“Excellent food, amazing service”

El Caballo Blanco Tulum
Ranked #148 of 453 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: European, Mexican, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We have food in a great variety of European-Mexican influences. From appetizers, like ceviches, to salads, soups like borscht, until sandwiches, tacos, hamburgers and meatdishes like ribeye... We have a big garden in the back were it's ideal for families or groups.
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Situated in town, just across from the ADO bus station.This restaurant/bar has it all: great food, friendly and professional service, great drinks and an ambient atmosphere. The owners, Joop and Martina, are Dutch and German.
The clientele is a good mix of tourists and locals, including expats from all over the world who has this as their regular place. The menu is comprehensive, and you're sure to find something you like. You can choose between homemade German sausages with sauerkraut, cheeseburgers and steaks, spicy curries and grilled fish, goulash or more regular Mexican fares of tacos, chile rellenos, fajitas and marisco soup. All are made from scratch with natural ingredients. And the kitchen is spotless.
They make great drinks at a very good price, and have a wide selection of beer and wine.
There is live music some nights, with excellent local musicians.
This is a place I guarantee you will make a return visit to!

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I just got tacoed-out and had to have a Bacon n Cheese Burger! I've had their grilled fish tacos, their shrimp tacos with their happy hour drinks all superbly supplied. They hit the spot! But there are those moments when you just gotta have a thick juicy burger with the classic fixings. When my wife says "what do you want to eat?" El Caballo Blanco gallops across my mind "what I really want is their burger n fries." But since I'm on vacation and should be eating seafood on the Yucatan in Tulum I restrain myself! But not today; going to have their ice cold happy hour beers and their classic bacon cheese burger and fries! See you in the garden patio. Hope they have live music tonight ...

4  Thank BrandyRelis
Reviewed 3 June 2016

This restaurant/bar was recommended to us by several locals and we loved it. We had lunch there and went back for drinks and appetizers the next day. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

Apologies first,to the owners,Job and Tina,for this belated review,great bar,great hearty food and snacks,and the most welcoming,friendly and helpful hosts,if you need anything your sure to find advice here.Very friendly bar staff and locals from around the globe,cannot wait for my next bottle of ice cold superior,cheers and good health to all at the White Horse.No bulls... here

1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 29 February 2016

We stopped for a nice dinner and this place hit the spot. We were all looking for something a little less spice and more meat and potatoes. Drinks were very good and so was the food.
They had a band coming in but we missed them but met some nice people as well. I would recommend this place especially if you want something non-Mexican