-fed lake, Miguel taught me, is home to the stromatolites, biologic limestone formations which are the oldest life on our Planet Earth.
Amar Aves will provide a great birding tour to casual birders or for the most discriminating globetrotting ornithologists. Miguel Amar Uribe is a naturalist-philosopher committed to the preservation of his natural Yucatán homeland. He will teach you a lot, so bring prepare your eyes, your brain, your tastebuds, and all your senses!

Date of experience: March 2021