Tara Inn(New Glasgow)
US$91
Agoda.com
US$93
US$103
The Lionstone Inn(Pictou)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$75
Agoda.com
US$117
US$114
All reviewsroom was cleannova scotiacape bretonfront desk staffhot tubfree breakfastgood sizewould stay here againtop floorpei ferryhockey tournamenthot breakfastpancakesyogurtno complaintsvery nice hotelstayed one night
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

In our way back from Halifax we decided to stop in. Not many hotels but we wanted a pool and a jacuzzi. So after paying a fair amount we went to check out the pool.. it was full of loud children. So unfortunately we didn’t get to use the pool on our stay.
Threw out the night kids were running all over yelling. The room was nice, but the wifi was iffy and there were not many tv channels.
For the price it was not worth it at all.
Will stay else where next time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnExpre... S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stellarton - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay. We are quite busy most weekends throughout the winter with sports tournaments so we do have many families in the hotel. When we are this busy, with 125 rooms and families in most rooms, the wifi can be very slow and intermittent. If you would like to try us again sometime, please call ahead to be sure there are no events in the area. Have a great day. Erika M. Asst. GM

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I hear some work to do shows over two days in New Glasgow, and the local recommendation from staff was to stay here over anywhere else.

My room was clean and warm with a nice TV and a big bed. There was a chair in the corner with an ottoman and the room had a fridge and a Keurig. I *believe* it had a microwave.

I was hungry and asked staff if there was a place within walking distance i could grab a beer and some food. They gave me a card for a local pub, the Thistle. The pub actually picked me up and dropped me off at the end of the night for free. (tipping seemed appropriate though). The food was good at the bar and music was both live and DJ.

Breakfast was included and was OK, the hot selection was a little limited, but plenty of cold options.

There is a pool and small room with some cardio gear and dumbbells, but I went in town to the local gym to work out. The hotel was nice and quiet. Everyone i encountered from what was friendly and polite.

All in all it was a nice stay and I won't hesitate to stay there again if I have to work there again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpre... S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stellarton - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you so much for sharing information about your experience with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again. Have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I arrived extremely late in the evening. The staff were still extremely welcoming and nice. The room was clean and neat. The bed was soft, though I only got a few hours in it. Offered free breakfast and snacks.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpre... S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stellarton - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you very much for your review, Nate. We are glad you found the bed comfortable even for the short stay you had with us. We hope you will be able to visit us again for a longer stay and enjoy all that our hotel and Pictou County have to offer! Have a great day!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

This hotel is in a "developing" area of town (there's not much nearby, so it feels kind of isolated). It feels pretty new and I suspect that it is, and it's better than some of the alternatives in the region. That said, although my room is huge and in good condition, it is DARK. I turned on ALL the lights and still couldn't really see well enough to iron my shirt...and there are five lamps and an overhead light in this room (and I have pretty excellent vision!). Also, my room faces the parking lot and around 6:15 am, a food delivery truck idled in front of the hotel for several minutes before the driver exited and loudly yanked the ramp out and let it bang to the ground. There was no getting back to sleep for me! Anyway, the breakfast was a decent continental spread and the pool looked inviting (it even has a slide - woohoo!)

Room Tip: Avoid the odd-numbered rooms, which face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stellarton - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Hi JB81ontheroad,

Thank you for your stay and for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I regret to read that your stay at our property was only average. I am sorry for the disappointments you had with the room received and its lighting conditions. Our guest's comfort remains a priority and I apologize for letting you feel otherwise.

Your comments are noted and be rest assured that these will be shared with the management team to help us determine what we could further improve on to be able to deliver a highly satisfactory experience.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Very very clean and new. Great front desk staff who are very helpful, getting cabs, directions, recommendations, etc. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Well run hotel. The pool has a slide and the pool area is very clean and has a nice shower. The hot tub jet pressure was a little low, but it was still pleasant and clean. The breakfast buffet is excellent. No complaints at all. Great beds too! Very supportive and comfy.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpre... S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stellarton - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you very much for sharing feedback about your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and we hope to see you again. Have a great day!