“Perfect”

Ranked #56 of 96 Hotels in Tulum
New York City, New York
“Perfect”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed at 4E for 8 nights. Little beach view, private terrace with hammock. Friendly staff, and amazing breakfast every day. Total deal for the money. Perfect location. The grounds are kept immaculate and there is someone near by if you need ANY thing.. if that is what you are looking for, he he. No TV, no clock, no radio; bring your own because you can plug your own in!

Would recommend renting bikes near this place called Matea's for $8 a day and getting water, tequila around there. Things like that add up if you are staying near by- accidently learned that the first night we were there. two appetizers, four beers and four don julio shots came out to over 850 pesos with tip. You can also bike to Tulum town and the ruins from the hotel. Splurge on a meal at La bistro next door and walk down to Hotel Om for a bite. Matea's and the restaurant next door is also very good and cheaper than the places on the beach.

Just fyi, not much night life in Tulum, would come back to this place with a couple of friends though. It was exactly what we were looking for..

Room Tip: I think all the rooms have a little beach view- but i would ask for the second row of cabanas. 4E i...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leo a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 13 February 2012

In general I think Los Lirios is a very good choice! The rooms are spacious with huge windows, each has his own terrace and hamaca, really good! They are set in a beautiful garden and in front of a very nice part of the Tulum beach (pure sand). Electricity works 24 hours and there is even wifi (but the signal is weak and only in a limited area). And now the thing I didn´t like at all. The restaurant. It was too huge for the resort and soon I found out why...they invite big buses full of tourists for a buffet lunch, something you would not expect in Tulum. Just for being lazy and not having to go somewhere else, we ordered food from the restaurant. The food was tasty, but overpricesed. A very small portion of „pescado a la plancha“ with a very tiny scoop of rice at 170 pesos is a lot even for Tulum. And the service was bad and unprofessional. So, go to Lirios but dine somewhere else.

Room Tip: I would avoid the rooms close to the restaurant, otherwise all looked great, they are all very alike...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank iliveinmexico
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We loved the garden view bungalow, which showed the sea beyond the garden. Big room with dedicated living room area. Big bathroom with fantastic shower and bathtub! Very clean. Breakfast was good, and the restaurant staff was very friendly.
The mattress felt like a bit of a dip in the middle. Thats the reason why we give it not 5 out of 5. Everything else was perfect.

We would recommend Los Lirios to anyone. and should we stay in Tulum again, we would book it again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alwayslookingaround
Los lirios t, Director Comercial at Los Lirios Hotel Cabanas, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Dear Guest

Is a pleasure for us to see our guests enjoy their vacation, and comment on it, that is why we are happy to welcome you again with the same attention as always.

Best Regards.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This place considers itself 3-stars- but how then do they explain their outrageous prices??!!!

Let me start by saying that the setting is very attractive and the buildings themselves are pretty (as you can see from the photos). Despite this, there is very little maintenance on the rooms, to the extent that DIRT covered parts of my room including the mirrors and the windows!! With my finger I rubbed and took off layers of dirt from various surfaces around the place, which I found shocking since it shows that there was not even a pretense of cleaning the place up!! And I was paying 540$US for this room!!!!

I had not originally intended to stay here but for a variety of reasons I had to be in Tulum for the night unexpectedly and this was the only place with a room. I booked 3 days before and explained that I needed a room with 2 extra beds in it, which they agreed (for a per person fee). In the process of confirming my reservation we talked once every day for two days, and I was told everything would be ready when I got there. Because I would be driving from far away the day of I even sent them my estimated arrival time (7 PM) to make sure everything was ready!!

I arrived at 7 PM and found that the room had not been prepared in the least. There were no extra beds (or extra towels, etc) in the room and when I explained that I needed two extra beds they apologized and said they would ready it. An hour later, it became clear that there were no extra beds (they told us) but they were moving things around for us. Nearly 2 hours after our arrival- at 9 PM, 7 hours after when our rooms should have been ready- the two beds were set up, though they neglected to give us extra towels, etc. They didn't even have blankets because apparently they were all "being washed"?!

On top of this, everything was dirty!! Anything white had lots of poorly removed stains, their was dust or dirt on top of all the windows and surfaces (which I could remove with my finger- see pictures!!), gross things collecting on various surfaces, dead bugs in the overhead lighting... at least wipe it down once- ever!!!!

While we waited, we stopped by the restaurant. At night it is a truly depressing place, with few lights turned on and a sort of desert truck stop (decorated for christmas) kind of feel. The wait staff was excellent and very friendly. However, while we waited for a slice of flan we ordered we noticed one of the servers serving pieces of cake with his hands through the kitchen's open door!!! Every time he placed a piece on a plate, he looked up to check if we were watching (tough he didn't seem to notice we were!?). Very, very weird. I mean at least close the door!!!

I wrote to the hotel after we left explaining my frustration with paying the amount I did for such poor service and preparation and they ignored me completely (even though they had responded extremely promptly regarding reservations).

Avoid this place. If I was paying about 50$US I wouldn't have minded the stuff I mentioned, but for the price it's all a bit appalling.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Tehrangeles
Dear Guest

We appreciate your comments on this issue, we will make sure never happens again, and we regret that you didn't enjoyed your stay as you deserves,
that's why I do to you an invitation to contact us to offer you a special discount and to have you back with us.

Best Regards

Travellers are raving about these Tulum hotels

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I was here with my husband during our honeymoon. We have been travelling through lots of different hotels and resorts in the Riviera Maya region at a similar price bracket. This place is by far the worst. The rooms smell musty sometimes and like sulfur at other times. The food is really average and overpriced. The service is average. We had no hot water. Then it rained and the ceiling leaked, getting water all over our open luggage. Wish we stayed at the Mahekal Beach Resort in Playa Del Carmen for longer rather than staying here - that place was tops!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gemma B
Los lirios t, Director of Sales at Los Lirios Hotel Cabanas, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Dear guest

We regret that your stay was not what you expected, and we assume that you are making a comparison of a hotel located in an ecological zone against a resort in Playa del Carmen, however, we have many services to make a comfortable and pleasant stay for our guests, our hotel is a quiet and is directed to the eco-turism.

Best Regards.